Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Dietrich
Announcements & Notices
- Next week: Performance team in Toronto, NFC meetup in SF
- Oslo coming up soon!
- Video tutorial for building Firefox OS apps with Yeoman and GruntJS, by @ladybenko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQVuAfCDHc&feature=youtu.be
- Welcome new Dialer peers Antony Ricaud and Fernando Jimenez
- Our Github repo finally has a proper avatar: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g
- Can someone answer this guy's question: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.gaia/c-Sqi1yk1Xk/1Mg2D5SAoxAJ
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Actively tracking & investigating certain SMS sending failures in country - bug 905199 & bug 906836
- ADU deep dive analysis on production builds to find out why numbers are lower than expected
- Smoketests - 45/47 tests passing, blockers listed below
- [Lockscreen] [Landed Yesterday] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=899236
- Smoketests - 45/47 tests passing, blockers listed below
- 1.1 HD
- 1.2 Test Planning Ongoing for each sprint team
- Key Pain Points for Stability
- Lack of Reference Device
- Graphics Regressions
- Smoketests - 28/47 tests passing, blockers listed below
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=903969
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=903498
- [Devices] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=891444
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=880780
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=901705
- [Everything.Me] [Landed Yesterday] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=905447
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=902878
- Gaia UI Automation
- Notable Bugs Affecting Automation Stability (Outside of Smoketest regressions)
[Bug 906836] New: [Messages] [TCL ] Movistar Columbia customers are not able to send/receive SMS Google Importer app not working on ZTE - investigating&working with TEF on it First month report on FFOS support completed and ready to be shared-number of queries by market, top categories deep-dives, top SUMO articles viewed by users&bugs we've been working on this first month Ralph in Colombia for last phase of UX Research
Talking this week (8/20): pdol - work on periodic sync / notifications continues - a lot of the team is working on bugs from 1.1/higher priority 1.2 Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team:
asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), swaroopa (qa), robmac
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867311
Media front end
- Talking this week (8/20): Diego - We are in the middle of the first sprint after work week in Vancouver - Working on bugs and features for 1.1 and 1.2 - More details on pivotal tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840
Talking this week: Kevin
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mlee, wlach, Bruce Weng, Walter Chen
Investigating profiling improvements, tools, general performance improvements.
Team meeting coming up in Toronto August 26-29
Triage: Component teams please tag performance bugs with perf keyword
Talking this week: Ben The team: blassey, bfrancis, dharvey, clord, cserran, naoki, hubert lu, krudnitski, francis, ian
You can now choose your default search engine! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=808732
Work on tiled layers back end and event target fluffing continues.
As usual you can see our backlog in Pivotal Tracker https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867301
Talking this week: julien
- SMS: the big l10n patch should land today, otherwise the usual fixes
- SMS: usual leo MMS work
- SMS: some perf work
- contact: deduplication + part of export functionality
System front end
Talking this week: gregor
Bug tracking: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/877441
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol
new Notification API: closing, replacing should work.
customization: unit tests done, not blocking on integration tests
unifying permissions: on the way
offline handling: replacing blue screen. UX done
download manager: UX mostly done.
Back button (and close/menu) redesign coming. Meta bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=821673
Will be put into individual team backlogs once UX assets available
Should be pref'ed off until meta bug is ready to go
\o/ \o/ !!!!1! _o/ \o/ \o_ _o_
Get one team to implement it and report to the others
Does it involve more than fixing building blocks?
Can we pref it off easily?
Add perf keyword for all performance related bugs
Can we get more nightly builds for QA? At the Paris work week, someone was complaining that all our partners had nightly builds before our QA. Who should we ask for this?
Almost all functional teams ramped up on new process (performance meeting in Toronto end of Aug)
Will be socializing wins/challenges across all functional teams for best practice reference this week
Useful or Old Links
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace (email@example.com)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- PM: Is it possible to get all of the accumulated user stories for all past versions (1.0, 1.0.1., 1.1, etc) in one place? In checking over the testruns I'm finding I don't have access to all of the requirements.
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- 7/22: James
- 7/29: Ben
- 8/6: Julien
- 8/13: Antony
- 8/20: Dietrich
- 8/27: James
- 9/2: (US HOLIDAY): Ben
- 9/9: (OSLO)