Firefox 47 Post-mortem
(Ritu) Triage with Engineering Boss for 47 (overholt) was super helpful.
- We should do it once a week through out the Beta cycle
(Ritu) Platform triage helped
- We are still figuring out ways to plan and track fixes for a version but triaging new regressions with devs was very valuable.
(Ritu) Need missed uplifts dashboard, monitoring
- This could be a ToDo for release management,
- This might be a part of ship-it.
(Ritu) Release build promotion and the 4 hour wait for opt/pgo builds to finish(!!!)
- Release BP is a great initiative. In V1.1 or V2, we need a mechanism to not prevent ship-it builds from being requested until PGO/OPT builds finish.
- Callek said RelEng plans to address this but Fenne release build promotion is taking precedence.
(Ritu) Release blockers
- Amazon video playback
- Netflix broke with Widevine uplift
- Crash spikes since we enabled D3D11 by default
- We discussed a bit about turn around time on investigating and fixing crash bugs.
(syl) Addon signing disabled at the last minute
- Caused a startup crash with selenium
- Ritu to work with David to figure out whether Selenium and Marionette WebDriver testing can be added as a Beta10 sign off criteria.
(syl) balrog update bug (0% wasn't working) [Bug 1282838
- RelEng mentioned this was a one-time issue and should be fixed soon.
- In the meantime, 47 -> 47.0.1 has been set to 1% instead of 0%.