« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8
- released to beta yesterday afternoon PT
- if all goes well, looking to release next week
Gecko Developer Preview 1.9.3a1
- being released today
- represents a stabilized version of mozilla-central (aka "trunk")
- given the name "Developer Preview" as it's not yet determined how this fits into product roadmap
- release notes are available
Mobile Firefox WinMo Alpha 4
- QA signed off on the release last night
- looking to push today
Mobile Firefox Maemo.Next
- Branch being held until Alpha 4 release
- Weave: 1.1pre1 released yesterday and might do a pre2 later this week with initial add-on sync and a firefox remote-tabs UI
- Jetpack 0.8 released yesterday. This will be the last update before moving to the "jetpack reboot architecture changes."
- common issues
- Only thing reasonably common is: scrolling not working bug 542151
- would something like this help people understand what's going down?
See the active projects page for the complete list of active work by the Firefox team.
- consolidation of xulrunner (mozilla runtime) and fennec landing today with some rel-automation follow-up work
- Madhava's been working on a list of UX issues and design-work needed for new features. The wiki can be found here
Check out the current work being done for Fennec.Next.
Lorentz and l10n landings?
- 3.7a1 sign off, going out today
- OOPP Testdays - This week and next
- Your 3.next feature needs eyes: ping us.
- 3.0.18 / 3.5.8 out to beta yesterday.
- Major update from 3.5.8 to 3.6 will be on test channels later today
- 3.7a1 going to beta today
- All future major update offers will be to 3.6. We won't be generating 3.0.x -> 3.5.x updates, only 3.0.x -> 3.6.x
- Last week we blogged about a security issue with 2 add-ons and posted an update yesterday
- AMO 5.7 underway
- Working with the Firefox and UX teams on Add-ons Manager revamp
- Major update copy almost finalized:
- 3.0 -> 3.6 version - bug 542589
- 3.5 -> 3.6 version - bug 532540
- Upcoming brown bag: "Rethinking the Mozilla Web Universe" (open to the public)
- highly recommended!