Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
Liz, Marcia, Julien, Aryx, Tom, Ritu, Will, RyanVM, overholt
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 61.0.2 is live and everything looks good so far
- 62.0b17 released (Fennec, Desktop, Dev Ed)
- Coming up:
** Aug 16: Beta 18. ** Aug 20: Beta 19. ** Aug 23: Beta 20. First Merge. ** Aug 27: Mobile beta 21/Desktop RC. ** Sept 4: Merge day. Nightly 64 starts. ** Sept 5: 62 Release
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1474028 broke signatures, especially in builds over the weekend.
firefox nightly summary score: 4.05, last Thursday 4.03
- Small volume Graphics regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1482415
- Bunch of signatures in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1482640, with "Must not use a decoder that has finished"
firefox beta summary score: 2.51 , last Thursday 2.62
- Added a comment to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1472062. Probably not much we can do about it without looking more closely at the crash, per Comment 4.
- Poked the shutdown hangs in the top 10 beta crashes. they aren't worse than 61.
- The fix for async extension shutdown timeouts made it into b17 so i guess we will notice over the next days if it affects the crash volume in a positive way.
Note that the fix wasn't entirely effective on nightly.
firefox release summary score: 2.26, last Thursday 2.28
- Never got symbols for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1476008. Now it appears a new version is out: Version: 184.108.40.206.
- Sent email to the 2 addresses in the bug to follow up and try to get symbols for the latest version.
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
- Android Pie continues to roll out to Google Pixel devices
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1482452 - Crash in libart.so@0x34db51
fennec release summary score: 27.96, last Thursday 28.34
- Several high volume crashes present in 61.0 Fennec are no longer present in 61.0.2
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1468541 - Snapdragon 820/821
fennec beta summary score: 30.90, last Thursday 31.46
- Crash rate seems a bit low, top crash has 250 crashes
fennec nightly summary score: 48.26, last Thursday 51.57
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480852 continues to be very visible in nightly
- Nightly APK uploads currently broken due to glandium's LTO patches
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- [liz] Signoffs from QA mention August 27 as a deadline to land last minute fixes. I'd prefer we give an earlier date.
- Aug 27 is monday of RC week when we go to build
- Aug 23, Thursday = First merge, beta 20 build.
- Better for feature related work to land on m-c well before that, verification & uplift by beta 20, or at latest, Friday Aug 24.
- [marcia] Reminder that SV is off this Wednesday, August 15th