« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
- shipped yesterday, after a decision to accelerate the schedule
- beltzner will blog about the steps that led to this decision, and how we executed against it, a little later today
- additional vulnerabilities were also addressed in this release, but some won't be disclosed until 3.5.9 and 3.0.19 ship as well
Firefox 3.0.19 / Firefox 3.5.9
- release target is March 30
- along with SeaMonkey and Thunderbird updates!
Firefox 3.0.18 / Firefox 3.5.8 -> Firefox 3.6 Advertised Major Update
- great success!
- need to get some final numbers here from Ken and Blake
Lorentz Branch (Firefox 3.6.3?)
- code freeze is this Friday, and we'll begin beta builds
- need to decide on numbering and release channel for those builds
- need to figure out how we move our beta testers over to it
Fennec 1.0.1 Maemo
- Will ship whenever its ready in the next week or two
Fennec 1.1 Maemo
- string freeze on Friday
- beta 1 release date tentatively set for April 9th
- SDK 0.2
- rc1 shipped Friday, March 19 (announcement)
- rc2 scheduled for today, pending resolution of blockers
- final release scheduled for this Friday, March 26
- SDK 0.3
- discussed in Jetpack weekly meeting yesterday
- plan not yet ready, but will be at Labs/Jetpack/SDK/0.3
- freeze Sunday, April 18 at midnight
- first RC on Monday, April 19
- final release on Monday, April 26
- Still seeing a bunch of Hotmail reply-forward issues. bug 538892
- A couple reports of Flash 10.0.45 not working with 3.6 with Windows but the earlier Flash works.
- Support newsletters: signup
- lots of progress on 1.1 front end features this past week (i.e. Auto update add-ons, View all mobile add-ons) and more upcoming
- form data autocomplete on Fennec 1.1 will sync with Weave Sync 1.2
(look at other details on the latest development news in the team's engineering meeting notes)
(see the March 23rd platform meeting notes for more details)
- hacking compare-locales
- 9 "green" locales on lorentz
- Fx3.6.2 was tested and shipped on monday. Lots of great kudos from a lot of people to make that a quick turnaround
- Fx3.7a4 is targeted for monday. Testplan will be located here.
- Testing of Firefox 3.next projects are up in full swing. Test Plan is always updated with progress.
- Mobile Weekly Test Report
- More Testplanning strategy against Service teams (weave, jetpack, test pilot). A overall Services QA wiki is in the works.
- Analysis of "3.6.2pre" issue is complete. Only impacts strings used by uninstaller. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=554232#c13
- We're working on making sure this can't happen again, and tests to catch it sooner.
- Reaching out to Symantec on bug 547708
- Update issue with Yahoo! Partner distributions
- Build Your Own Browser (BYOB) update https://byob.mozilla.com/
- No updates
- Plugin Check (with Cross-browser functionality) 2.0 launch has been postponed for a few weeks to try and improve the Plugin Directory. Hoping to release in 2-3 weeks.
- Finished pages for 3.0.19
- For 3.0.19, changing copy encouraging users to upgrade to 3.6 Bug 549510
- For 3.0.19 First Run page, a redirect to the What's New Bug 551792
- Plan of attack for Rethinking the Mozilla Web Universe