Ship the l10n milestone DESKTOP MOBILE RELEASE BETA
Release:Release_Automation_on_Mercurial:Starting_a_Release#Land_patches_and_reconfig Land patches and reconfigDESKTOP MOBILE RELEASE BETA ESR
Start the automation DESKTOP MOBILE RELEASE BETA ESR
Sign Android builds MOBILE RELEASE BETA
Publish Fennec MOBILE RELEASE BETA
Run pushsnip DESKTOP RELEASE BETA ESR
Update bouncer links DESKTOP RELEASE BETA
Post-release tasks DESKTOP RELEASE BETA ESR
- Reconfig got stuck
Ship the l10n milestone
- sanity checked buildbot-configs/mozilla/l10n-changesets* diffs before feeding urls to new release automation
- fennec: https://l10n.mozilla.org/shipping/json-changesets?ms=fennec17_beta_b4&platforms=android&multi_android-multilocale_repo=releases%2Fmozilla-beta&multi_android-multilocale_rev=default&multi_android-multilocale_path=mobile%2Fandroid%2Flocales%2Fmaemo-locales
- firefox: https://l10n.mozilla.org/shipping/l10n-changesets?ms=fx17_beta_b4
Land config updates / Run release sanity and start automation
- [9:27am EST] Filled in automation web UI: http://grab.by/haDW. r+ by bhearsum
- ran into a bug with the new automation.
[09:29am] bhearsum: this is going to be tough to deal with now though....we have fennec configs bumped, but not firefox configs..... [09:29am] bhearsum: we'll have to backout the configs and delete the tags to make it work [09:33am] bhearsum: okay, everything backed out...let's try this again! [09:33am] jhopkins: bhearsum: do you need me to re-submit my web form? [09:34am] bhearsum: jhopkins: nope [09:34am] bhearsum: they weren't successfully started, so they're still in the queue! [09:34am] bhearsum: okay, config bumping on fennec + tagging went fine [09:34am] bhearsum: release sanity appears to be running now [09:35am] bhearsum: okay, looks like it's doing firefox now
- buildbot-configs auto-checkin: https://hg.mozilla.org/build/buildbot-configs/rev/343dc4bbd8f8
[09:38am] bhearsum: okay, both sanitys passed [09:38am] bhearsum: update/checkconfig/reconfig in process
- [09:42am EST] buildbot-master35 appears to be hung on slave 073
- release runner was waiting for reconfigs to finish. all but bm35 had finished.
- bhearsum looked at http://buildbot-master35.srv.releng.scl3.mozilla.com:8001/buildslaves?no_builders=1 and noticed that the 073 slave had > 10 connections in the past hour, which is indicative of a hung slave
- bhearsum followed instructions at https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReleaseEngineering/How_To/Unstick_a_Stuck_Slave_From_A_Master to fix it
Sign Android Builds
- [11:00am EST] Received automated email "All android builds now available"
- Android builds are signed.
- [12:59pm EST] Automation sees the signed builds and sends "All signed builds now available" email.
- [11:13AM EST Nov. 1] lsblakk: jhopkins: i believe we will not get QA sign off until quite late today, likely push to beta tomorrow morning or early aft if no issues arise
- [1:43PM EST Nov. 2]
[1:33pm] jhopkins: do we have an ETA on pushing Firefox 17.0b4 to beta? [1:40pm] akeybl: jhopkins: ashughes let me know we'd be ready to push b4 desktop around now [1:41pm] akeybl: we're waiting on sign-off [1:41pm] jhopkins: ok. and mobile? [1:41pm] akeybl: we're waiting on status from kbrosnan [1:41pm] jhopkins: ok thanks [1:42pm] ashughes: jhopkins, update tests are still running on releasetest [1:42pm] ashughes: I'll send email and ping you when it's done [1:42pm] jhopkins: ashughes: awesome - thanks [1:43pm] ashughes: hopefully done in the next 30 minutes
Push to mirrors
- checked uptake, OK
- [2:34PM EST] got Desktop sign-off
- verified mirror uptake on bouncer (result: 5 million)
- [2:51PM EST] got the 'go to beta' for Desktop and Fennec.
- [3:00PM EST] pushsnip completes
- Bouncer 'latest' link updated.
- replied to 'Please push Firefox Desktop...' email
- fetched https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/candidates/17.0b4-candidates/build1/android/multi/fennec-17.0b4.multi.android-arm.apk
- fetched https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/candidates/17.0b4-candidates/build1/android-armv6/multi/fennec-17.0b4.multi.android-arm-armv6.apk
- compared md5 checksum locally vs. on stage.mozilla.org
- uploaded apk's and activated new/deactivated old per wiki docs
- [3:36pm EST] finished running ./push_fennec.sh on stage.m.o
- replied to 'Please push Firefox Mobile...' email
Ran post-release builder
- [4:57PM EST] QA signs off Firefox Desktop 17.0b4 updates on beta channel
- [7:35PM EST] QA signs off on updates and installs from the Play store