SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 26 June, 2012, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- Mozilla IT for extraordinary care and assistance to the SeaMonkey project.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to arrange with Jeff to send a tee-shirt or something to Serge (FotFT).
- Serge is slowly working his way through his mail backlog. Thinks his ISP blocked IanNs emails as spam.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- All our machines are now all out of SJC1 are are now at SCL3 or SCL1 (bug 721516).
- Setting up SM VMs finished (bug 740613)
- Set up all SM Win32 Machines. (bug 768303).
- bug 744298 Straighten out OOB allocation for seamonkey HPs [fixed];
- The R4 Macs are plugged-in, connected and base-imaged. Waiting on Callek to complete the setup.
- cb-seamonkey-linux-01 is back in action, so we're now at 3 Linux build slaves.
- Next on Callek's agenda is the linux32 VM build-up.
- ewong and Callek are working on building on MSVC2010.
- bug 755626 tracks the progress of changing sea-win32-02 to using MSVC2010.
- Currently done. Trunk builds are now MSVC2010.
- SeaMonkey Aurora will migrate to MSVC2010 this week, Callek will likely do the switch/checkin on Wednesday if everything else looks good.
- L10n Update: (2012-05-20): l10n buildbots are building again on all three platforms for be, de, en-GB, es-AR, gl, hu, it, lt, nl, ru, sk, uk, zh-CN and zh-TW. Still nothing since end of April for cs, es-ES, fr, nb-NO, pl, pt-PT and sv-SE.
- We currently have issues with l10n repacks on aurora/trunk, Callek didn't get time this past weekend to peek at it. The issue relates to some of the very complex build-system logic we have, so it will take someone with time and understanding to investigate (< 10 hours of work). Callek will try and work on this weekend.
- 2.11b2 shipped June 14
- 2.10.1 shipped June 16
- 2.11b3 shipped June 23
- 2.10.2 planned (no ETA yet)
- in line with FF 13.0.2 "to help with uptake of Flash 11.3.300.262"
- 2.11b4: We'll spin b4 likely this evening, maybe tomorrow morning for a likely Friday release, unless 2.10.2 gets in our way.
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Lightning beta matching 2.11b now available on AMO.
- Lightning Aurora builds are also back.
- We loaned Calendar a Mac machine, still technically managed by us, but attached to the Calendar buildbot.
- Our build team (Serge, Callek, ewong) needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- sgautherie thinks that the current DOMi branches/tags are not suitable for automatic SeaMonkey branch selection.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 2.10 had ~74,000 ADU by last Tuesday and 2.10.1 had ~33,000 downloads so far.
- Of the released versions, as of last Tuesday, we have 12.7% on 2.0, 4.8% on 2.1-2.3, 7.8% on 2.4-2.6, 3.2% on 2.7, 5.6% on 2.8, 12.3% on 2.9 and 53.7% on 2.10. So, in the last two weeks, ~1.7k (an additional 1.3% of ADU) have migrated to 2.7 or above.
- Some people cannot upgrade due to system requirements (OS version, processor capabilities etc.). This even more applies to 2.10 which dropped support for Win2k and WinXP without SP2.
- The current plan is to create a new page for latest builds available for "Legacy Platforms" e.g. PPC containing links to 2.6.1 PowerPC/G4 and also perhaps to seamonkey-ppc (2.10 and 2.11b3 for OSX 10.5.8) TenFourFox and Tenfourbird. We can then link to that from our main release page. See bug 759315.
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- One tracked 2.5 issue still open.
- 2.1 through 2.7 have NOT included the ka (Kartvelian aka Georgian) locale. The last release with ka locale shipped was 2.0.14 and the ka l10n maintainers have not yet updated for changes in later SeaMonkey versions.
- The plan was that Callek now needs to morph bug 667147 into removing |ka| from our [current] automation entirely (all-locales), and will look at the best locale to transition any ka users to.
- Plan is to migrate ka users to en-US with an English dialog saying they are out of date, and a link to the all-locales page if there is a language they understand better. Current ADU of ka alone is 3-5 individuals, so low impact.~Callek
- Callek and ewong were working on this but they didn't manage to get this done by the time 2.9 shipped. No new ETA unfortunately.
- Seems like the ka locale maintainer finally turned up, so hopefully ka will be revived.
- Asynchronous load-on-demand livemarks (bug 730837) landed everywhere now (incl. 2.10.1).
- [ewong:] Back in 2010 during the Dev meeting, IanN mentioned about the preferences being:
- Too Cluttered.
- Old fashioned look. Since Netscape4.
- Show fewer preferences.
- The next preference panel should:
- Expose all preferences.
- Different level of exposure for different people.
- Should the next preferences be something along the lines of what bug 17199 proposes?
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 40 new, 23 fixed, 18 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Callek would like to call out a thanks to InvisibleSmiley for his efforts in triaging/and identifying specifically what about the nVidia drivers was causing blurry text in SeaMonkey. After that Callek found a MoCo contact at nVidia and after bit of back and forth we were able to convince them to issue a fix. This should be out in their next update (if its not already officially released by now).
Good First Bugs:
- InvisibleSmiley has taken over bug 746110 (Expose click-to-play plugins preference in the UI) now; got r+, waiting for ui-r? from IanN (requested by Neil).
- IanN notes that it would be good if we could identify some more "Good First Bugs" for the community.
- Ratty trawled through his notes and came up with a first cut of possible GFBs. Note these are "port" stuff from FX/TB type bugs so are mostly cut and paste although sometimes they require some understanding since our code isn't totally identical and the patches need to be adapted to SeaMonkey. After a bit of non-discussion he filed several GFB bugs based on his list. See: Google groups post and Bugzilla listing.
- Did a bunch of reviews.
- Tracking build and release of SeaMonkey 2.10.2(bug 767644).
- bug 745847 - "No branch_id for a branch_name 'SeaMonkey-Release' can be found.
- bug 755626 - Update mozconfigs on sea-win32-02 to build with MSVC2010
- bug 760644 - E-mail composition should have a "Delivery Status Notification" option, like Thunderbird does
- bug 764685 - install ccache on all OSX64 machines
- bug 764862 - Select all | Copy, on the about: page (xhtml), does not paste correctly
- bug 765443 - what is the name of cb-vmware1 and its IP?
- bug 766502 - Bring up all new SeaMonkey Win32 VMs
- bug 768303 - Bring up all new SeaMonkey Win32 machines online
- Fumbled on 2.10.1 and 2.11b2.
- Helped with releasing 2.11b3.
- bug 760942 - install python 'ssl' module on SeaMonkey Windows machines
- bug 765643 - profile path in profile manager asserts error when hovering over blank
- bug 765789 - An error occurred updating the cmd_saveAsTemplate command: TypeError: gMessageBrowser.contentPrincipal.URI is null
- bug 768328 - Remove cn-sea-win2k3-01 from SeaMonkey configs.
- Working On:
- bug 574955 - Make webconsole work in SeaMonkey
- bug 633937 - Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 715410 - Port |Bug 352037 - Undo Add To Dictionary| to SeaMonkey
- bug 757693 - Debug > TBPL points to an invalid URL
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from Firefox (e.g. HTML5 form validation)
- bug 756784 Make file menu popup more consistent and easier to overlay
- bug 756787 Match ID for overlay of viewSource
- bug 761000 Consolidate cmd_quit/key_quit into utilityOverlay
- bug 762508 Remove defunct abCardViewOverlay.dtd file
- bug 763622 Port |bug 388880 - Don't initialize the bookmarks toolbar item when it's hidden| and followups to SeaMonkey
- bug 763708 Port |bug 726440 - The star panel should not replace the header with itself each time it's opened| to SeaMonkey
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 757230 When using add button for permissions in Data Manager set a displayHost
- bug 761852 Port |bug 664726 - Add hooks to make address book more extend-able| and follow-ups to SeaMonkey
- bug 762513 Merge abCardViewOverlay.xul into addressbook.xul
- bug 762704 Add layout sub menu to view menu in addressbook
- Waiting for additional review on:
- Reviewed and waiting for other patches before checkin:
- Reviewed and waiting for feedback from mobile peer:
- bug 689253 Update en-GB for Mobile 10.0 (comm-aurora)
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Knock something up finding out why users are not upgrading to 2.4+ and send it around members lists for polishing.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- Working On:
- bug 746110 Expose click-to-play plugins preference in the UI
- bug 758354 Stop preprocessing chrome unnecessarily [Toolkit].
- bug 763493 Bookmarks Manager has lost its icons.
- bug 764306 When trying to scroll some folders or switch some folders the application beachballs.
- bug 746166 Remove use of cmd_backgroundColor from comm-central.
- bug 753765 SeaMonkey browser_popupNotification.js: investigate "the logic taken from bug 575957 fails to work here, work around it for now."
- bug 761319 Feed preview is broken in unpackaged build.
- bug 767323 Ampersands don't appear in the windows biff icon tooltip.
- bug 767839 Don't preprocess application.ini and update-settings.ini twice.
- bug 767841 Locales don't need to be and in fact shouldn't be preprocessed [DOMi].
- bug 763204 Context menu should not handle OGG audio as OGV video.
- bug 765596 Error in macro InstallOnInitCommon on macroline 152.
- bug 505056 Port bug 314124 Folder Pane Popup over folders with unseen messages.
- bug 758677 Implement a Preference Pane for Offline Applications.
- bug 765175 ReferenceError: getPref is not defined in addressingWidgetOverlay.js (Regression from bug 713671).
- bug 765820 Make MDN (return receipts) work for non-standard headers too, and make the MDN confirmation message say which addresses the receipt will be sent to (Port Thunderbird bug 360800).
Good first Bugs:
- Worked up a list of possible GFB bugs including some we can port from Firefox and SeaMonkey. Filed several SeaMonkey GFBs to start the ball rolling. See the Bugzilla List for details.
- Did some reviews and coding mentoring.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 744702 Port |Bug 731494 - Refactor generic code from services/sync into services/common|
- bug 758575 Port |Bug 636402 - Simplify Sync.js to avoid creating new objects| to SeaMonkey
- bug 758578 Port |Bug 609421 - Combine various JSMs| to SeaMonkey
- bug 758784 Port |Bug 603489 - Simplify crypto by removing keypair and cryptometa and use passphrase| to SeaMonkey
- bug 760785 Port |Bug 717103 - MediaStorage API| to SeaMonkey
- bug 767772 Test Timed Out test_browserElement_inproc_OpenWindow.html (Port Bug 742944 - Handle window.open in <iframe mozbrowser>)
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [cZ] bug 768338 Bump ChatZilla compatibility for Firefox 16.0a1 / SeaMonkey 2.13a1
- [DOMi] bug 768320 Bump DOM Inspector compatibility for Firefox 16.0a1 / SeaMonkey 2.13a1 / Thunderbird 16.0a1 / (Gecko) Toolkit 16.0a1
- [Venkman] bug 738564 Venkman compatibility: Use '.*' instead of 'a1' syntax, to support *-aurora/beta/release (but not *-central)
- [Venkman] bug 768340 Bump Venkman compatibility for Firefox 16.0a1 / SeaMonkey 2.13a1 / Thunderbird 16.0a1 / (Gecko) Toolkit 16.0a1
- ASSIGNED to nobody:
- bug 765491 porting Thunderbird bug 719413 (context menu part of Core bug 330868 "Paste Disabled After Copy from a Source That Is Not a Thunderbird Compose Window").
- Fix (one-line port from Thunderbird) is ready but I cannot reproduce the underlying Core bug, which is "Reproducible: Sometimes" and "testcase-wanted". Waiting for someone who can, to take ownership of the bug, get review and request checkin.
Any other business?
- Geolocation now works out of the box. MoCo turned it on by default for all applications that build off mozilla-central.
- For comm-beta all we need to do is (bug 494421) to add pref("geo.wifi.uri", "https://www.google.com/loc/json"); to browser-prefs.js. However we're not even sure we are legally allowed to ship with the URL in, we might need to actually put in a pref to disable that in newer builds.
- No news to date. Callek will have to reach out to his MoCo legal contact again soonish.
- Test failures
- qawanted, especially on Linux and MacOSX specific issues: reproducing and reporting would already help.
- Serge says that on Linux and MacOSX, he just needs someone to actually run the tests and report what they see (screen, console, etc). For example, there is a Mac test about Ctrl+W not working. This should be so trivial.
- tonymec suggests that any enthusiastic user, even non-technical, should be able to do some testing (litmus?) and not be scared by technical language and such.
- IanN suggests reaching out to the user community using the newsgroups and forums.
- Serge to do a write up and send it to Ratty to propagate to the community.
- Ratty is ***still*** waiting for Serge.