From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous meeting | index | next week »

Meeting Details

  • 9:00 AM Mountain View Time
  • 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 206 (US/INTL)
  • irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for backchannel
  • (notetaker: Seth)


Pascalc, Sethb, Axel, clouserw, timr, stas, gandalf

Meeting Notes


  • Shipped FF 3.1 beta 3
  • Some bugs coming in
  • String freeze for FF 3.0.8 is supposed to be tomorrow, 03/19/09
    • 12 bugs with only 3 fixed on trunk. So, string freeze tomorrow will be...interesting. :)


  • Fennec l10n builds
    • In limbo, before or after we fix Firefox build issues. Should resolve Firefox before Fennec.


  • Ship T-bird and for the first time, webparts are listed on Mozilla Messaging from Mozilla.com
  • Google snippets will be finished this week for about 12 locales, but will be opened to all locales.

Web services/Product

  • New locales are in the mix, made comments when necessary, but needs to process
    • kk, hr, es-MX, en-ZA, or
  • de-beta update
    • oc, mr, bg, cy
    • cy: did massive check-in that busted Windows build, will back out and fix it. If able to do this, then we will move cy out.
    • oc: webparts is still open, still in beta.
  • Axel question: code freeze for 3.0.8 was _yesterday, build scheduled for March 30. Need to be noisy to Sam to get a working cy tree as soon as possible. Axel will write the email to Release Drivers and Stas will back out cy changes.


  • Pushed new localization strings and emailed all localizers. 300 new strings. New developer tool panel. Code freeze is April 6 and push is April 9 for AMO 5.0.4
  • April 8 release scheduled, then will likely return to old cycle, so probably April 30.


  • started building a list of l10n tools needed
    • have a list of 12 points
    • prioritizing them and then
  • Focusing on Silme release



  • Pascal needs to add locales for FF 3.5 to the web-dashboard. Pascal will probably do that his week.