From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous meetingindexnext week » create?

News and Talking Points

  • status of the preparation for the Warsaw work week
  • status of the preparation for the MozCamp


   Time and location: Monday, 8 AM PST, conf bridge 206 
   irc.mozilla.org #l10n-drivers for back-channel 
   Call-in details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning#Meeting_Details
   Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Planning
   Attendees: Pike, arky, Jeff, chofmann, mathjazz

Action Items

put holiday dates here:

pascal aug 20-sept 4 milos? - probably sept 11-20, but still need to confirm. matjaz: sept 14-17 jeff - back to full time on last week in aug stas in brazil end of aug axel time off next week chofmann tues and next monday gandalf aug 23/24 poland: Aug 15 - public holiday


add [done] to items completed last week; remove previous [done] items




  • [done] updates to pyast templating language
  • [done] support for context merging in l20n.js
  • still bugs in pyast
  • working with EU Border Guard on MozCamp coming from outside of Shengen


  • [done] Finish draft of l10n slides for ReMo.
  • [done] Follow up on conversation about Get Involved inquiries with pt-BR, ES, Boswell, and Rosana.
  • [done] Push discussion about L10n sessions in Grow Mozilla sprint.
  • [done] Create L10n:Communication page.
  • [done] Update L10n:Stock_Responses to reference L10n:Contribute

  • Review all l10n pages in MDN and correct their page/paragraph/character formats.
  • Finish edit of L10n on Mercurial tutorial.
  • [researching/planning] Draft "Interpreting dashboards" doc on MDN.
  • Begin session prep for mozcamp.
  • Follow up on wiki page updates.
  • Discuss "catch-up" dates with ta, bn-BD, and follow up with Arky about vi.


  • [done] Persona: get strings ready for the new train and communicate with localizers
  • [done] Pontoon: Admin interface
  • Pontoon: document how to make a website localizable with Pontoon
  • Pontoon: bug squashing
  • Elmo: get environment up and running
  • Elmo: bug 748781


[done] Productization for all locales update - no pending questions in bugzilla [done] * Final testing of Affiliates FB app this week

    • string merge for Affiliates FB app
    • [done] Finish up news item translation
  • LSV update
  • Bedrock hacking


  • [done] Transvision 1.2, second update to the tool
  • [done] Reviewed localization of OneMozilla blog theme source code
  • [done] Newsletter center and forms on mozilla.org in Russian and Indonesian working, waiting for activation of database settings on production
  • [done] Create a contribute branch on github (because webdev team still hasn't done it) and port all the changesets needed to get that branch working
  • [done] started working with new French localizer Sam (from Friedmann) and Guillemette, a new volunteer
  • Work on Transvision 1.3 (I try to have weekly minor releases over the summer and potentially fix regressions the week after instead of big releases)
  • Get apps/partners page on production for Spanish and Portuguese by the end of the week with a workaround for the unisubs problems our webdev can't fix
  • Get the database API settings changes needed for new newsletters fixed so as that I can push Russian and Indonesian live
  • Wednesday is bank holiday in France, I will probably take Thursday and Friday off as I have a lot of PTO to use


  • Fennec 16
    • Erin to get string freeze for 16 next
    • expose progress towards that in public
  • beta uplift for Acholi
  • [done] wrap up some elmo patches (releng shipping flow)
  • l10n qa for fennec, follow up actions: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/qa-l10n-meeting
  • Aisle
    • still not sure how c9 works wrt extensions
  • [done] Fennec shipping discussion with Asa, mfinkle, blassey, Karen, chofmann
    • evaluate shipping all-android-locales build with just native and browser strings
      • [done] prototype build up, just 1M larger than plain en-US build
      • loads of technical details TBD
    • needs feedback and confirmation still
    • if this works, we'll need to talk about those locales not on android


  • [done] updated the meeting archives for the past 3 weeks
  • [done] wrote 240+ testcases for the l20n compiler (95% testing coverage)
  • [done] fixed many bugs in compiler which I discovered with the testcases
  • [done] proof-of-concept build of Gaia with L20n enabled: https://github.com/stasm/gaia/tree/l20n (how to run: git clone https://github.com/stasm/gaia, git checkout -b l20n origin/l20n, DEBUG=1 make profile, [firefox|b2g] -profile profile/)
  • finish the documentation for the compiler
  • work on the httpd.js module for Gaia l10n testing, which looks for l10n files in different locations than the default
  • l20n: work on language negotiation