- AT:alice/robcee:DONE will continue historical runs back to branch date of 12aug2005.
- AI:alice Patch out for review to write script to copy files after build (for Vlad-Tp)
- AI:joduinn In Progress meet with robee, rhelmer, zach, alice to figure out buildbot slave-in-talos issues.
- AI:justin still open stats change to track AUS usage by osversion. bug 382044.
- AI:rob arnold still open proxy-server work bug 389703
- AI:damon:DONE Perf keyword + blocking1.9 how are we tracking perf bugs?
- AI:vald help ensure Talos Linux Ref Platform is reasonable
- AI:schrep build vista ref platform: Started here: http://wiki.mozilla.org/ReferencePlatforms/Test/Vista but needs help.
- AI:vlad Give Jan non-cairo build to alice for testing
- AI:schrep talk to linux vendors about native theme painting performance
- Talos status update? http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/MozillaTest/
- Mac Port status?
- New Vlad Tp test status?
- Plan: we will do a) new machines; b) new pageloader; c) old (300-page alexa) pageset
Gecko: Perf discussion
- Perfathon update
- vlad has data, wants to provide Mac data, but is blocking on cairo (because otherwise the topmost stuff by far is random cairo rendering that's fixed)
- probe update
- module owners should let stan know if they have any situations that they'd like to analyze, so that he has more information about how to structure the probe work.
- Discuss talos cpu usage metric
- cpu usage numbers... discussion on how cpu usage being calculated.
- going to ignore those numbers for now, no humans looking at them.
- qm-pmac04 setup as a buildbot slave as per the mac test ref platform, but not yet hooked up to the master.
- Areas where help is needed
- expand the scope of performance testing beyond Ts/Tp/TXUL/TDHMTL
- reduce noise in tests
- reduce to ~1% (suggested by bz, not started)
- some hardware for large-sample-set-Tp-100times-per-page
- havent had time for buildbot integration, not needed.
- improve performance reporting and analyses:
- Better reports for sheriffs to easily spot perf regressions
- Tracking down specific performance issues
- Priorities for infra:
- Generate historical baselines
- General profile data regularly on builds
- Getting the perf numbers more stable
- Developing the graph server to display time spent in each module
- jrpof tinderbox
- synthetic tests (TODO)
- put specific tests into talos framework
- poach mochitest performance tests
- individual reftest-like items
- need to get a bunch of people looking at profiles (TODO)
- take up some of these meetings to sit down and look at profiles
- timer-based profiling is better (vtune/jprof/oprofile/etc., not quantify)
- TODO: vlad to generate profile for next week's meeting
- running without Fx chrome
- new pageloader stuff can do this
- examining default theme for performance issues
- Tp vs. Tp2
- new pageloader stuff avoids this problem
- Tp2 was flawed in some ways -- one big one is that it loaded pages in an iframe, so initial paint delay was never coming into play, and we were potentially reflowing more thannecessary