Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Zoom Meeting ID: 266 532 573
- +17207072699,,266532573# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release metrics
- 4 Off-train releases
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Special Topics
- marcia, Aryx, lizzard, telin, ryanvm, philipp, pascal, Tania, Julien, Ritu, kbrosnan
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 69.0.3 is coming. Like Winter.
- 2 patches, may be delayed till later this week.
- 70.0b13 build monday, released today
- various last minute bugs that needed to go in, build problems, meant a long day/late build 3 on Monday.
Report on release criteria metrics from DRIs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a0f8cDojanXaT44ATyK1KpK0OGcoI2eRIas4Mjk_C8Y/edit#gid=1956837358
- of tracked crashers ~8
- of 70 "affected" sec-high, sec-crit is 10
- of open carryover regressions is ~75
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- Experiment launching today for Pocket engagement metrics for the Direct Response Story Card. The Direct Response Story Card displays a thumbnail with a video playhead and a Call to Action.
- Windows printing crash spiking across channels: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1585109 - 18% of browser crashes on release
- Microsoft is on the case & fix apparently shipping as a part of patch tuesday
- macOS 10.15 started rolling out yesterday
firefox nightly summary score: 4.63, Thursday 4.43
- JS crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1584814 still very visible in nightly. Waiting to see if the fix worked in the other bug
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1584820 seems to show no crashes in the latest 10/8 nightly
- #6 overall WR crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1585801 is rising at bit. Waiting to see if it is related to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1582645
- #9 overall JS crash has no comments since it was filed. Do we know what caused the spike?
- One more JS crashes with no activity since it was filed - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1585264
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1586433 was fixed by backout
firefox beta summary score: 2.89, Thursday 3.19
- crashes with kaspersky involvement: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1580934 - 1% of browser crashes
- nss team +relman is talking with them . unlikely to be fixed before 70 release but we'll follow it past release.
- Mac crash in Crash in [@ __cxa_rethrow]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579431 - 0.2% of browser crashes
- has a patch requesting uplift \o/
firefox release summary score: 1.98, Thursday 2.04
- Filed Windows DOM crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1586812 . Happening because
LSNG has been disabled in late 69 beta cycle
- See Line 48 for the other high volume crash
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec nightly summary score: 73.98, Thursday 75.00
- New regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1586770, added ni for investigation
fennec beta summary score: 52.56, Thursday 53.20
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1525290 seems to still be happening after the fix
- AI marcia to file a new bug to cover the new signatures
fennec release summary score: 18.46, Thursday 18.66
- #16 overall https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1566896 is still fairly high on release. Asked jvarga to weigh in
- Fenix v2.1.0 is out at 10%, awaiting more data
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Skyline P1 bugs
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- skyline burndown is looking good: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Skyline#Burndown_list
- Skyline Go-live control room planned for Oct 22 @ 5:15am pst. Similiar to what we did for both Trailhead and Quantum to allow for a broader set of stake holders to participate in the launch process as we go through some of our release checkpoints and various product/marketing launches happening that morning.
- Play Liz's goose text adventure game! Shameless self promotion. https://www.endofgreatness.com/officegoose/play.html