Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
marcia, RyanVM, pascal, philipp, Aryx, Ritu, Shell, Andrew, Tom, DVeditz, jcristau
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 65.0.1 (Desktop & Fennec @ 25%) and 60.5.1esr (@ 100%) going out today
- 66.0b7 shipping today @ 100% for Desktop/DevEdition/Fennec
- Beta 7 is when "EARLY BETA OR EARLIER" ends
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- Latest Nightly Mac rate looks a bit better - https://missioncontrol.telemetry.mozilla.org/#/nightly/mac - I assume due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1525359
firefox nightly summary score: 3.35, Thursday no report
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484524 seems to rising in frequency on 67 [asuth is getting back to it this week]
- Many single installation crashes, but no much else to report
- Latest nightly crash triage https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2019Q1
firefox beta summary score: 2.99, Thursday no report
- crash in mozilla::gfx::DrawTargetD2D1::CreateBrushForPattern: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1526045 - 2.2% of content crashes
- crash in mozilla::gfx::Factory::GetD2DDeviceContext: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1521774 - 0.5% of content crashes
- has a patch which doesn't seem to have an impact on crashes on nightly
- startup crash in RtlAcquireSRWLockExclusive | ... | mozilla::gfx::VsyncSource::Display::NotifyVsync: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1523956 - 0.4% of browser crashes
firefox release summary score: 2.26, Thursday no report
- content crash in mozilla::ipc::IPDLParamTraits<T>::Write spiking: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484524 - currently 9.5% of tab crashes [asuth going to get back to this ASAP]
- content crash with the VP9 decoder in Ndr64pClientInit on win10 1809 N editions: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1521370 - 1.5% of tab crashes
- ms doesn't intend to fix this; might be solved with the next monthly update or feature update - otherwise we should look into a workaround
- AsyncShutdownTimeout | Places Clients shutdown | sanitize.js: Sanitize on shutdown: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1524200 - 3.9% of browser crashes
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1524208 - 0.7% of browser crashes
- has a fix in beta which doesn't seem to make an impact
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 22.42, Thursday no report
- High volume crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1516665 should be addressed in 65.0.1
- spike in [@ mozilla::ipc::IPDLParamTraits<T>::Write] on fennec too: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1484524
- Nothing much else to note in release
fennec beta summary score: 22.92, Thursday no report
- New crash in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1527373. Correlation points to Adreno 530
- Another new crash also correlated to Adreno 530 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bg.cgi?id=1527377
fennec nightly summary score: 25.39, Thursday no report
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1527243 - Still crashing for diagnostic purposes
- Not much else to note
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- new point of contact for Firefox for Android?
- Talk to CKarlof, Marcia suggested it might be Stefan
- Monday February 18 is a holiday in the US and Canada
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Beta FEATURE STATUS- read only
I thought giving a read-only summary might be helpful since we are sklpping the deep dive meeting this week. Please let me know if you have questions or corrections. - Liz
Search in private browsing
* On for early beta; Now off with Beta 7. Status under discussion.
Return to AMO
* On for early beta, Now off in beta 7
* Issue with Mac, but this may not interfere with the rollout.
* Rollout plan: On by Default
* Now on in beta until Feb 25
* Rollout on release: 25% on day 1, then step up if no problems
* On by default in beta.
* Set to ride to release, default on, if no major problems found.
Update cert error pages
* On by default in beta and release.
* study is going now in mid beta
* go/no-go by Feb 19
cbcs support for widevine
* This is looking fine, will ride to 66.
* Preffed on in beta, should ride to release.
Pocket + new tab experiments
* On track; surge of uplifts in mid beta to end Feb 15. This is off by default.
Cookie restrictions (anti tracking)
* Off by default. Study launched this week.
* Plan is to keep this off in 66 but do another study in 66 release
* WebRender study in 66 https://experimenter.services.mozilla.com/experiments/webrender-performance-66/
** Decision by feb 20 on the % of release population
** QA starts in beta march 9
* Strict list cookie restrictions
** Needs action from PM/eng
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 65 Post Mortem on Feb 19 - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/65-0-Post-Mortem