- Time and location: 9am PST, conf bridge 206
- irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back channel
General Status Summary
- aurrora repo now set up
- have until 2011-05-17 to finish localizing Firefox 5 content in mozilla-aurora
- very few string changes going into firefox 5.
- about 18 locales have translation work finished for firefox 5
- about 65 more under 36 strings remain.
- en-US is doing a 'test beta' to check out beta repo infrastructure and build some aurrora channel users this week. no l10n participation is expected for these test beta builds.
- http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-aurora.html is now available to help people find aurora builds in all languages
- please help promote this and get members of all locaization teams on the aurora channel.
- sign-off tool/process planned for roll out end of this week, or early next week. details
- 2011-05-17 due date to finish localizing Firefox 5 content in mozilla-aurora
- next merge from mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora for firefox 6 is 2011-05-24
marketing projects on the horizon
- firefox 4 upgrade campaign -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=649073
- "markup" (launch May 10th, l10n start: today)
- "webifyme" (launch May 17th+, l10n start TBD, maybe this week);
- "Vertical Garden" (launch: end of May/beginning of June; l10n start: TBD)
- Mobile is moving to rapid release cycle - following desktop branching and release logic (but adding a strategic delay of a week or two for all releases).
- We need more LQA and test automation to catch issues with our mobile builds in all languages
- QA looked at "DeviceAnywhere" service last Monday
- We are working on Language Packages in AMO
- Find more info about our features and schedules at
- elmo work week
- discussions on not doing b1 with l10n
Talking points: fx5b1
- there was a week somewhere there?
- j20n format updates transferred to compiler
- Google Summer of Code mentorship progress