From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes May-30-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • Softvision has a public holiday on Monday, June 4th
  • Rbillings OOO [but working remotely] 6/13-7/4

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Final sign-off meeting was today
    • Firefox 13 is in final Beta, RC going to build at the end of the week (test plan)
    • We are trying to get feedback on two Firefox 13 regressions:
      • bug 756289 Netflix video errors "you are viewing from more than one tab"
      • bug 757262 Youtube keeps playing audio after closing
    • Please dogfood the Beta and comment in the bug if you reproduce either
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.5esr is going to build later this week (test plan)
  • Stability (marcia)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Continued support for desktop web runtime
      • AITC Desktop is about to land - test plan still being built
      • Continued mobile web compat analysis on top brazil sites
    • What's next?
      • AITC Desktop testing
      • Desktop web runtime testing
      • MozTrap test cases being written
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Fennec: Testday June 8th, beta 4 coming this week, tracking down device specific issues
    • B2G: daily builds generated, weekly build qualified. API work landing June 1st, automating webAPI tests against the system.
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • see stability report and mobile meeting for details
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • john working with daily builds
    • 27 new testcases added for dialer (not accounting for parallel work on TF side)
    • geo vetting web apis and adding tests
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Pancake Work Week - Week of June 11th
    • Going more towards Agile development; weekly release
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • Continued support to Dev and OPs for various deployments
    • Working with Ryan on AITC 1.1 in Stage
      • Tracking this work for push to Production (part of BaseCamp)
    • Working with Ryan and Robert on Sync 1.1 plus MetLog support for Stage/Production
      • Bug 758482 - [meta] build and deploy a metlog-enabled sync1.1 server
    • Working through some docs for AITC and TokenServer
    • Test planning for HSM (part of BaseCamp)
      • Bug 756664 - Metabug for HSM/signing service transition
    • Tracking AITC client side for BaseCamp
      • Bug 757261 - Implement AITC manager and service
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Testing Train 28 : Bug 758840 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.05.25 to production
    • Test prep for BigTent deployment to Stage environment (part of BaseCamp)
    • Test planning continues for the following: Updated API, UI flow, RP, Keywrapping, Persona Beta
      • Some of this work will go towards BaseCamp
    • Consulting for the following projects: VinzClortho (BID support in, KPI (UX metrics)
    • BID Automation:
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • None at this time
  • Hiring and Training
    • Screening and interviewing is in progress...

Web (Stephen)

Community (Marcia)

  • Agenda for today's Community meeting
  • Upcoming Events
  • Testdays (ashughes)
    • Firefox 14 Aurora Features (Friday, June 1st)
    • There is a new public Google calendar to track events planning (ie. events not ready for QMO posting); please email ashughes if you want access to edit the calendar
  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • scheduled push this Friday for fixes to QMO. dev bug
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • Workweek last week was absolutely successful in getting nearly all mozmill 2.0 blockers fixed
  • Good feedback on mozdownload script (already 160 downloads). We want to integrate it into mozregression at some point
  • Upcoming release of mozinstall with an uninstaller included


  • Automation Scripts
    • Currently moving a couple of Python modules to mozbase or rearranging for our Mozmill 2.0 support (see github repo)
  • Mozmill CI
    • We have disabled tests for localized builds of Firefox for the time being due to update bug 759687 and some instable en-US results - we will re-enable one locale once we are green
  • Mozmill Tests
    • Still at a very low failure rate
    • Fixed regressions in update tests caused by background updates - also found bug 759390 which keeps Firefox hanging during update
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Dave Hunt will give feedback on the Automation Results Connector / API when he gets a chance.
  • Rbillings still waiting on code reviews of her Selenium test pull requests
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp & Kilimanjaro Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Basecamp Discussion Items
    • Ownership of Basecamp Items
    • We have ready to use; I'll send out email to the group later today (stephend)
    • I've also tried to schedule the resurrected K90/basecamp meeting among QA; will have to work out the scheduling conflicts (stephend)
    • Github vs. Bugzilla Problem - Any traction?
    • Test Strategy Sprint - Should we set it up now?
    • Strategy for Tracking Product Integration Bugs
  • k9o Discussion Items
    • Any updates on what QA should do for the newnewtab project?

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes and Action Items
    • Action Item: How groups are using Github and find out why - By next meeting filter through your manager and tell Bob what is going as to why Github? [team]
    • Action Item: Create a postcard template generic to the QA organization and circulate to team - can be team specific [marcia]
    • Action Item: Find an owner for [stephend]

Last Meeting

  • Action Items