From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jun-27-2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

Travel / PTO

  • marcia PTO 6/28 - 6/29
  • ashughes 6/29 - 7/2
  • kbrosnan 7/23 - 7/29 - Blackhat/Defcon
  • juanb 6/30 - july 5 (mon/tue PTO but available for release/emergency stuff)
  • davehunt 6/29 - 7/2
  • tracy 6/30 - 7/8

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Started doing weekly public triage meetings -- Tues @ 9am, Fri @ 1pm
    • Fx14: beta 10 expected this week.
    • Fx14: Go for builds for next week not expected until Wed.
    • Weekend chemspill 13.0.2 (on hold) and 14.0b9 (released) to improve uptake of Flash auto-updates (prevents OS restart requirement and franken-plugins)
      • Firefox 13.0.2 is on hold while we continue to investigate Flash crashes
      • Firefox Nightly, Aurora, and Beta released with the fix
      • Please report any plug-in issues to Juan, Marcia, or Anthony
    • Pushing out a 12.0 -> 13.0.1 partial update to help with uptake
    • ashughes taking ownership of SocialAPI QA -- scoped for Firefox 16
  • ESR (ashughes)
    • Continuing to track & verify bugs toward release in 3 weeks
  • Stability (marcia)
    • Stability Report
    • Adobe shipped a new version of Flash and we are rolling up bugs related to that version. The large crash spike with the earlier version seems to have diminished, but there is still an overall feeling it may be just as crash as the previous version.
    • bsmedberg is sending detailed updates regarding flash to, so you can join that list if you want to follow what is going on.
  • Automation (ashughes)
    • [FIXED] CouchDB instance for results reporting is down (bug 769004)
    • Working on a policy to incorporate automation into our post-mortem strategy
  • Sync Client (Tracy)
    • Client train rolled to M-C with Receive Tab enabled
  • App WebRT (Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • First test pass complete on Android Web Apps - Initial set of bugs logged
      • Continued QA support for Desktop Web Runtime and AITC Desktop
      • Community outreach strategy for mobile web evangelism built
    • What's next?
      • Community outreach tasks - Build Testing Doc
      • Continued QA support for Desktop Web Runtime, Android Web Runtime, and AITC Desktop
      • Planning a live test day for mobile web compatibility
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Mobile (Tony)

  • Issues
    • B2G Workweek (tony) - preparing a working demo for TF CEO, sorting out common test strategy and reporting with TF, collaborating with dev on feature bugs and fixes
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Stability (nhirata)
      • 4,520 crashes out of 123,925 crashes... 3.65% for the first day!
      • See the stability report from platform and soccoro report from mobile meeting
      • Tracking Sync on mobile bug 768102 - Sync account lost on device restart or upgrade if Firefox is on the SD card
        • Basically, Android doesn't support installing Apps that define long-lived Services and/or own Account types onto the SD card.
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • (john)25 new OEM phones arrived (with another 175 on the way); tooling up for another appsboot & flashing lot
    • (john)Vetting daily build with emphasis on closing verified
    • Screen Orientation tests landed in mozilla-central (\o/)
    • Working on WebSMS automation. Expect a patch submitted this week.
    • Hopefully will have two people working on WebAPI as of next week. If you're interested in writing mochitests and Marionette tests for Mozilla WebAPIs, contact Geo.
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Trying to ship in 10th of July; getting prepped up to put app in the apple store
    • messaging will include "browser in the cloud"
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Services (jbonacci)

  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm): Sync Server
    • AITC and TokenServer deploments to Stage and Prod are in progress
    • Sync 1.1 with MetLog support is also planned for Stage and Prod
    • Various other Services projects are ongoing
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm): BrowserID
    • Massive foundation release for Persona Beta is in Stage right now:
      • Bug 767708 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.06.22 to production
    • Mozilla's EtherPad going BID today!
    • Catalin is our new client-side tester from SV.
    • BigTent Stage test planning continues
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • None at this time
  • Hiring and Training
    • Recruiting, phone screens, interviews all on hold for this quarter

Web (Stephen)

Community (Marcia)

  • Goals
    • Q2 Community Goals have been updated and the team will need to start formulating Goals for Q3
  • Upcoming Events
    • Report from the Ancona Conference
    • Community Nominations for MozCamp EU are due today!
      • Received nominations from Henrik and Zac from QA team
      • Paid staff nominations will go out in late June/early July - Stay Tuned
    • Planning for Italian event in October progressed well
  • Testdays (ashughes)
  • Video Work
    • Final draft of MozCamp LATAM video is done and is stuck in legal awaiting review. If we cannot keep minors in the video we will have to re-edit and use other footage.
  • (Raymond):
    • bug 768657 - Add support for recurring events: can be fixed by updating the module but will lose ability to automatically publish events to the blog feed -- is this a concern to anyone?
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)


  • First Mozmill 2.0 reports submitted to the Mozmill Dashboard.
  • Trying new review process: Request review from both Henrik and Dave, to spread out the workload.


  • Mozmill 2.0
    • More regressions and blockers found. Continuing to work through these at a good rate.
  • Mozmill CI
    • Screenshots for l10n failures are now archived.
  • Web QA
    • pytest-mozwebqa 1.0 has been released.
    • Switched to internal PyPI mirror for (hopefully) more reliable CI builds.
MozTrap (Cameron)
  • TBD
Community Members Onboarding
  • item

Basecamp & Kilimanjaro Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Meeting notes from Monday's 3pm meeting:
  • Understanding and Knowing When to Nominate Bugs for k9o and Basecamp
  • k9o and basecamp bug tracking - what teams are and are not using these flags and why?
  • Followup from initial QA triage for bug verifications - github gaia issues and bugzilla
  • MozTrap test cases for k9o and basecamp - flagging bugs & getting test cases added and flagged

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Policy on Reopen vs. Open Separate Bug - QA and Dev Agreement
    • Discussion starting here, please contribute if you have an opinion
  • FYI, is moving to using BrowserID -- switch-over to occur at 5:30pm Pacific today -- will likely disconnect you from any open etherpad sessions but should not result in any dataloss (see bug 766213)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items