Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lmandel, jorge, rayborn, kairo, hwine, kglazko, ritu, arcadio, bhearsum
- We reviewed the bugs identified by QE in Hello context feature to determine whether to turn this feature off for FF40 release.
- Based on the discussion, there are two more bugs that need to be fixed.
- Otherwise, the quality looks good and this feature will ship in FF40.
- 39.0.1 - no release currently planned, still discussing impact of web compat bug 1181130 but doesn't look like it warrants a point release
- 40 b4 mobile received sign-off from SV today, will upload to Play store if Sylvestre has not already done so.
- 40 b5 desktop gtb today
- Ritu will handle p-d update tomorrow while lmandel is on PTO
- [bug 1182751] Flash block. Linux update was released today, so all platforms now have "safe" versions to update to.
- [bug 1183369] Java block. Now in production. There are updates available.
- Overall rate: >10 (target: <1.5)
- We had a huge crash spike in the last two days due to bug 1182919, did a backout and a new build yesterday for this.
- Another spike hit us yesterday, this time a gfx startup crash in bug 1184539, caused by the incomplete patch to disable WARP on Win7, updates are frozen at pre-breakage builds right now, backout and rebuild are ongoing.
- Overall rate: 1.3 (target: 1.2-1.4), plugin hangs: 0.25 (target: <0.1)
- plugin hangs: bug 1170231 needs uplift to beta, otherwise we need to disable async plugin init again - aklotz will be back from PTO on Monday.
- gfx shutdownhang bug 1159751 is 4.5% in b4
- bug 1181714 (MS Office IME) 1%, disabling TSF in b5 should help
- bug 1182207 (GC OOM) is 0.9%
- bug 1181735 (AudioMixer::FinishMixing() is 0.9%
- bug 1182197 (dom::Promise::MaybeSettle) is 0.9%
- bug 1182176 (Internet Download Manager) down to 0.6% as they are rolling out their update
- Overall rate: 1.0
- Flash crashes have been spiking earlier this week, the security update release from Adobe should fix that as well. Rate is down, either due to that or due to the security block or both.
- Rates look decent
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- TCW this weekend, Sat July 18, 7-2 PT
- Balrog will be off the air for ~30m during the TCW
- No updates
- Tyler is back from paternity leave for the most part
Survey Results are here! View the raw results here: https://drive.google.com/a/mozilla.com/file/d/0BzOVTKwCyuNrSnlCUG41dFE0RU0/view?usp=sharing
- Lots of feedback for V2, version already in progress from feedback, add more: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/release-survey-wrapup , Tyler from UA is interested in helping and granted SurveyGizmo access.
- Some interesting points, formal report to:
- Shorter turnaround time on approvals.
- Understanding how Release Management determine which crashes/hangs are frequent enough to be worth fixing would help me assess how much effort to put and to assess whether the situation has been sufficiently addressed.
- Developers who took this survey were more likely to feel like there wasn’t enough time compared to Q.A. Several comments suggest that communication and planning to developers may not have been optimal this release.
- Need to investigate morale issues surrounding features that don't land, and reassigning developers on different projects.