From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Jul 20, 2011

QA Org Items

  • New Hires
    • Welcome David Clarke
  • Upcoming Events
    • July 24-30, Automation Services work week, Cambridge UK.
      • Aug 2-5, Mini workweek with Waverley/Softvision team. (Matt B, Anthony H) Cluj, Romania
    • Jul 21, 2pm Browser Technologies Lightning Talks in 10 Forward

Discussion Items

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Fx.Next
  • Crash Investigation
  • Maintenance and Security (Al)
    • Firefox 3.6.20
      • Fixes are going in right now. Waiting on at least 20 bugs.
      • Schedule is simul-ship with Firefox 6:
        • Code freeze for non-blockers: 2011-07-25
        • Code freeze for blockers: 2011-08-01
        • Build #1 created: 2011-08-02
        • Build #1 available: 2011-08-02
        • QA testing starts: 2011-08-03
        • Build #1 released to the beta channel: 2011-08-09
        • Final release: 2011-08-16

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Issues
  • Fennec (kevin)
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Last week the client train was delayed a couple of days by regressions discovered caused by the instant sync check-in
    • No trains this week due to Services Engineering and QA work weeks.
    • James has setup a sync server environment for QA use
    • Dev is in the process of moving QA's testing environment over to the load cluster and converting stage to a CI environment.
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • Last fixes for 1.2 in review by gavin
  • Identity (james)
    • Continued meetings with BrowserID team to come up with processes, tools, and weekly release schedules.
    • Developed rough draft Test Plan for review and use in the first few July releases
    • Current schedule: weekly Train scheduled to start next week, running Mon - Wed in order to not interfere with normal weekly Train for Sync (Wed - Fri).
  • Firefox Home (nhirata)

WebQA (Stephen)

WebQA Automation

  • Need to discuss prioritizing which automation projects get the right amount of attention from QA services with WebQA stakeholders present (i.e. not at work week)
  • Thanks to Dave Hunt, we have tests for
    • Written in Selenium 2!
  • Fixed SUMO.release failures of test_questions_sort
  • Updated several AMO tests to hit zamboni pages (/z)
  • AMO test rewrite being run completely from pivotal tracker
  • Standups are helping coordination

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Testdays
    • Tracy planning a Sync Test Day for July 29th
    • Currently no plans for an event this Friday
    • Marcia and Juan meeting with Joe Drew today re: a Graphics Test Day event in the near future
  • Upcoming Conferences
    • Mozilla Festival 2011
      • QA will have a "Contribute to Mozilla" station at this event in London
    • MozCamp 2011 in Berlin
      • Has been announced but no other details. It will likely be the weekend before or after the Mozilla Festival according to William Quiviger
  • Video Work
    • Marcia and Juan meeting with David Boswell re: get involved with testing Nightly builds video
  • (Al):
    • Tubepress and other plugin updates going live on Thursday.
    • Buddypress plugin work is probably live next Thursday, July 27.
    • QMO has moved from local SVN to Github.
    • Beginning work on QMO 4.5.
      • If you want to see something in QMO 4.5 in the next quarter or so, you'd better talk to me now.

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)

  • General
    • Final Goals for Q3 2011
    • Automation Services Workweek in Cambridge, from July 25th - July 29th
  • Mozmill
  • Selenium
    • Selenium 2.1 has been released this week
    • has Selenium tests now

Project updates

API Refactoring
  • Window wrapper overhaul landed
  • Working on in-content window handling
  • Working on tabbed browsing module
Mozmill Tests for the Discovery Pane of the Addons Manager (ashughes)
Endurance Tests
  • No updates
On Demand Updates
  • New requirement: external groups (like Softvision) can use.
  • Modifying options slightly to reduce chance an external group mistakenly kicks off our tests
Case Conductor
  • .4 features released
    • Hierarchical Finder implemented in all 3 areas
    • Text entry for advanced filtering
    • First part of Environment management
    • Phase 1 of Batch mode test case entry (Test that... when... format) implemented
  • Feedback gathering continuing
    • Will be doing interviews with willing participants
  • Automation connector design started

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items
    • Update wikis! - Goal: done by next week
    • Pick a Waverly 1-on-1 time
    • Testdays, sign up to help
    • Make sure you vote for Bags
    • Q3 Goals; align with team/company objectives, don't be afraid to modify/add