SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 12 June, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- Still haven't managed to get hold of Serge yet.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1 (bug 721516).
- ewong and Callek are working on building on MSVC2010.
- bug 755626 tracks the progress of changing sea-win32-02 to using MSVC2010.
- L10n Update: (2012-05-20): l10n buildbots are building again on all three platforms for be, de, en-GB, es-AR, gl, hu, it, lt, nl, ru, sk, uk, zh-CN and zh-TW. Still nothing since end of April for cs, es-ES, fr, nb-NO, pl, pt-PT and sv-SE.
- 2.10b3 shipped June 1
- 2.10 shipped June 6
- Move Bookmarks is broken (bug 762824), fix committed to all branches (including release)
- 2.11b1 shipped June 8
- Also affected by (bug 762824), will be fixed in 2.11b2
- 2.10.1 release: This is likely to be sometime in the next 5 days, but depends on when Firefox / TB do their 13.0.1 point releases.
- Ewong says we'll know for sure after Wednesday when it will spin.
- Firefox 13.0.1 Test Plan
- 2.11b2 release: Tentatively Thursday 14th June.
- It's been a busy couple of weeks on the train! So well done to the build team!
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- No Lightning beta matching 2.11b1 yet due to L10n issues. Tthis has been noted in the 2.11b1 release notes.
- Compatible Lighting test builds available from the Calendar Versions Page.
- Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.9 had ~87,000 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.9.1 had ~134,100 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 13.0% on 2.0, 5.0% on 2.1-2.3, 8.5% on 2.4-2.6, 3.6% on 2.7, 7.3% on 2.8 and 62.6% on 2.9. So, in the last two weeks, ~2k (an additional 1.7% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
- The current plan is to create a new page for latest builds available for "Legacy Platforms" e.g. PPC containing links to 2.6.1 PowerPC/G4 and also perhaps to TenFourFox and TenFourBird. We can then link to that from our main release page. See bug 759315.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.
- Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales). Callek will look at best locale to transition any ka users to.
- Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with a english dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
- Callek and ewong were working on this but they didn't manage to get this done by the time 2.9 shipped. No new ETA unfortunately.
- Asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (bug 730837) missed 2.10 but landed on all branches. Is fixed in 2.11b1.
- Inclusion into 2.10.1 depends on the risk and further testing.
- InvisibleSmiley proposes a 2.10.1RC with the async live marks fix so that we can get some test coverage. Also he plans to create a local build with the fix (comm-release tip) and see how that goes.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 33 new, 23 fixed, 25 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Good First Bugs:
- InvisibleSmiley asked for an update on bug 746110 (Expose click-to-play plugins preference in the UI).
- IanN notes that it would be good if we could identify some more "Good First Bugs" for the community.
- setup sea-vm-win32-2 into production, contains MSVC2010
- setup VM for windows for calendar team
- setup VM for windows for NSS team"
- Drove to completion some issues burning trunk (and aurora)
- Assisted with ewong on releases
- Coordinated with IT on getting seamonkey-project.org updated and auto-updating again
- Monitored regressions in Gecko/Mail/SeaMonkey relating to 2.10 release [todo release 2.10.1]
- Did some reviews
- Consulted regarding if SeaMonkey can get Graphics Cards for the new HP Machines, determined not needed at this time [MoCo using them for win8 testers]
- Updated a large portion of the SeaMonkey Machines list on wikimo
- provided Mnyromyr with data regarding the users-per-locale for SeaMonkey at present
- bug 745847 - "No branch_id for a branch_name 'SeaMonkey-Release' can be found.
- Working On:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 131571 [RFE] when clicking on a mail adress that is already in the adressbook the option should be "edit address book entry", not "add to address book"
- bug 749986 Add en-GB localisation for ChatZilla
- bug 749990 Add en-GB localisation for Venkman
- bug 755059 Update en-GB for Gecko 14
- bug 755838 Update en-GB for Firefox 14
- bug 755840 Update en-GB for Editor 14
- bug 755867 Update en-GB for Thunderbird 14
- bug 755900 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.11
- bug 760971 Port |bug 728141 - Replace old synchronous favicons calls in browser| to Thunderbird
- bug 761720 Port |bug 474721 - messagereader: message header should not prefer the address book over the message headers as a source of display names|
- bug 761803 Allow mailing list recipients to send messages via BCC
- bug 762701 Add ids to addressbook file menu
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 756787 Match ID for overlay of viewSource
- bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
- bug 761852 Port |bug 664726 - Add hooks to make address book more extend-able| and follow-ups to SeaMonkey
- bug 762508 Remove defunct abCardViewOverlay.dtd file
- bug 762513 Merge abCardViewOverlay.xul into addressbook.xul
- bug 762704 Add layout sub menu to view menu in addressbook
- bug 763340 Update en-GB for Firefox 15
- bug 763622 Port |bug 388880 - Don't initialize the bookmarks toolbar item when it's hidden| and followups to SeaMonkey
- bug 763708 Port |bug 726440 - The star panel should not replace the header with itself each time it's opened| to SeaMonkey
- Waiting for additional review on:
- bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from Firefox (e.g. HTML5 form validation)
- Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- bug 752765 Create/Update 2.10 Release Notes
- bug 760632 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.10 Beta 3
- bug 761768 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.10
- bug 762584 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.11 Beta 1
- bug 762824 Move Bookmark stopped working
- bug 763060 small change to build scripts for new prod admin node
- bug 763115 another small change to build scripts
- bug 758530 Sync does not initialize automatically anymore
- bug 707305 Re-enable building with --enable-incomplete-external-linkage.
- bug 730837 Port |bug 613588 (livemarksIO) Replace livemarks with asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (was: Livemarks cause synchronous I/O during txul)| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 757330 [SeaMonkey, Windows] "a11y/accessible/events/test_focus_general.html | Test timed out.", since 2012.05."09+-17".
- bug 757368 moving the caret with arrow keys don't work any more in editor if a floating panel contains a focusable element.
- bug 746166 Remove use of cmd_backgroundColor from comm-central.
- bug 761319 Feed preview is broken in unpackaged build.
- bug 763493 Bookmarks Manager has lost its icons.
- bug 663343 The "List all Tabs" menu should visually identify which tabs are on-screen (rather than scrolled off).
- bug 756800 Fix some tabbrowser.css styles that interfers with the Webconsole bug 574955).
- bug 761088 Port packaging changes from |bug 752353 Implement DOM bindings for getUserMedia| and |bug 726593 Implement FileHandle|.
- bug 762506 Application.restart() fails. Port FUEL - Part 1, Use weak refs in Application from bug 750454.
- bug 758677 Implement a Preference Pane for Offline Applications.
- bug 763204 Context menu should not handle OGG audio as OGV video.
- Port Thunderbird bug 360800 MDN confirmation dialog does not say which addresses the receipt will be sent to (can be multiple).
- Spelling Preferences: Parse spellchecker dictionary names as BCP 47 language tags.
- Did some reviews and coding mentoring.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 749872 Skip test_handlerApps.xhtml on OS X SeaMonkey, until bug 449763 is fixed
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [DOMi] bug 748634 Bump DOM Inspector compatibility for Firefox 15.0a1 / SeaMonkey 2.12a1 / Thunderbird 15.0a1 / (Gecko) Toolkit 15.0a1
- Business as usual.
Any other business?
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we're not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.
- Top Secret stuff regarding world domination:
- Mnyromyr: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓.
- Mcsmurf: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓.
- IanN: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓.