Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
marcia, abodea, jcristau, pascal, mlobontiuroman, csasca, Sebastian, RyanVM, lizzard, sdeiac,sflorean, lbialis, obotisan, Tom, brindusa, Rares, wlach
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- desktop 64.0
- ready to go 100%?
- issue with webcompat reporter: 1513541
- fennec 64.0.1
- build just started
- 10% tomorrow assuming qa signoff
- check on things monday
- Fennec 65.0b4 shipped yesterday @ 25%. Will go to 99% tomorrow if crash data looks OK.
- Desktop/DevEdition 65.0b4 shipped @ 100% today.
- 65.0b5 gtb Monday (all releases)
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- search shortcuts in some countries moved from 10 to 90%
* "make firefox default" prompt
firefox nightly summary score: 5.22
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1489094 is still making it difficult to do nightly triage. Until the symbols are unmangled,
it is labor intensive to figure out what to file since the Moz Crash Reasons are often lumped together under one signature
- Linux GTK crash is #3 overall: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513572
- Small volume XPCOM regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513864
firefox beta summary score: 9.02
- Beta 3 looks good so far, no new crashes in the top 10: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/topcrashers/?product=Firefox&version=65.0b3&process_type=any
- Filed a small volume Mac regression which started when 65 was in nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513925
firefox release summary score: 5.79
5094 continues to be the top content crash. Will reach again to our contacts to let them know the trend is continuing in 64
- Investigating a new Win 10 crash - [@ shutdownhang | ntdll.dll@0x9e294 ]. Comments mention restarting Windows or
refreshing the Firefox profile
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 25.09
- Still waiting release data for Fennec. 63.0.2 looks good overall, with the exception of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1503255
fennec beta summary score: 221.17 (Latest release is new (8 hours in field), numbers should be viewed with skepticism)
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513912 to address a Core | Web Speech bug that is visible in b15, but also occurred in 63
- New bug in the latest beta, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1513870.
fennec nightly summary score: 31.58
- Volume is still fairly low in nightly, nothing significant to call out yet
- ESR 60.4.0esr-build2 testing
- covered update testing on esr channel: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1C5b3jaZV7OYUpK6eDv4_C_3PY0Zn0435vjsmhOSv2Sw/edit#heading=h.av2h0y41z2d3
- Fx 66 Milestones - mid Nightly (10 Jan) is too close to pre-Beta.
- QA proposal is to make mid-Nightly optional for Fx 66 - discuss about this with develoment team and decide together.(depending on implementation and on PTOs during this cycle)
- higher risk features can still get extra testing
- other features will only be tested on one platform for Jan 10 like a preliminary sign off but not a full mid-nightly round of tests on several platforms.
- only one feature is new, others have been through nightly in Firefox 65 cycle.
- Liz will follow up and modify the schedule
Aurora / Dev Edition
- RC 64.0-build3 testing
- update tests on release-cdntest and release: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1aTyWipB8wbcwmxILqKLxjx5ICZxq3IXb9rcpHFb5O3k/edit
- Beta 65.0b3 testing
- GREEN - Manual tests: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/plans/view/14184
- Updates on beta-cdntest/beta (aswell as aurora-cdntest/aurora) completed with no issues: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bQQ_NrV9aOAf2NI9kq7aiJRNnRXBNoQ6TCqw5vXtHbs/edit
- Snap testing completed as GREEN, with no new issues: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/plans/view/14197
- Beta 65.0b4 testing
- GREEN - Manual tests: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/plans/view/14215
- Updates on beta-cdntest (aswell as aurora-cdntest) completed with no issues: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/14xetP6WH8terDDuyQWEvZ1syMGqsAkVvSSp2xxJTmOc/edit
- Beta and aurora updates are being handled by the LV team, as we speak.
- Snap testing completed as GREEN, with no new issues: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/plans/view/14252
- SignedOff 65 Beta 4 - status GREEN
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- [wlach] - doing some nightly analysis to try and understand mission control results better:
- it appears that we may be significantly over-reporting the number of usage hours on Windows, which probably means the true crash rate on Windows is higher than it appears in Mission Control right now
- other news is mostly good: accounting for the above, have similar numbers of users on each platform (windows, mac, linux) as on releasem have thousands of users on each platform, a good proportion of users are on a fairly recent version at any given time
- full report here: https://extremely-alpha.iodide.io/notebooks/139/?viewMode=report (warning: kind of slow to load)