Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 3.6.4 build #4 was built last week and went to existing 3.6.4 beta users on Friday
- We are releasing Firefox 3.6.4 build #4 to the rest of the beta audience today, though we know it isn't final
- As per the schedule (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6.4#Current_Schedule), we will build Firefox 3.6.4 build #5 on Thursday
- Already have 3 or more fixes for build #5
- Firefox 3.5.10 still has no known issues
- 2 bugs need landing
- 6 open blockers, 2 of which have fixes
- Thanks to those that helped investigate blockers last week and are digging into these new issues!
- No open blockers
Browser / Front End
Planet Firefox loves you!
- Prototype version of the inspector landed
- Blair has a WIP patch up for app tabs (emphasis on the WIP) bug 563730
- Jetpack 0.4 is preparing to blow your mind
- Need help with bug 543910 - improve OS theme detection capabilities
- Need help with drawing in the title bar and Aero Glass, bug 513162
- We are probably going to be forcing on ClearType on Windows XP. See bug 504698.
Hardware Acceleration Update
- Produced patches to improve GL-accelerated fullscreen rendering; near-optimal now [roc]
- D3D9-layers progress [jrmuizel, bas]
- Some (painful) progress towards getting GL layers working on Linux [mattwoodrow]
- Video team mostly met Q2 goals
- patch up for SVG images in CSS/HTML [dholbert]
- Zooming working with chrome/content integrated rendering (refactored GetOffsetTo) apart from some view issues, and scrolling [tn]
- landed parts of calc(), but not yet the most interesting parts [dbaron]
- Added a way for consumers to know when windows go away bug 484710 (bz)
- e10s MessageManager now on mozilla-central (smaug)
- Lots of progress on HTML5 Forms (mounir)
- IndexedDB implementation and spec getting lots of attention (sdwilsh, bent, sicking)
Platform-specific Support Update
- BenWa got plugins running on the main thread in bug 528146. This makes full-screen Flash, QuickTime and Java2 work on OS X, as well as fixing some problems on other platforms!
- Necko continues to make progress. Progress notifications landed, POSTs coming soon. Basic mochitests appear to work.
- No updates
Two bugs make fuzzing difficult on Linux. One is in Breakpad and one is in nsProfileLock.
- bug 564632 Breakpad's LinuxDumper::ElfFileIdentifierForMapping tries to open sound device and hangs
- bug 566208 Dying Firefox processes sometimes get stuck [@ free | nsProfileLock::Unlock]
- Fedora unit tests
- "hello Zarro perma-oranges!"
- there are intermittent oranges -- all filed
- thanks on blog post but special mention to:
- ehsan - for showing me the way and teaching me how to use the dark force
- philor - for being my extra pair of eyes and personal support/critics buddy :)
- dholbert - for fixing his tests and using the Fedora machines rather than expecting me to do the testing
- zwol and mak - for kicking-ass and constantly fixing bugs
- disable unit tests on CentOS build machines
- enable unit tests on project branches
- run unit tests for try builds on Fedora Rev3 machines
- Windows Unit tests
- d2d reftests nearly working in staging
- New set of minis up and running.
- We now have a total of 50 each of OSX 10.5, OSX 10.6, Win XP, Win7, Fedora 32bit, Fedora 64bit.
- 10.5minis all have dongle and resistors installed
- Win7-64bit coming
- TryServer transition continues bug 561440
- 50% of machines being reimaged for new setup
- "old" TryServer is running with only 50% machines, so be patient!
- SUMO overview (beltzner)
- Firefox 4 Beta Planning (beltzner)
- overview of beta program
- confirmation of beta content
- getting to a branching plan
- tracking against milestones
- FX 4.0 test planning (juanb)
- Has your major feature landed? Account Manager, GFX acceleration, form manager re-write, tab candy, .... Will it land by beta 1? Will it make 4.0?
- Fx-team, labs, platform team, please send me an email with that information juanb
- Will send email after meeting.