The purpose of this wiki is to provide a reference for manually testing Hello Firefox (Loop) from both client & server side. This document is not intended to be exhaustive, but more a 'how-to' reference of test tools, stack check, end-2-end (e2e) testing, etc.
- Everything documented here is in the process of being automated.
- This content needs further consolidation, but placing existing wiki content here for now...
- For test strategy, please refer instead to: Loop/QA
Testing can be divided roughly into 4 categories:
Stack check serves as a kind of 'kick-the-tires', server-side test to verify that a service is up-and-running, where we expect it to be, with the right configuration, URLs, etc. i.e. verifying everything we can short of doing a load or e2e test.
- verify that the correct release has been deployed
- verify that basic services are up-and-running
How-to ---> Loop/Test/Stack Check
End-2-end (ore: "e2e") tests serve as a kind of comprehensive, client-side 'smoke test' using a service-enabled product to verify proper basic function from the user's perspective. By performing the same actions a user would, you can also ensure that the client is correctly consuming all backend services.
End-2-end tests can also be used as a kind of sanity test for both STAGE and PRODUCTION service deployments. This kind of testing may require some configuration changes to 'point' the client application to either the STAGE or PRODUCTION service, but (in general), the test methodology would remain the same.
verify that service can handle adequate load/traffic
- verify that the service is robust (won't crash under load)
- verify that the service can scale (load-balancing, etc.)
How-to ---> Loop/Test/Loadtesting
- verify functionality of all client-side features (not covered in this wiki)
These may be out-of-date
- Loop MVP Features: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlJmiyFngeSwdGJEVnItQ2NVbGx6NXdjbVBUYmIxSGc#gid=0
- settings: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Services/LoopTestEnvironments#Loop_Mock_Server_Stage_Details
- Puppet Config: https://github.com/mozilla-services/puppet-config
- Cloud Formation: https://github.com/mozilla-services/svcops
- Other Products
- Product: Loop
- Component: General/Client/Server
- Client Software
- Product: Mozilla Services
- Component: MobileID