< Firefox3.5 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 3.0.x Releases
- Firefox 3.0.9
- released yesterday
- Firefox 3.0.10
- Aiming for mid-late May release
- 3.5 Forum threads (28). Take home: Firefox 3.5 is not immune to Flash/malware crashes. These are plaguing us on 3.0.8 also.
- We're still trying to figure out what's causing _pr_md_send crashes (bug 467167).
- Other major issue: sqlite-related issues. The list of symptoms a broken sqlite file can cause is long (crashes, not saving/deleting data or just really weird behavior) and thus users may not find the correct KB article or be able to self-diagnose.
- Few users have gone through with checking for corruption (because it's so much easier to delete and start over)
- KB should be completely set up for 3.5 and all 3.1 references have been changed. Now just updating to reflect new UI and string changes since last beta.
Firefox 3.5/Gecko 1.9.1 Development Update
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- at 84 blockers without fixes for final ship
- still two of P1 blockers left for B4,
- string freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 23:59 PDT
- code freeze: should be late this afternoon PDT
- QA start: Thursday, March 23rd AM
- release: unsure at this time, working on estimates with QA
Firefox.next/Gecko 1.9.2 Planning
- there's a variety of planning documents and discussions
- Firefox (Namoroka): draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Content: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Layout: draft plan | discussion
- Gecko - Graphics: draft plan | discussion
- need wider stakeholder input
- also a discussion on what to do about client side data storage on Vlad's blog and in w3 public webapps mailing list
- Atul Varma whipped up a prototype of CouchDB (a map reduce DB) for browsers that he's calling BrowserCouch - you can see sample usage code here
- Bug Verifications last week
- 148 1.9.1+Trunk bugs verified (core/firefox/toolkit)
- 114 1.9.1 bugs verified
- In the last 3 weeks, we're averaging a verification rate of 138 trunk+1.9.1 & 81 1.9.1 bugs
- beta 4 testplan standing by for builds
- Calling everyone, to test your favorite content sites in detail this week. Look for abnormal behavior especially around layout, plugin handling, and site performance. See additional testing areas in testplan for specific areas
- Top Site Automated Regression Testing found 2 critical regressions in TM last week: bug 488734 and bug 489007
- Beta 4 testday planned for friday 4/24
- Website Compatibility Testing Project Results Page is live on QMO! Please help test your banking and financial sites on Firefox and log your results here.
- QA Meetup in Mountain View on Wed, 4/22
- Purpose: bring laptops and hack on Firefox 3.5 nightlies
- If you can attend, please add yourself to the Participants list!
- C API changes between Beta 3 and today:
To get this list, pull the mozilla-1.9.1 tree and run: hg diff -r FIREFOX_3_1b3_RELEASE -r tip | grep '^+++ b/.*\.idl'
accessible/public/nsIAccessibleRole.idl browser/components/places/public/nsIPlacesImportExportService.idl docshell/base/nsIDocShellLoadInfo.idl dom/public/idl/base/nsIDOMWindowInternal.idl dom/public/idl/base/nsIDOMWindowUtils.idl dom/public/idl/events/nsIDOMDataTransfer.idl dom/public/idl/events/nsIDOMSimpleGestureEvent.idl dom/public/idl/html/nsIDOMHTMLMediaElement.idl dom/public/idl/storage/nsIDOMStorage.idl dom/public/idl/storage/nsIDOMStorage2.idl dom/public/idl/storage/nsIDOMStorageManager.idl dom/public/idl/storage/nsIDOMStorageWindow.idl modules/libpr0n/public/imgIEncoder.idl netwerk/protocol/http/public/nsIHttpProtocolHandler.idl netwerk/wifi/public/nsIWifiAccessPoint.idl netwerk/wifi/public/nsIWifiListener.idl netwerk/wifi/public/nsIWifiMonitor.idl security/manager/ssl/public/nsIPKCS11.idl toolkit/components/contentprefs/public/nsIContentPrefService.idl toolkit/components/passwordmgr/public/nsILoginManager.idl toolkit/components/passwordmgr/public/nsILoginManagerStorage.idl toolkit/components/places/public/nsINavBookmarksService.idl toolkit/components/places/public/nsINavHistoryService.idl widget/public/nsIScreenManager.idl widget/public/nsITransferable.idl xpcom/io/nsILocalFile.idl xpcom/threads/nsIProcess.idl
- Information concerning partner repacks for 3.5 (as well as 3.0.x) will be tracked on the Partner Repack Status page moving forward. This page will identify all repacks that will be released, along with customization and configuration details. Specific release information will be linked from the Releases page as well.
- Working on updating the information on UA detection in MDC, per previous conversations as well as discussion in bug 487887. Intent is to review the howto and distribute/promote with service providers (esp. Yahoo! :) ).
- Automated repack generation will start w/3.0.10 (thanks, coop!), and we'll probably be pulling a number of partner-generated repacks back in-house to offer (close to) day-and-date repacks for 3.5.
- We'd (well, I'd) like to know if it's possible to fix support for bundle loads in 3.5.1, which seems to have broken at some point past 3.0 release (see bug 485274.
- Firefox 3.5 web dev features are done: Evangelism/Firefox3.5
- Clint and Pat McManus are discussing how to get measurements together.
- Performance stuff is still underway (blizzard)
- Web dev features are done
- Looking for a wordpress person (maybe from webdev?)
- Public meeting notes from last week: Evangelism/StatusMeetings/2009-04-16
- Homework: helping to develop a strong developer relations program
- New home page for MDC is up
- Docs for WiFi monitoring are done.
- Docs for DOM Storage are done.
- PR stuff
- 3D statements up with some clarification
- cnn.com - looking for an update from sam
- Updates to content to support content development/updates to support 3.5 GA posted here: Firefox3.1/WebsitePlan
- Highlights include changes to home page, IE Switch page, etc
- New content includes an "Under-the-hood" page focused on developer features (thanks Blizzard) and a more exhaustive list of "polish" changes;
- Design complete for Firefox main download page, awaiting this webdev to stage
- Design complete for WhatsNew + FirstRun page; still producing video before this page can be finalized.
- "Fastest Firefox" viral video campaign - initial 3 videos produced but not staged.
- Shappy has revised draft of PR plan under review.