- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2013-09-16
Topics for This Week
- New Home Page
- The new Home page redesign landed on Nightly this morning. We repsun the Nightly, so people will start getting it today. Lucas blogged about the work.
- Restyled Error Pages
- Wes landed fancy new error pages and fixed a few bugs along the way.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- nickecarlo fixed bug 892942 - Remove www., m. and mobile. from URLs in Reader Mode
- capella has been working on lots of text selection bugs - bug 903316, bug 906499, bug 895463, bug 864589, bug 907271, bug 864582
- Federico Paolinelli's patch to auto-linkify phone numbers in web pages landed, preffed off bug 566225. Testing welcome (change browser.ui.linkify.phone in about:config)!
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week
- Landed patch for bug 901962 (to make things outside the CSS viewport clickable)
- Fixed bug 898877 (prevent getting stuck without dynamic toolbar on Fennec)
- Fixed bug 906109 (make APZC realize when touch points are lifted unexpectedly)
- Fixed bug 907372 (fix incorrect comment in FrameMetrics.h)
- Fixed bug 898443 (focus model for multi-APZC)
- Did some investigation on bug 906747 (AWSY regression from some addon manager patches)
- Coming up:
- Bug 906427 (disallow pinch-zooming for subframes)
- Bug 885023 (change representation of user zoom in FrameMetrics) so I can fix bug 899100 (make mCompositionBounds consistent) so I can fix bug 907754 (narrow iframes render incorrectly in the B2G browser)
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- bug 897924 - Disabled contacts tests on Android 2.2 due to intermittent test failures
- Enabled on Android 4.0+ to avoid regressions
- bug 880118 - Package GeckoView into an Android library project
- Patches being reviewed
- Landing soon?
- GeckoView documentation
- Intern presentation
- Going back to school :( Thanks everyone!
- Past week
- Investigated bug 903011 - Firefox still seems to be unresponsive occasionally when starting with the profiler
- Added support for symbols when debugging Nightly/Aurora in JimDB
- Worked on bug 906506 - cant write danish letters in the new version?
- Worked on bug 901085 - Test for UserAgentOverrides.jsm (bug 782453)
- Looked into bug 905343 - Send device model with UA update query (but WONTFIX for now)
- Looked at security bug
- UA override reviews
- Last week:
- Next week:
- Resolved remaining issues with, and landed, bug 895905 - "Contents needs to inform APZC about scroll events on B2G".
- Landed bug 898580 - "Contents needs to inform APZC about scroll events on Metro" in m-i.
- Posted patch with Gaia changes for bug 860812 - "[Browser] Make hiding address bar work more like Fennec Nightly".
- Began working on bug 898478 - "Provide some seamless scrolling mechanism in multi-APZC for B2G dynamic toolbar work", one of the platform dependencies of bug 860812. Posted the first of a series of several patches.
- Bug 904741 - Change session restore pref to have *two* states
- Bug 905371 - Remove session restore prefs from Fx25
- Patch in Bug 888482 - init gecko sooner
- Updated session restore tests to run again; now fixing remaining intermittents
- bug 862801 - About:home snippets.
- bug 905328 - Remove url bar shadows.
- bug 906822 - History page on tablets should show dividers.
- Discussions with Romain Guy and experimenting with FadedTextView.
- Blogged about Prompt.jsm http://digdug2k.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/prompt-jsm-in-fennec/
- Wrote an addon to demo it too: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/readerplus/
- Also wrote an error console addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/console/
- Landed Federico's linkify telephone numbers stuff preffed off: Bug 566225. Flip browser.ui.linkify.phone if you want to test.
- Bug 840989 - favicon doesn't refresh with connectivity after no connectivity
- Bug 885717 – The bookmark toast notification appears every time you tap on the screen
Some back and forth on:
- 889620 – ]FIG] Transition for creating a new tab from the tab tray
- Bug 904245 - Lag when drawing with the S-Pen on a canvas (Galaxy Note)
- Bug 901426 - Web Apps can not be opened from Firefox for Android notification and crashes Firefox
- Bug 900234: Force reader to always be the left most icon in page actions
- Bug 882322: Find in page bar does not change selection color when set to private mode
- Bug 907592: Lazy load View Pager when it's not shown on startup
- Bug 894887: Investigate using a symlinked profile folder instead of using profiles.ini
- Bug 886925: initial INIParser.parse to find default profile name at startup takes 75ms on a galaxy nexus
- Bug 899376: PageAction for helper apps
- Figuring out what to present next week
- Bug 906952: [meta] Investigate using ViewStubs to speed startup.
- Wrapping up bugs
- Landed fig to m-c (and the all associated pain)
- Blogged about new UI: http://lucasr.org/?p=3842
- Started a little research on a possible new UI testing API
- Gradually land all ported tests in fig
- More about:home hacking
- Fig testing
- bug 903535 - wifi/cell tower
- bug 900564 - double tap to reflow
- bug 906339 - beta robocop
- Next - bug 852608 - open search
- bug 906718 - Pressing BACK should move the user up in the bookmark folder hierarchy
- bug 885084 - Only return top bookmarks for bookmarks page thumbnails
- bug 897772 - Get a favicon when creating a homescreen shortcut from the about:home context menu
- bug 907172 - Desktop bookmarks aren't displayed after syncing until app restarts
- Prototyping about:home add-on customization APIs - bug 848242 and bug 905262
- More fig follow-ups and about:home customization work
- FYI: Reading group discussion on Friday, everyone welcome - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Reading_Group#Current_Reading
- This week
Same as last week - make things less broken and more awesome. (And ostensibly more concise.)
- bug 904122: [fig] Scrolling on search suggestions page does not dismiss the keyboard
- Prepping for Sync protocol upgrade path.
- Android crypto work.
- Misc PiCL.
- SF chats with everyone.
- The usual reviews etc.
First steps on the next-gen Sync path:
- bug tree at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=799726&hide_resolved=1
- patches up for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=808813 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=906884
- progress towards https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=899217
- PTO Monday and Friday
- WIP patch for tab sharing bug 742832
- actually, finally, landed bug 880259, Firefox should use GeckoView
- Got a simple tab mirroring patch working
- Prepping FxMetro for preview release
- Manager stuff
- Omg so many awesome things landing <3
- New Awesomescreen in Nightly!!! \o/
- Keeping an eye on feedback
- Planning some light usability testing now that we're more stable
- Going through UI with a fine tooth comb
- Doing a final UX pass on Guest browsing to make sure we're good to ship
- Research on Kinderfox work
- Research on FirstRun work
- Working with Arun, getting some mobile PDF.js designs going
- Are we good with a 'WIP' section to indicate work happening but not committed to a release for things like GeckoView and game console stuff (this is different from 'On Deck')
- On Deck, should I migrate anything to Fx26? https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap#On_deck
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Romanian (ro-RO)
- [ON TRACK] About:home redesign
- [ON TRACK] search provider management in settings menu
- [AT RISK] Add-ons can add content to the "promotional banner" tile <== this will flip to 'on track' once the wip patches land and we have some testing
- [AT RISK] Addition of search engines - Yahoo and Bing for selected locales
- [AT RISK] API: Third-party Cloud storage
- [AT RISK] API: Gamepad
- [AT RISK] API: Bluetooth
- [AT RISK] API: Push notifications
- [AT RISK] AMO discoverability
- [AT RISK] Marketplace discoverability
- [AT RISK] Second screen support (initial experimental work)
- [PROPOSED] Accelerated 2D canvas (platform) <== need meta bug
- [PROPOSED] Async subframe scrolling (platform) <=== need meta bug
- [PLANNED] API: Web Audio
- [ON TRACK] Settings UI clean-up excluding search provider management
- [ON TRACK] Guest browsing
- [ON TRACK] Page Actions
- [ON TRACK] SkiaGL improvement
- [ON TRACK] Mixed content
- [ON TRACK] API: Contacts
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Ukrainian (ua-UK)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Irish (ga-IE)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: South African English (za-EN)
- [ON TRACK] Setting wallpaper bug 886996
- [ON TRACK] Developer Tools: Remote Debugging
- [AT RISK] WebRTC platform support, preffed ON
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Swedish, sv-SE
- [ON TRACK] Reader improvements
- [ON TRACK] NFC bump for tab sharing
- [ON TRACK] Gecko Webview phase 1
- [ON TRACK] Packaged apps foundations, but not exposed until the WebApp Experience has landed
- [ON TRACK] Quickshare
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Icon rebrand
- [ON TRACK] Change default search engine for zh-CN
- [ON TRACK] Add-on definition in distribution files
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: British English, en-GB
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Catalan, ca-ES
- [PROPOSED] Firefox for readers
jchen - mobile presence at the summit?
- bug 906030 - Guest Mode broken since the 14th - Brian?
- We're planning an about:home on Nightly test-day for the 30th
about:home prioritization, triage and nominating- Thanks Lucas (see mobile-firefox-dev email)
- Moz China deployed firefox 23 to Tstore. working with their team so they have proper deployment process.
- bug 897162 - new about home feels slower to startup on slow devices
SUMO Team workweek in Paris next week, so no updates via meeting.