Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lmandel, cornel, iulia, ioana, timea, nihai, andrei, alexandru, lizzard, julien, philipp,ninu,dveditz, marcia, ryanvm, oana, petruta, camelia, marco, cristian, ritu, mahe
- 54.0b2 shipped tuesday
- fennec 53.0.1 (build2) in testing
- SHIELD sysaddon about to ship to release
- Crash bugs filed in the last day: https://mzl.la/2p7i8vO
awsy rate: 1.59 (browser 0.94, content 0.65)
- Rate down slightly than what was reported at Tuesday's meeting
- Not too much else to report
awsy rate: 0.86 (browser 0.62, content 0.24)
- (unassigned) intel graphics driver crashes regressing in 54: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359416 - 15.3% of browser crashes
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1335971 is a suspected cause of the regression
- (unassigned) Crash in EnqueuePromiseReactionJob: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1347984 - 1.6% of browser crashes, 5.1% of content crashes
- (assigned) Crash in `anonymous namespace::wasapi_stream_start: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1358868 - 0.7% of browser crashes, 1.3% of content crashes
- (assigned) Crash in mozilla::MP4Demuxer::NotifyDataArrived: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357040 - 0.5% of browser crashes
awsy rate: 0.72 (browser 0.52, content 0.20)
- current explosiveness report: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-04-26/2017-04-26.firefox.53.explosiveness.html
- Top crash correlated with Avast
- Mac spike that was reported in last Tuesday's meeting has been broken out into separate bugs
- malware related BaseThreadInitThunk startup crash seems to go away on its own now: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (was plaguing us over the past couple of months)
awsy rate: 0.74
- Fennec release
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1354911 is very high, but is now resolved fixed and should be in the next Fennec release
- investigation still ongoing if the decreased crash rate reflects a real-world stability improvement or is due to some data issue: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/fennec-drop-20170420
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Shield Recipe Client v1.0.0 (1351454) system add-on for 53.* signed off on the 'release-sysaddon' channel (GREEN) - results: https://goo.gl/Wx3tJC.
- WebRTC compatibility signed off (YELLOW) - results for round 1: https://goo.gl/Kriqv6 | yellow because of https://bugzil.la/1359104,1359377,1359406 (newly uncovered).
Trello Note: I just added a new label called 'Not SV' so we know the features that SV are not testing but rather are dependent upon automated testing or QE testers who are on the respective Development teams. [marcia]
- Can we get a status update on https://trello.com/c/Eod67lE0/75-about-preferences-revamp?
- drafting a test suite
- Also clarification for https://trello.com/c/TcVsMSr2/205-graphics-stability-animated-image-memory-usage? It shows as signed off in Trello, but Feature Ownership document shows 30%
- https://trello.com/c/iGg1Sj22/243-content-sandboxing as well, looks as if needs a test plan
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 54.0b2-build1 signed off (GREEN) - results: https://goo.gl/ahn1FH.
- Copy, Paste, Drag & Drop functionality signed off (YELLOW) - results: https://goo.gl/D92qld | yellow because of https://bugzil.la/1288773.
- 54b3 Testday this Friday, Apr 28 - details: https://goo.gl/fcJ0tE.
- [Andrei] To coordinate with Engineering QA team and update all the Trello cards associated to the features tracked by Softvision.
- Fennec 54 Beta 2 was sign out - no major issue
- New bug https://bugzil.la/1359363 - Search engines flicker when search suggestions are turn on/off
- Fennec 53.0.1 build 2 - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/53/0.1/smoketests-results#QA_Assignment mail ready to be sent out
- General thoughts on improved crash rate!!
- many crash sigs moved to ESR (XP users)
- infobar submitted crashes omitted now on awsy dashboard for nightly too