- 9:00 AM Mountain View Time
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
- (notetaker: Seth)
Pascalc, Sethb, Axel, chofmann, clouserw
- Got through bug filing yesterday
- hr, es-MX, or, bn-BD
- others still in the queue
- 3 Goals:
- Get to a point where localizers can get testable builds quickly
- Have reliable builds for nightly testers
- Being able to tell localizers what they have to do next
- Things are still a bit influx, but we are getting much of this into RelEng hosted machines
- Decommissioned bsmedberg's machine
- Don't have highly forked repositories anymore
- Compare-locales in repository good for RelEng and L10n dashboard with process to keep the two in sync
- Got buildbot custom repositories together, no longer forked
- This code is asking Hg repos for changes
- Asking what to build
- Still working on how the builds should look and how they should report
- Ultimately, how l10n-server does builds will come over to RelEng
- Beta three localized pages
- Should have them by next week for localizers
- Snippets for nine of the ten teams targeted by Marketing
- Filed bugs on bn-BD, or, es-MX, hr
- Localizers are starting to work on web services
- Tree rules for Axel adding locales (look in .tree management for the post)
- Mob-rule and Axel is the mob :), so he will manage for right now
- What to do with shipped-locales
- AMO 5.0.3, minimal string changes
- Next release (5.0.4) is really big
- debetaing the new developer control panel, expect lots of string changes
- Gandalf, Axel, Seth met last week
- Good to get us on one page for this summer
- Seth will meet with Timr on Thursday to discuss implementing some findings
- Axel passed feedback to Seth's blog post
- Wimboo added RTL manual test cases to Litmus -- where do we place those RTL tests?
- How can we make our web story so that we can continue to take new locales?
- Is there anything we can do from the infrastructure tooling side?
- If we have an idea, what is the actual problem we have to solve? pascalc may be helpful in determining web-side of story.
- Limit for release, with limited set of pages, is somewhere around 80 locales. Web content changes more often then the product...once we get over a certain number, new/smaller locales with very small teams may be chasing something that is ever-chasing.
- Take the Getting Started page as an example...it's huge
- Consider having a second version that is slimmed down. This could be applied to other heavy-content, ever-changing web pages.
- How much do we agree on waiting for the product to be released with the pages? Or do we release?
- Axel: we should be daring on what we ask Marketing so we can grow our locale count. We need to have a constructive argument so they know how it works.
- Axel: We need to get communication out, localizer has to then think about content, hunt down on possible changes (markup vs. content)
- Can we nail down marketing to reduce the changes and way they are doing things so that localizers can get pretty slim content (possibly) on a wiki
- Reduced set of elements so we can produce a reasonable web display of that.
- What is "that" content? Goal: this is the simple thing that localizers can do.
- This will get more localizers up-to-speed and shipping.
Summary of Problems:
- redesign of websites (not just maintenance or markup)
- localizability of pages
- Is there a tool that would make things easier for localizers?
- So far, except for some localizers, not a huge complaint about editing html
- Trickiness is around design...is it localizable or not?
- Smaller languages could use a default set of websites
- Figure out a way to get better reviews of pages or better QA of pages
- Get a screen shot tool for reviews
- Anything that can help automate the QA of pages