« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- The Firefox 3.6.20 (used to be called 3.6.19, which was then used by the 10.7 out-of-band release) schedule is now posted
- Shipping at the same time as Firefox 6 (August 16)
- Code freeze for non-blockers: 2011-07-25
- Code freeze for blockers: 2011-08-01
- The next source code migration is August 16th
- Check out Johnath's post (also on the channels blog) detailing the release schedule if you are unclear
- Telemetry work for front end bug 671038
- Drew's dynamic e10s analysis work has r+, but there's a crasher in mochitest that needs debugging before he lands it bug 666713
- Cross-origin WebGL textures using CORS (bug 664299) landed last week (and a bug in the implementation, bug 671906, landed over the weekend).
- WebGL Angry Birds works again!
- Note: DO NOT VISIT THAT LINK YOU WILL NEVER DO ANY WORK AGAIN
- IonMonkey ran its first program, a tiny program with a & operator.
- New platform hires:
- Scott Johnson --- layout
- Ralph Giles --- video/RT
- Randell Jesup ("new") --- RTC/general
- Mats Palmgren (""new"") --- layout
- Jean-Marc Valin --- codecs
- Firefox starting up landed to m-c: set pref "browser.tabs.remote" to true to try it out!
- Windows accessibility experiment appears to be successful: we're using a dummy window to provide the accessibility tree and NVDA appears to be able to navigate it
- Discussion about responsiveness metric ongoing: are we going to measure UI interactions such as new-tab and new-window, or content effects on responsiveness, or both?
- Starting Wednesday morning, we will only generate nightlies when something has changed
- If no code change and no locale string change for any locale, then do not generate new nightlies.
- If any code change, or *any* locale change, we'll still generate new nightly builds for *all* locales.
- details in bug 650258
- This means no updates for aurora unless there are code/l10n changes. Need to advertise this on the channels blog?
- Trunk Stability Report
- 51,266 ADU yesterday - 2.35 crashes per 100 ADU.
- Trunk Daily Report
- Top Issues:
- Bug 670058 - fixed but people still crashing with old builds
- Bug 672262
- New bugs filed
- Mobile/Desktop combined Product meeting (tomas)
JS help for crasher in bug 666713? (johnath)
- Will email Dave M
- Orange factor for last 7 days has been at or below 2