Notes from the Mozilla Reps Council meeting on 2014/11/19 05:00:00 PM.
- Ideal New mentors/mentee ratio 5:1
- Pick 15 new mentors to balance the current load
- Re-shuffle of mentees for overworked mentors
- Geographical distribution important for choosing
- New super-mentors
- Mentors specialized in mentoring mentors --> Emma & Rosana to work on a proposal
- Diversity at Reps: the council will discuss furthermore how mentorship can help us foster more healthy communities. Having an emphasis on geographic but also gender diversity is also something the council is currently discussing
Proposed Workflow for Community Proposals
- Emma to drive conversations around this with the council
Training videos follow up
- UPDATED https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Mentoring
- Tasks now in buckets of 'Administrative' & 'Mentoring' (human), as RemoCamp identified many responsibilities beyond just approving bugs (administrative).
- NEW: Orientation Call added as part of approval process.
- REMOVED: 'no brainer'/no interview option:
- NEW: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo/SOPs/Mentoring-Training (not quite finished, but would like feedback before making a video)