From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • #granparadiso for backchannel

PRD Status Update

Open Action Items

  • thunder to confirm with Baz and Kev about where localizable string with partner name will be used in UI (needed for INST-005a)
    • carry-over
  • mconnor to follow up about landing Microformat API post M8
    • yes, it landed!
  • beltzner to liase with to get malware site list hooked up
    • carry-over


  • Proposed Schedule
  • Current BMO report for blocking-firefox3+
  • action item: mconnor to kill mozilla-1.9beta1 flag
  • damon: with 100+ M9 blockers, is there a strategy to hit freeze-date?
  • mconnor: I'm looking at rebalancing today
  • beltzner: if you're waiting on a ui decision, please make sure that the bug is marked blocking? or blocking+ and has ui-wanted as a keyword

Work in progress

  • Web-based protocol handling (PH team)
    • triage mostly done
    • bugfixing ongoing
  • Microformats (mkaply)
  • action: beltzner to contact and get sense of schedule
  • Download Manager
  • Password Manager (dolske)
  • Addons Manager (Rob Strong, Mossop, mwu)
    • plugin notification blocklist stuff
  • Security, Privacy, Identity
    • Larry is back in, watching performance closely to see what the effect is
  • Installer
  • User Experience
  • Theming/Visual Makeover
    • Mac theme is being tracked by bug 397130
    • will be filing bugs for new icon work on Windows

Security Review

  • Design Review Proposal
  • Suggested order for review
    • Password Manager (done)
    • Offline Apps (tentatively scheduled for monday)
    • Places
    • Web Content Handlers
    • Microformats
    • RSS
    • Add-Ons
    • Cross-domain XMLHttpRequest
    • Distribution/Customization
    • ContentEditable
    • Private Browsing
    • Malware Protection

QA Status/Topics

  • Question: what is the best working PRD document to be working off of? (PRD wiki or google spreadsheet)
    • mconnor: wiki document linked from these notes
    • timr: it's way out of date, we can't really track against it
    • action item: beltzner and mconnor to figure out a way to keep it up to date
  • Draft Fx 3 Test Plan wiki
  • Working on M9 features and test plans. Lots landing, daily smoketests and trunk landing verifications.
  • Work continues on Feature Test Plans linked from the Firefox 3 Test Plan Wiki.
  • This week's testday will focus on Security and Privacy
  • Testing, Verifying, Testing, Documenting, Testing...
  • timr: will we have a performance sheriff?
    • beltzner: it was decided that the sheriff should also monitor performance, but as people land changes which could impact perf, they should inform the sheriff or keep an eye on the changes
    • timr: who's looking at trend analysis?
    • mconnor: the perf team should be monitoring for that, but avoiding the little increases would be good
    • jonas: making the performance graphs more visible would be useful
    • schrep: being able to see the major metrics across all the machines which are linked-to from the tinderbox page would be the easiest way

Build Topics

Localization Topics

  • choffman: a few teams are keeping up to date with changes, and we should figure out how to ship them with the first beta
  • mconnor: the plan should be that any locales ready for beta should be shipped with the beta
  • choffman: conversely, seeding the smaller teams with a list of what is more or less locked down would be helpful to get them up to speed.

Round table

  • Documentation work is ongoing; see the documentation plan for details and to be sure your areas of interest are planned for coverage. We're evaluating all bugs tagged with the dev-doc-needed keyword as well to see which of them need to be documented for Firefox 3.
  • Where are we on help content? Will it go in the browser or on SUMO?
    • SUMO is being built, no resource applied to moving content
    • no actual plan to do this for Firefox 3 at this time, just desire
    • help contributions should be made in-product, and if we decide to migrate over, we'll do so using some scripts

Gecko 1.9 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • join #granparadiso for backchannel

General Discussion

  • Status on Perf Regression: Bug 389188 – Expose the principal of an image on its imgIRequest? Do we need to find someone else to work on this? Importance?
  • Leak Update
    • Status on nsITimers (387341) that needs to be fixed. Also, a new leak added due to Sayre's efforts: 396368.
  • M9/Beta Blockers

Blockers and Noms

Blockers report:

GFX Update

Layout Update

  • bsmedberg would like opinions on landing bug 396185 (nsIFrame inheritance rewrite) in the 1.9 cycle versus mozilla-central
    • moz2 prerequisite
    • also might have perf improvement for 1.9
    • could cause significant merge conflict if there will be ongoing 1.9(.1) development

Content Update

Mac OS X Update

Platform/Build Tools Update

  • Moz2 work ongoing - can now build MMgc as a shared library for XPCOMGC