Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
marcia, lizzard, julien, sylvestre, philipp, bsurd, Cornel, avaida, RyanVM, Adrian, jorge, kmoir, Cristian, Florin, dveditz, rares,roxana, Tom, mboldan, carmenf,Sorina, jlorenzo,nicole
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- m-c is now 58
- changes to 57 will need uplifts
- Will start the build of 57.0b2 later today
- should esr52.4 block on bug 1047098?
- will ping overholt
- yes? given Tor and distros using ESR fixing it trunk only may not make press issues go away
- 56.0 rc is out on the beta channel
- Waiting to build a desktop RC2, on the indexdb bug. May build fri. and release monday
- Fennec rc1 also likely delayed (for locale issues) (check with mkaply)
- FYI: Shield studies in flight. https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
- we had a drop off in shield studies, 4 studies affected
- reenroll users, coming soon. 56 rc2 has the fix.
awsy rate: 2.25 (browser 1.16, content 1.09) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 7.59 (week before: 9.07, this time last cycle: 9.40)
- Nightly is down from what was reported Tuesday
- Top browser crash is still 1398070. Tracking a potential fix in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1401668
- New Nightly Triage bugs filed - https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q3#2017-09-21_-_kanru - 5 new crashes
- New nightly crash with signatures in Mac and Linux (mozilla::MozPromiseRequestHolder<T>::Track via mozilla::dom::U2F::Sign) should be fixed by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1401019
- Top Windows browser crash on Nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398070
- Top Mac browser crash on Nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399975
- Top Linux browser crash on Nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1382144
awsy rate: 1.16 (browser 0.87, content 0.29) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 5.24 (week before: 4.90, this time last cycle: 3.99)
[philipp] 57.0b1 devedition :
- Content crashes in mozilla::layers::ImageBridgeChild::InitForContent: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1400637 - 49% of content crashes
- Judging by the comments it seems to hit some users repeatedly and is rendering the browser near useless
- 7000 crashes for 350 users. headphone related?
- Crash in mozilla::ipc::MessageChannel::WillDestroyCurrentMessageLoop: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1398070 - 44% of browser crashes
- crash at shutdown
- Mac content crashes in [EMPTY: no crashing thread identified; OK]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1385531 - 11% of content crashes
- should be fixed with https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1400671
- A11y content crashes in mozilla::a11y::DocAccessible::DoInitialUpdate: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1399557 - 11% of content crashes
- A11y content crashes in PBrowserParent::RecvPDocAccessibleConstructor...: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1383501 - 7.6% of content crashes
- Gfx crashes in Intel's igdusc64.dll module - 3.3% of browser crashes
[philipp] 56 rc1:
- Gfx shutdown hangs from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1389021 - 10% of browser crashes
- Gfx crashes in ... CFrameSurfaceAllocator::ReleaseDXVASurface: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1374231 - 8.5% of browser crashes
awsy rate: 0.84 (browser 0.61, content 0.23) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 3.07 (week before: 2.75, this time last cycle: 2.58)
- Release rate looks good
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1334165 is back on release, but it is only present on 55 according to crash stats.
awsy rate: release 0.66 - beta 0.74 - nightly 3.43
- Nightly trending down and recovering nicely after the crash spike due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1400549
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394788 is the top crash in B13. It appears as if the fix for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1392705 addressed the Android crashes.
- Rate looks good and there nothing specific to call out here.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] ESR 52.4 signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/rVgRoz.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 56.0 (RC1) signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/jFfyMT.
- DevEdition 57.0b1 signed off (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/ozej7U.
- macOS 10.13 Golden Master build spot-checked today (GREEN) - test report: https://goo.gl/GLzGxd.
- Beta 56.0b13 signed off without new issues.
- Done part 3 of the Nightly pre-check, signed off without new issues.
- Waiting for delayed RC 56.
- Photon Mobile feature sign off: Yellow, agreed to fix all remaining issues in Beta 57 or Nightly 58.
- Activity Stream Mobile feature sign off: Yellow, agreed to fix all remaining issues in Beta 57.
- Custom Tabs Mobile feature sign off: Yellow, agreed to fix all remaining issues in Beta 57.
- [marcia][elan] Discuss parameters around when things can land in Beta 57 cycle. <= by which beta do things need to land? Usually we say the week before RC but will that be ok for 57?
- Joe Hildebrand commented on Slack recently: "after a week or two, the bar should turn into 'would cause a point release if not fixed'"
- Fennec in particular had many "yellow" QA signoffs