Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: James Lal
Announcements & Notices
- Next week: Performance team in Toronto, NFC meetup in SF
- Oslo coming up soon!
- Video tutorial for building Firefox OS apps with Yeoman and GruntJS, by @ladybenko: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOQVuAfCDHc&feature=youtu.be
- Welcome new Dialer peers Antony Ricaud and Fernando Jimenez
- Our Github repo finally has a proper avatar: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g
- Can someone answer this guy's question: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.gaia/c-Sqi1yk1Xk/1Mg2D5SAoxAJ
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Smoketests - 46/47 tests passing, 1 untested
- 1.1 HD
- QAs Across Functional Teams Active in Testing for 1.2 features
- Key Pain Point - Graphics Regressions
- Smoketests 43/47 tests passing, blockers below
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=909564
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=908449
- [Communications] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=907443
- [Graphics] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=900012
- Gaia UI Automation
- Blocking issue for tests failing to run unagi has been resolved
Ebay ZTE Open issues: (these need to be nom'd for something to get action) 908512 OS OTA Update doesn't apply on ZTE Open 908622 Facebook contacts import shows "Invalid App ID: 323"
[Bug 906836] New: [Messages] [TCL ] Movistar Columbia customers are not able to send/receive SMS (update: we have root cause) Google Importer app not working on ZTE - investigating&working with TEF on it (new version of app was approved and is working) First month report on FFOS support completed and ready to be shared-number of queries by market, top categories deep-dives, top SUMO articles viewed by users&bugs we've been working on this first month Ralph in Colombia for last phase of UX Research (in Paris today)
Talking this week (8/27): James Lal - perodic sync looks good and we are in final phases of adding tests - still need some remaining notification functionality (from :jrburke) - about to break ground [start] on github bot/autolander project
Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team:
asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), swaroopa (qa), robmac
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867311
Media front end
- Talking this week (8/27): Diego - End of our first sprint and planning for the 2nd one - Working on bugs and features for 1.1 and 1.2 - More details on pivotal tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840
Talking this week: No one - in a team meetup!
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mlee, wlach, Bruce Weng, Walter Chen
GPS not switching off bug landed (898240)
Mouse event shim is now completely gone!!
First commit for WebComponents Polyfill landed (907860), more to come
We're in Toronto right now! (August 26-29)
Triage: Component teams please tag performance bugs with perf keyword
Talking this week: Ben The team: blassey, bfrancis, dharvey, clord, cserran, naoki, hubert lu, krudnitski, francis, ian
Mainly working on search suggestions, event target fluffing and tiled layers back end
As usual you can see our backlog in Pivotal Tracker https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867301
Talking this week: anthony
- Gecko part of the conference call API landed
- dialer: groundwork for conference call mostly landed
System front end
Talking this week: gregor
Bug tracking: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/877441
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol
new Notification API: closing, replacing should work.
customization: unit tests done, not blocking on integration tests
unifying permissions: on the way
offline handling: replacing blue screen. UX done
download manager: UX mostly done.
Talking this week: Mike Pennisi (jugglinmike)
We only have unagis for testing (fixing soon)
Rick and Corey still working on SMS
Mike has been working on integration testing
We have all been contributing to the new Clock features for 1.2
Adding Timers and Stopwatch
UX Improvements in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=898456
Refactoring in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=896751
Mike recently was made a peer
Anything to share publicly about "Flatfish" bugs, how they should be prioritised and who should work on them?
Useful or Old Links
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (email@example.com) or Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- PM: Is it possible to get all of the accumulated user stories for all past versions (1.0, 1.0.1., 1.1, etc) in one place? In checking over the testruns I'm finding I don't have access to all of the requirements.
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- 7/22: James
- 7/29: Ben
- 8/6: Julien
- 8/13: Antony
- 8/20: Dietrich
- 8/27: James
- 9/2: (US HOLIDAY): Ben
- 9/9: (OSLO)