From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jun-13-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • Interview for possible Director of Test tomorrow
    • Phone screen for possible Director of Test this evening
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • item

Travel / PTO

  • rbillings working remotely from France until 6/19 [in transit 6/13], OOO up to 7/3
  • ashughes on PTO this Monday June 18
  • marcia traveling to Italy June 19-20. In Ancona June 21, 22 and 23rd for Working remotely some of the following week. Back in MV on July 2.
  • Tony in barcelona for B2G workweek June 25-29
  • Juanb in Texas a couple of days around July 4th
  • camd PTO June 25-29

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • 13.0.1 going to build later today to patch some issues related to some third-party releases which happened after Firefox 13 was released. Planning to release by tomorrow.
    • Fx14.0b7 shipping Friday or earlier
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • no update this week
  • Stability (marcia)
    • Stability Work Week ongoing. Lots of good discussions.
    • bug 763237 Explosive Flash crash that appeared over the weekend
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • no update this week
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • No desktop Sync client trains recently
    • open issue: bug 763252 - Firefox Sync lead to memory leaks
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Chugging through supporting testing of web runtime on desktop - only a few blockers left
      • AITC Desktop 1st Test Pass done, blockers known
      • Mobile web compat - Instagram now giving us the right site
    • What's next?
      • Continued support for AITC Desktop testing support and WebRT on Desktop
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
    • spinning beta 7 today, kevin to give an update
    • b2g phones arrived, qa has 8. see me if you're on the project
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Created interactive exercise for Screen Orientation API
    • Ongoing meetings w/ WebAPI drivers (jsicking, overholt) to get QA helping fill in missing CI automation
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Work Week this week
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • Sync 1.1 functional testing is in progress
    • Sync 1.1 support for MetLog - testing continues in Dev/Stage
    • AITC 1.1 + MetLog support
    • HSM Dev/OPs/QA planning meeting this week
    • Sync 1.1, AITC 1.1 bug verification planned for this week and next
    • AITC/TS deploy to Prod still planned
      • Debug/Issue resolution still happening in Stage
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Nothing new to report this week
  • Hiring and Training
    • Referrals, reviews, planning, and screening continue

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • No updates
  • AMO
    • D2C for API search went live on 06/04
  • BrowserID
    • "Fixed" tests on by merging master -> prod branch in GitHub
  • Engagement Projects
    • pushed 2.9 milestone
  • Mozillians
    • 2012-06-13 release today or tomorrow
    • release currently blocked by bug 761263 - Add search and more information to UserProfile and Groups admin panes
  • MDN
    • no production push this week. Focus on testing dev and
  • Socorro
    • Stability workweek in Mountain View - agenda
    • No release this week
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
    • Grace Hopper Open Source Day
      • Hack Day would be a good opportunity for us to get some tech involvement from very large audience of tech savvy females.
    • MozCamp EU Nominations
      • Katherine has sent out a email to the stewards asking for nominations. Please coordinate nominations through me/Juan/Anthony/Naoki as we have access to the spreadsheet.
      • MozCamps will touch on several areas within the Mozilla project but will maintain a focus on our organizational goals of Desktop, Fennec, and B2G
      • Deadline for nominations is June 27th
  • Testdays (ashughes)
    • Thursday, June 14: Thunderbird testday
    • Friday, June 15: Unconfirmed Firefox Bugs testday
    • Friday, June 22: Desktop Web Apps testday (tentative)
    • Friday, June 29: Firefox 15 Aurora Features testday
    • Reminder, please email ashughes if you want edit access to the Event Planning Calendar
  • Ongoing project
    • Awaiting text from various teams to make the Postcard that we will be able to use at conferences and events.
  • Video Work
    • No update this week
  • (Raymond):
    • Craig is aware of the bugs that have been filed recently and we will schedule a push once he lands fixes for the them
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • klrmn community member spotlight post on QMO

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)



  • Mozmill 2
    • Lots of ongoing work
  • Mozmill Tests
    • Still at 0 failures (some oranges)
    • Getting more tests re-enabled
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Automation API feature almost complete
    • Working, but finishing up unit tests for it.
  • Please fill out the MozTrap satisfaction survey
  • will update 1.0 on production with a fix for case links.
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp & Kilimanjaro Roundtable/Discussion Items

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Priorities and work items
  • [camd] discuss MozTrap best practices and standardization. Let's pick a meeting time to discuss this. Who wants to attend?
  • Q2 Goal Check in [marcia]
  • Add triage task (bug query list) to irc channel summary [tracy]
    • run triage sessions in irc channels as well as over dialing/vidyo
      • for #testday should be related to that weeks topic
      • for other channels it should rotate based on what's hot
  • QA Contribute Mailing List - Proposal Take 2 - One Idea? [jsmith]
    • Another take at an email here
    • Modify qa-noreply alias to be qa-contribute email alias that is a mailing list for staff and core contributors to join - see here
    • What level of manual management should we continue to consider?
  • Outbound communication of IT outages
    • Many Mozilla services were down on Sunday but there wasn't any email explaining what happened.
  • Action Item followup from last meeting: Action Item: Find an owner for [stephend]

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes/Action Items
    • Action Item: If you miss an goal, please include how much of the work you got done [all]
    • Email camd if you are interested in MozTrap best practices
    • bug 763293 - bmoss will follow up
    • Action Item: Set up a kickoff meeting re: newnewtab [stephend]
    • Action Item: Craft a blog post about MozTrap - should be reannouncing MozTrap, how you get involved, videos [camd]

Last Meeting

  • Action Items