From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jun-20-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
    • item
  • Upcoming Events/Conferences
    • Tony B2G workweek in barcelona: 6/25- 6/29

Travel / PTO

  • [camd] PTO from June 25 through 29th (all next week)
  • Tony PTO: 7/10-7/13
  • Juanb PTO: This Friday
  • Juanb PTO: A couple of days around July 4th.
  • Tracy PTO the week around July 4th
  • Matt B PTO June 26th & 27th

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • 13.0.1 released this past week to address several issues. Some third-party issues remain to be fixed externally.
    • Aurora tracking qawanted/fixed bugs and features onward to Beta merge in 4 weeks
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • Tracking qawanted/fixed bugs onward to 10.0.6 release in 4 weeks
  • Stability (marcia)
    • nhirata/juanb filling in for marcia this week
    • Major topic is the flash crash and hang still
    • asked for the major aurora crash (bug 760118, bug 758415, bug 757003) that has been fixed to be pushed to aurora.
    • last week was work week; some potentially good things to come
    • See Stability report from Platform meeting for further details
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • Nothing new to report this week
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • no recent client trains
  • App WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Chromeless WebRT for Android has landed - testing has begun on it
      • Desktop Web Runtime - Continuous qawanted and verification support
    • What's next?
      • Initial test pass for Chromeless WebRT for Android
      • Testing support as needed for Desktop WebRT and AITC Desktop
  • Community Work

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • last week was work week; some potentially good things to come
      • crashes per adu for 14b7 is below 5... reached target!
      • see Stability report and Mobile Dev Standup for more details
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • Met with overholt (WebAPI dev manager) and prioritized APIs for testing. APIs are in priority order on the test plan.
    • Have more QA members joining project to help write WebAPI automation. Pivotal Tracker created for coordination/estimation here (note that all areas currently estimated at half a week, will break down and dial in estimates as areas are planned).
    • landing "litmus" testcases for Browser, Calendar, camera, dialer, email, activesync, settings
    • priotized feature dashboard for latest milestone, and added who's who
    • Screen Orientation Mochitests submitted (and r+'d) to bug 760735
    • Currently planning SMS API testing.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • last week was work week
    • Spoke with Stephen D. asking for help in terms of support for Pancake Automation since they have things set up; just need to get test cases in their frame work
    • intro'ed 2 Pancake team members to webqa repository
    • Pancake team planning to release internally in a few weeks.
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • Pavel from Appthwack found a crasher bug for us! bug 766425

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • In progress:
    • Sync 1.1, Sync 1.1+MetLog
    • Sync 2.0
    • AITC/TS roll-out to Production
    • HSM/Signing Service
    • Various other projects to support QA team, OPs, Dev
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Train 29: Bug 763105 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.06.08 to production
      • This train was derailed in order for QA and OPs to spend more time on the new "router" service
    • Prep work continues for BigTent deployment to BT Stage
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • None at this time
  • Hiring and Training
    • onsite interviews this Friday (finally!)

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Production briefly went down on Monday - automation flagged the failure and notified us
    • Release tomorrow - mbrandt covering for rshetty while he is on holiday
  • AMO/Marketplace
  • BrowserID
  • Engagement Projects
    • Social Sharing Widget - currently being reviewed by QA - bug 745958. On target for a 2012-06-29 release.
    • working on pages for Fennec release next week
  • Mozillians
    • 2012-06-20 release being targeted for tomorrow, 2012-06-21.
    • delays due to a mixture of dev ability and unstable dev/staging envs
  • MDN
  • PFS
  • Socorro
    • Milestone 13 on target for a 2012-06-20 release.
    • This week's release has been delayed due to unstable dev/staging envs
  • SUMO
    • Continuous Deployment; smooth sailing
  • Community Members Onboarding

Community (ashughes)

  • Upcoming Events
    • Marcia is out this week at the Italian Free Software Conference
    • MozCamp EU non-paid contributor attendee nominations are due Friday, send them to Katherine Naszradi
  • Testdays (ashughes)
    • Friday June 22nd: Firefox 15 Aurora -- please find some time to help, sign up as a moderator
    • Friday June 29th: Desktop and Android Web Apps with Marketplace
    • Friday July 6th: Javascript Debugger in Firefox 15
  • Video Work
  • (Raymond):
    • No push scheduled. Craig has been busy with the Fennec release work
  • Community Members Onboarding
  • Misc
    • Communication at Mozilla: Please take time to fill out this survey
    • Mozilla Gear: Katherine Naszradi needs team non-paid contributor headcount by Friday, add to this etherpad
    • Fort Lewis College students - mbrandt having dinner with them tonight - will get impressions of there experience when they were contributing on projects. Blog post to come.

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • Released Mozmill 1.5.13 which let us re-enable a couple of tests because of a regression in JSBridge introduced in 1.5.11.
  • Definition of Q3 goals which would include automation training sessions:
    • Everyone in QA should have automation skills
    • We want to start training QA people working as QA feature owners on K9o projects
    • We would offer vidyo sessions once a week to solve problems and discuss open questions
    • What do you think about? Can we make that a goal for QA and Automation Development?


  • Mozmill 2.0
    • Lots of fixes for regressions in the last couple of days
    • In the next two weeks we are concentrating our work on the Python API to be able to have clean automation scripts
  • Mozmill CI
    • We are working on getting the ESX cluster setup for Mozmill testruns (daily builds, releases, and l10n tests)
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Held the first in what may be a series of "Best Practices" meetings for MozTrap
    • Team owners will audit their tags to be sure that duplicates are removed / replaced
    • Cam will propose some example test descriptions for cases
  • Carl will help a bit on finalizing the tests for the automation api feature (Q2 goal)
  • Q3 goals still on the table in the A-Team priorities list
  • Draft of "Introducing MozTrap" blog post
  • Show and tell for MozTrap will happen in the beginning of Q3
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp & Kilimanjaro Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Basecamp Discussion Items
    • Information overload! (tchung)
      • Getting started (stakeholders, meetings, mailing lists, documentation, contacts, etc..) I'll build a wiki page for this.
    • How do people stay up to speed?
    • TEF Demo for July 5th
  • Distributing out B2G features for QA ownership - How should we allocate resources?
  • Team Activity

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • ashughes
    • FYI, QA Contact field migration was successful on staging (bug 684088) -- Byron Jones is working with IT to finalize a push to production and publicizing the change within the next two weeks
  • tracy
    • continue doing open triage sessions in irc.

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


Last Meeting

  • Action Items