SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 29 April, 2014, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
- 1.7 Feature List, Planning
- 1.8 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.9 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- Mcsmurf says that it looks like we might be getting a blog on blog.mozilla.com.
- KaiRo will do some DNS magic to get it mirrored at blog.seamonkey-project.org
- Ratty managed to get Kerz's contact address but totally forgot to follow this up yet.
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Callek has been working on migrating our Linux builders to CentOS 6 bug 795354. Puppetmaster has been updated. Ewong is able to login to these hosts and buildbot is installed. We still need to get everything setup for parity and do some slight tweaks to the puppet config, but we're pretty close to useable.
- with the merge, this issue will now affect the 2.27 beta releases for Linux
- bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey's puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- ewong's patch is waiting for review. It was manually patched on the master; but, was reverted and the buildmaster was reconfigured and so the changes are gone. Need to have the patch pushed officially in order for this bug to be fixed.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.24 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user's POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has mostly completed the coding. Next step is consultation with mozilla-central build peers on landing the patches and also getting implicit permission to add several new top level directories to mozilla-central.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- SeaMonkey 2.26 beta 2 was released on April 18.
- SeaMonkey 2.26 final is scheduled for May 1.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- Mcsmurf asked crusell how he did the releases. https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN says he may take a look at doing this, time permitting.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Jez (Jeremy Morton) has started to work on DOM Inspector bugs.
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 984948 folder pickers in the filter editor are empty.
- bug 995755 adding new bookmarks is broken.
- bug 901332 Google CalDAV OAuth2 authentication dialog not shown in SeaMonkey
- bug 995706 I am not able to read, compose or send e-mail from my Yahoo Mail accounts
- bug 943732 Port the new Character Encoding menu to SeaMonkey.
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
- Current breakages:
- bug 995737 - adapt seamonkey for the ab remote content policy change; use permission manager instead of address book property.
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
Not necessarily Good First Bugs but minor fixes that shouldn't need advanced coding skills.
- bug 1996(longdesc) Support LONGDESC for IMG (Was WONTFIXed but is now back on the standards track).
- bug 795002 Improve detection of valid feed urls in messengerdnd.js (Port relevant bits of bug 737115).
- bug 812050 [modern] some dialog boxes clipped at the bottom. Need to add commonDialog.css to Modern.
- bug 986889 sidebarOverlay.js#1653 should be using urlLit, not titleLit. (One line typo fix)
- bug 992656 Deprecation warning on startup about 'Livermarks'.
- bug 1000303 An empty about:sync-tabs page looks broken when there are no tabs available.
Good student projects:
- bug 528229 Want pref to narrow down quick search box to match sender only or all addresses.
- We should probably port the Thunderbird quick filter.
- bug 462629 Cannot access MIME-type and file associations in new Helper Applications pane.
- Tabbed Browsing Enhancements:
Needs investigation/QA wanted?
- bug 986816 when starting with mail window: some contents missing. (Intermittent bug).
- bug 986874 Message pane opens by itself after selecting a junk mail message item.
- bug 988599 new email window displays prior composed email.
- bug 999863 Right Click->Delete in Bookmarks menu has no effect
- Workaround: set mail.compose.max_recycled_windows to 0.
- bug 990450 Update Seamonkey: Existing proxy settings lost.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 31 new, 17 fixed, 9 triaged.
- Low-Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I'm sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Modern Theme rework (Patrick Dempsey)
Modern theme rework by Patrick Dempsey in progress.
MathML in Composer
- bug 986839 - Add a LaTeX-to-MathML dialog box in Composer.
- bug 992127 - Add a LaTeX-to-MathML dialog box to the mail composer.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- To be Checked-in:
- bug 992561 - Typo in viewCertificate.label in suite/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/navigator.dtd
- bug 840427 - Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 - After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn't know mozcrash.
- bug 908090 - ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5
- bug 922076 - Switch tests to using moz.build and manifests
- bug 934492 - Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale
- bug 949884 - disable pulseaudio in SeaMonkey
- bug 956007 - Remove front end for removed x-user-def font preferences
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 918474 - Default Search dropdown doesn't get refreshed after adding new search engine
- bug 928632 - When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- To Do:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 1002021 Update en-GB for Gecko 30
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
Fixed on trunk (and aurora after the merge):
- bug 999365 Stretch new tabs toolbarbutton instead of centering it.
- bug 997741 Should the 'Copy Image' popup menu item be less ambiguous?
Needs checkin and aurora uplift:
- bug 998724 Feed preview is broken.
All subsequent tree references are pre-uplift. Fixed on comm-central:
- bug 991626 Crash involving IMAP.
- bug 525124 Double-clicking in a blank space opens advanced properties.
- bug 984948 Folder list in message filter dialog is empty.
Fixed on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta:
- bug 995802 Don't throw from registerContentHandler.
- bug 991945 Modern theme media controls are broken.
Fixed on comm-aurora:
- bug 943732 Port the new Character Encoding menu to SeaMonkey.
- bug 514280 NS_GET_IID can be used on classes which don't actually declare their own IID.
Stalled due to broken test:
- bug 974824 Remove bogus sizetopopup attributes.
Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 997445 Windows ShellService Fixups @2014-04. Port Firefox fixes: bug 950368, bug 950372, bug 980415.
- bug 1002278 Location Bar is missing on current trunk.
Waiting for check-in on CLOSED TREE:
- bug 797240 Update suite/common/app-license.html to reference MPL2 and fix inclusion into about:license
- bug 993971 Preview lightweight themes (backgrounds) when View Apply Theme menu is active.
- bug 1001071 XBLify folder-selection menus in the FilterListDialog and SearchDialog.xul.
- Some minor updates to confvars.sh .
- Update our front-end SyncUI code.
- Implement Fx Accounts (Branding? SM Accounts?).
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk (now also on aurora after the recent merge):
- bug 994849 Move inline scripts and styles for security-related about: XHTML pages into separate files.
- bug 993845 Move event handling for SeaMonkey's aboutSessionRestore.xhtml page into aboutSessionRestore.js.
- bug 993847 Move event handling for SeaMonkey's aboutSyncTabs.xul page into aboutSyncTabs.js.
- bug 995706 I am not able to read, compose or send e-mail from my Yahoo Mail accounts (no easy toggle for external protocol handlers).
- bug 1001659 Update Modern for bug 948901 changes on directory listings.
Fixed on all channels:
- bug 999269 Forwarding a message without CC header inline gets an empty "CC:" line in header table. (MailNews Core)
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 994093 Provide toggle for Geolocation service (geo.enabled) in Privacy & Security preference pane,
- waiting for feedback from Callek re bug 903439.
- bug 998787 Remove redundant "Don't Share" option from Geolocation doorhanger notification.
- bug 173465 Add UI for mail/news "network.protocol-handler.external..." preferences.
- bug 844098 Update about:rights content for Safe Browsing based on Toolkit bug 514817 and separate inline scripts,
- will be extended with Geolocation once bug 994093 is done.
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager,
- bug 999780 Context menu in tabs list of about:sync-tabs offers to open or bookmark tabs even if no longer any are listed,
- bug 1000303 An empty about:sync-tabs page looks broken when there are no tabs available,
- all spun off bug 993847.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Any other business?
- [jez] What kind of extra contributors are we actually looking for? Ones to fix bugs that are listed above, or ones to do interface overhauls that would be seen by many SM users as undesirable, superflouous distractions?
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. I'm not sure where we could discuss this. I have no idea on how to do this. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.