Grow/Meeting 10 31 13
- Time: Thursday, October 31 at 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Room: Get to Da Choppa in Mountain View 3rd floor and Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco 3rd floor
- Backchannel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-10-31-13
- Festival debrief (William)
- Community definitions
- Current set of definitions
- Summit session summary seems to be pointing at three criteria: belief in mission, action to support it, interaction with other community members
- Suggestions for updates
- Mozillians: Core, active and casual contributors who identify with Mozilla's principles and take action to advance the Mozilla project and its mission.
- Core contributor: Someone (staff member, volunteer, partner, etc.) who has a leadership or ownership position in one or more Mozilla project areas.
- Active contributor: Someone who has given substantial time, expertise and capabilities to a Mozilla activity that involves collaboration with others within the last 12 months.
- Casual contributor: Someone who has volunteered occasional amounts of time, expertise or talent in an activity or function that involves interaction with other community members.
- Supporter: Someone who believes in our products and mission and has taken action but has not interacted with other community members.
- User: Someone who chooses to use Mozilla products but may not be aware of Mozilla's mission or that there are volunteer opportunities they could get involved with.
- Spotlighting new volunteers
- Introducing New Volunteers section now on All Hands agenda for every Monday
- How would we want to make use of this?
- Do we want to provide a guide or suggestions for others on how to use this?
- Next Community Builders meetup
- 70 people interested / only enough space for around 40ish
- Suggestions for criteria for acceptance
- Either staff or volunteer has been actively involved in a working group since the last meetup
- Or staff or volunteer had been actively involved in a previous community builders meetup
- Community building workshops
- Benjamin Kerensa to deliver workshop in Portland office on November 8
- Emma Irwin looking to deliver workshop in Vancouver office later in November
- Does anything from discussions at Summit need to be reflected in our plans for next steps?
- Q4 goals from Systems and Data Working Group
- Find owner(s) and resources for top three community building functionality needs (David/Justin)
- Integrate Blackhole with two new sources of data (Pierros/Jdm)
- Resolve decision about software to use for matching services and volunteer management systems (Josh)
- Get Involved page
- There's an opportunity to revisit the page since it contains 15 years of Mozilla content that will be out of date early next year
- Is this an opportunity for a Pathways Working Group?