This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Windows Vista Test Plan
Firefox 22.214.171.124 will be the first release where we support the Windows Vista platform. To that end, Marcia created a Windows Vista Test Plan. You can view the latest iteration of that document here: Windows Vista Test Plan
- 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 are simultaneous releases of Firefox. It hasn't been decided if we will ship Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 at the same time.
- Bug Triage (1/23 - completed, working with devs on case by case basis)
- Bug Verifications
- Tentative Release Date: Mid February
- Overall Schedule from Community Page
Any 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 testing results that will help us track progress, identify regressions, and verify fixes should go here.
- Smoketests and BFTs
- l10n related testing
- Updates Testing
- Major Software Updates Testing
- Vista Focused Testing
- Vista Updates Testing
- Distro Test Results
- Security Regression tests Windows - Passed
- Search Engine Checker Results: (need link)
- Continued new locale testing results:
- Thunderbird 22.214.171.124
The above list is just a sample of what we will be testing and links to blank pages we should us to track our test results. Please add any other test results here. Thanks!
When you verify the bug is fixed:
- If you test on Trunk, resolve it as VERIFIED FIXED
- If you test on 1.8.x.x branch, replace the fixed126.96.36.199 / fixed188.8.131.52 keyword with verified184.108.40.206 / verified220.127.116.11
- Verify on both 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 for bugs fixed on both branches
- If you don't see an easy way to verify or need further clarification add a comment to the bug or add "[needs testcase]" (without quotes) to the bug's Status Whiteboard.
- All Fixed Bugs (including 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, with no bugs marked "verified1.8.x.x")
- Refined bug lists for quick reference fo what's fixed where:
- All bug lists above exclude Camino, Thunderbird, Localizations and XForms
- All Verified Bugs (including 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, with no bugs marked "fixed1.8.x.x")
- verified 18.104.22.168 bugs
- verified 22.214.171.124 bugs
- Critical bugs ("fixed126.96.36.199" or "fixed188.8.131.52" bugs, no "needs testcase" in status whiteboard, and severity is "critical")
- Security bugs ("fixed184.108.40.206" or "fixed220.127.116.11" bugs, no "needs testcase" in status whitebooard, and is marked "security-sensitive")
Note: If you run into a difficult bug, just add the "[needs testcase]" in the status whiteboard and move on.
- bc's js tests
- Needs testcase or difficult to reproduce:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364323 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=360526 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361781 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362110 (need to run test in JS Shell) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362547 (need xpcshell to run test) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363849 (need JAWS for accessibility testcase)
- Verified by code inspection (should revisit later to confirm):
- Non-Firefox bugs (Camino, Sunbird, Thunderbird, etc.):
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=362186 (tried to test with TB, but didn't have any luck, asked reporter to retest).
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363043 (minor change for Sunbird only)