Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
lizzard, marcia, ioana, Ninu, Sorina, Oana, Bogdan, Florin, philipp, kmoir, adrian, julien, sylvestre, avaida,Cristian, petruta, brindusa, adrian, ovidiu, rares, mboldan, carmenf, RyanVM, elan, Julia
- desktop 56.0b12 is built already, will ship tomorrow
- early merge today
- Detailed schedule for the next week and a half: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jeypuqBqEyIh-4qxXT0UnE2aVjetN7uVD8W7L7TbWKg/edit
- 56 release date sept. 28
56 release blockers
- Locales issue https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389709
- several crashes
- Quick review of shield studies or experiments.
- Is anything waiting for signoff or testing?
- Shield studies in flight: https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
Something odd going on with telemetry for activity stream
[philipp] infobar submission mechanism didn't stop after early beta: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399796
awsy rate: 2.98 (browser 1.33, content 1.66) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 8.94 (week before: 7.17, this time last cycle: 12.49)
- Rate is down from Tuesday
- #2 Top Crash is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398070 is assigned to Blake
- #2 non browser top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1397214 is fairly high volume, 10079 crashes/631 installs
- Filed new Networking regression bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399884. Affects Mac and Linux. ni on valentin as it seems to be a regression from his landing.
awsy rate: 1.14 (browser 0.86, content 0.28) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 5.15 (week before: 4.73, this time last cycle: 4.33)
[philipp] top remaining crash regressions in 56.0b11
- Gfx related shutdownhangs: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389021 - 15.3% of browser crashes
- bug is active & devs are trying out various remedies on nightly
- Startup crash in [@ mozilla::CacheDataAppendElement]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1276488 - 4.5% of browser crashes
- no leads there; only two dozen affected installations
- Crashes in third-party modules relating to RelevantKnowledge adware: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394550 - 1.3% of browser crashes
- bug is stalled; various people are ni but nobody picking up on it :-)
- mp4 rust parser crash in alloc:oom: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389470 - 1.2% of browser crashes
- fix relanding on nightly today after prior backout
- content process shutdownkills in Font code: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399847
awsy rate: 0.82 (browser 0.60, content 0.21) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 2.85 (week before: 2.95, this time last cycle: 2.61)
- Filed new #15 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399851
awsy rate - release 0.65, beta 0.85, nightly 6.85
- high fennec nightly rate due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399148 which received a patch yesterday
- Still waiting for a fix for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394788, which is overall #2 top browser crash. Work is happening in another bug.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=760394 is top overall release crash
Aurora / Dev Edition
- The second session of WebRTC compatibility testing has been dropped to make sure our team wraps up Nightly 57 build and feature sign offs on time. The WebRTC engineering team has been notified and release-drivers CCed.
- Good progress on pending bug work requests.
- https://bugzil.la/1389889 [Fx57] - we're working with someone from Bitdefender to test this, they provided a license.
- Pre-Beta feature sign offs are underway, estimate of completion is Sep 15, eod. Preliminary reports available here: https://goo.gl/vW6GLh.
- [Andrei] Final sign off for Nightly 57 is almost done, test report will be sent out today.
- 2 new bugs uncovered so far: https://bugzil.la/1399501,1399495 - we think they don't have a high impact on the build's readiness for Beta.
- Note that Date/Time Input feature has also been spot-checked as part of the sign off, per our agreement with Engineering (whuang) and RelMan (rkothari).
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Windows 10 "Fall Creators Update" compatibility signed off (GREEN) on Fx56 - test report: https://goo.gl/Cnbtrg.
- 1 new bug uncovered - https://bugzil.la/1399373, an intermittent crash that's sort of an edge case.
- Fennec 56 Beta 11 signed off without major problems
- Features pre-Beta and pre-release signnoff underway
** late addition to Nightly - Tracking Protection UI on Fennec
- nightly Check part 3 will be done next week ( week 7) as initially scheduled)
- Ioana in PTO - 20th to 27th - back in the office on 28th - feature signoff next week ( a preliminary verification might go out tomorrow)
* talk with mihai ninu or florin for help
- review feature signoffs - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/57-features-preliminary-status-pre-Beta
- Final version of High Sierra (10.13) is slated to be released on September 25th. Do we have plans to test when it gets to GM?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398582 is by far one of the worst bugs we have at the moment
- [Andrei] Yes, we are close to a final Test Plan draft for macOS 10.13 compatibility, we'll follow up on this early next week to request feedback.
- Plan for 64-bit still under discussion
- [marcia] Some confusion about triage. jgong pinged me and asked who handles triaging untriaged bugs
- [rares] EngQA is handling it. What exactly is the confusion here?
- P1: New untriaged bugs (outstanding list) - https://triagebot.mozilla.org/dashboard.html P2: NI from Rel Mgmt (received directly by Brindusa Tot) P3: Qe-verify+ list: https://tinyurl.com/ydam6hah - P4: Untriaged bugs without any final resolution that are 14 days older from our previous comments (ex: NI to reporter for which we didn’t receive any reply) – we get these from here https://tinyurl.com/yab3fly2 - P5: the remaining bug triage lists: Regression wanted: https://tinyurl.com/y7jkzv8o Test-case wanted: https://tinyurl.com/yb5y2n4h Old bugs marked as regression: https://tinyurl.com/y8cra6kc General Bug List: https://tinyurl.com/ybbbpead
Softvision EngQA team used to handle P1 to P5 until about a couple of weeks ago, when we started deprioritizing some of them and focus on Fx57 feature testing (Photon & Activity Stream) and Photon bug verification. We’re still currently handling P1 & P2 + partially P3 & P4. P5 has been totally deprioritized (might be until the Release of Fx57)