- 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern
- 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
- Welcome Rishi!
- Better supporting localizers general update (Seth, Rishi, Pascal)
- Buffet - progress and specific action plans
- Triaging bug list for new locales (update Mic/Axel)
- AMO and language packs - (WilC)
- QA news
- Other - Turkish ISP IRC blocking issues
WilC, Mic, Axel, PascalC, Rishi, TimR, Clint
Community Support/Welcome Rishi
Rishi is working with Mozilla Marketing to establish community leaders and implement community centers. Right now the countries Rishi is exploring are:
Rishi would appreciate anyone contacting him about those market to increase his knowledge and understanding.
Triaging bug list for new languages
Axel, Mic and Gerv are working on L10n:Localization_Process Documentation to introduce new Localizers to Mozilla applications. This has been significantly improved and is in the final stages of preparation before Gerv will start triaging the bug list of outstanding localization requests. Proposed deadline to complete this work is by next meeting (July 5,2007).
We switched servers this/last week and it went well. This will give us more capacity for users, yay.
Clint has been working on the Minotaur tool which will improve our ability to provide good information on branding settings like search engine, RSS, home page etc settings. His work can be tracked through bug 385987 We are waiting on some input from RobC on some of the validation mechanisms.
The localizers from Turkey are using an ISP that blocks their IRC channel. We are working to help them with a work around, possibly an SSH tunnel to enable chats.