Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
marcia, jcristau, cornel, Julia, jlorenzo, bsurd, avaida, bogdan_maris, philipp, brindusa, Cristian,asimonca, jgong, carmenf,roxana,ninu, Tom, RyanVM, lizzard, petruta, Timea, mboldan, elan,Sorina
- 57.0b12 gtb today
- Quick review of shield studies or experiments.
- Is anything waiting for signoff or testing?
There is a pending study we will need in Release 56 (currently happening in Beta 57). Currently being prepared for hand off for testing.
- ^dashboard still broken: https://github.com/gregglind/x-shield-inflight-dashboard/issues/4
awsy rate: 1.79 (browser 0.76, content 1.03) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 4.61 (week before: 5.16, this time last cycle: 7.17)
- Nightly crash triage continues to be fairly quiet: https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q4
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1411132 was reopened since post landing the signatures are still showing up
awsy rate: 0.76 (browser 0.43, content 0.34) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 1.94 (week before: 2.01, this time last cycle: 4.73)
[philipp] 57.0b11 regressions compared to 56 release:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1404791 - 2.2% of content crashes
- stylo: Crash in rand::weak_rng: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1409444 - 2% of content crashes
- understood and on a path to a fix
- startup crashes in mozJSComponentLoader::GetSharedGlobal & nsZipArchive::GetItem - 2% of browser crashes
- mostly stale; we thought this might be caused by a particular 3rd party but this doesn't seem to be the case in correlation data
- for a number of e10s+accessibility issues see tuesday's notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2017-10-24#Beta
awsy rate: 0.80 (browser 0.56, content 0.25) telemetry (m+c-s) from tuesday: 2.36 (week before: 2.75, this time last cycle: 2.95)
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1405290 has risen to #2 and #6 on release. Affects 57 as well.
awsy rate: release 0.56, beta 0.75, nightly 1.22
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1396698 is now the top crash. Filed 2 months ago.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1411267 which affects Pixel/Pixel XL devices is rising. We have a user who can reproduce the issue on his device. Affects 57 as well (currently #18 top crash)
- Early data coming in for FennecAndroid 57.0b11 shows about the same crashes at the top.
- Nothing of note to call out.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Cornel] 56.0.2 - signed off as GREEN
- [Mihai] 64-bit migration testing on 56.0.2 - completed on 'release-cdntest'
- testing on 'release' currently in progress
- [Cornel] Preliminary Nightly feature sign-offs in progress *due Oct 27 (pre-Beta sign-offs due Nov 3)
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Heads-up: final DevEdition 57 build sign off pushed back to Mon, Oct 30, so that we can meet the deadline this week on our feature sign offs.
- 57.0b11 signed off without any major isuses
- Pre-Release feature sign-offs are in progress *due Oct 27
- QA status for Firefox 57 features - https://goo.gl/tJUKsU
- [Julia] The Activity Stream Pre-Release sign off is in progress. The current feature status is YELLOW - 9 new uncovered issues and a big number of known ones https://goo.gl/9Cv31z
- [Emil] [Photon Structure] Concern raised over https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1400259 (Windows 7).
- [Andrei] A new last-minute feature found on Firefox 57 - https://trello.com/c/KXofM00V/3170-accessibility-indicator. We won't be able to sign it off this week, but we should have a test report available by mid next week. <== sorry about this
- 57.0b11 signed off without major issues
- Photon mobile pre-Release signoff: Green - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/Photon-Mobile
- Custom tab pre-Release SignOff - Green - https://goo.gl/qwttYV
- Activity Stream pre-Release sign-off to be sent before tomorrow EOD
- given the importance of Quantum, should we remove the 56.0 watershed for non win32 users. This way <=55 non win32 users update straight to 57.0
- [avaida] Will this have an impact on 64-bit migration? => [jlorenzo - To be confirmed] 64-bit migration will be stopped at the time 57.0 ships.
- [jlorenzo] action item: follow up with an email.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)