SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 24 June, 2014, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
- 1.7 Feature List, Planning
- 1.8 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.9 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> IanN / Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf will look into this
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- bug 800200 rm JSD. Once this is gone we should stop building and shipping Venkman.
- Callek has been working on migrating our Linux builders to CentOS 6 bug 795354. Puppetmaster has been updated. Ewong is able to login to these hosts and buildbot is installed. We still need to get everything setup for parity and do some slight tweaks to the puppet config, but we're pretty close to useable.
- 2.26.1 has been released instead of 2.27 due to build issues (bug 1018509)
- bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey's puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- ewong's patch is waiting for review. It was manually patched on the master; but, was reverted and the buildmaster was reconfigured and so the changes are gone. Need to have the patch pushed officially in order for this bug to be fixed.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.24 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user's POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has completed the coding. The decision to merge c-c into m-c has been kicked down the road into the next quarter or two.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- Some build problems were fixed
- SeaMonkey 2.26.1 was released June 16.
- SeaMonkey 2.27 was skipped.
- see bug 1018792 for 2.27 fixes that landed on 2.26.1
- Callek plans to have at least one 2.28 beta as soon as we get the Linux builders up. But no ETA yet.
- SeaMonkey 2.28 beta 1 has not been scheduled yet.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- Featured Addon: Mouse Gestures Suite for Seamonkey.
- Mouse Gestures Suite is based on Firefox extension All-in-One Gestures and has been modified to work specifically with Seamonkey. The feature set is similar but many bug fixes have been made as well as some modifications to make it run on Seamonkey without problems.
- Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
- This tool goes a little further beyond simply modifying install.rdf - it also identifies a few more other things in the code that are Firefox or Thunderbird specific and attempts to change them. Of course, not all extensions can be ported so easily to SeaMonkey since there's only so much an automated tool like that can do.
Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey: http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- The checklist for a new release is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN says he may take a look at doing this, time permitting.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
- Release notes have been updated to tell users how they can find the current Lightning version for SeaMonkey, see bug 984884.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Stalled. Needs a kick.
- Fixed since the last meeting:
- Current breakages:
- bug 1027241 Import nsICMS* from Gecko to Thunderbird to fix bustage caused by their removal from Gecko
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager needs an owner
- bug 995737 adapt seamonkey for the ab remote content policy change; use permission manager instead of address book property.
- notifications/doorhangers not showing: bug 1019583 offline apps, quietly accepting requests (partially fixed)
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- bug 910192 Get rid of intl.charset.default as a localizable pref and deduce the fallback from the locale. Tracked in:
- bug 934492 Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale.
- pref-character_encoding.xul is affected. In MailNews folderProps.xul and am-server.xul are also affected. In Thunderbird fonts.xul is broken (bug 1003716 . In Editor/UI EditorSaveAsCharset.xul is affected.
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
Not necessarily Good First Bugs but minor fixes that shouldn't need advanced coding skills.
- bug 734883Port |bug 294260Safe Mode: Auto detect previous start-up failure and offer to start in safe mode| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 1016759SeaMonkey 2.26 session restore not fully working.
- bug 1016771email account configuration has misleading description which can lead to loss of emails.
- bug 1019833Help text needed for the searchbar added in bug 410613(Open Search).
Good student projects:
- bug 1011857Implement CustomizableUI for SeaMonkey.
Needs investigation/confirmation/QA wanted?
- bug 1016699The 'Automatically place a copy in:' box becomes unchecked without my doing anything.
- bug 1016921Multiple smtp accounts require new authorisation.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 15 new, 9 fixed, 12 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I'm sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Modern Theme rework (Patrick Dempsey)
Patrick Dempsey in concentrating on paid work at the moment.
Attachment Reminders (Suyash Agarwal)
Suyash is currently working on his GSoC student project. He should be back on this bug in August. Reference: bug 984016 Attachment Reminder: Help prevent forgetting inclusion of attachments (Port TB bug 244455)
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- To be Checked-in:
- bug 840427 - Migrate SeaMonkey builders to using mock
- bug 853720 - After bug 827446, SeaMonkey doesn't know mozcrash.
- bug 922076 - Switch tests to using moz.build and manifests
- bug 949884 - disable pulseaudio in SeaMonkey
- bug 956007 - Remove front end for removed x-user-def font preferences
- bug 1021370 - Bug 1016622 changed the name of seer to Predictor. browser-prefs.js needs to be changed.
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 918474 - Default Search dropdown doesn't get refreshed after adding new search engine
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 1026895 Update en-GB for Gecko 31
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
Fixed bug 1019021 Fix packaged builds throwing NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED when trying to run for .. in .. loops on the content window object.
- too busy
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 1026008 Lightning preferences don't work on 64-bit Windows builds.
- bug 1025254 Invalid chrome packages should trigger an error page.
- bug 368608 Fix DOM Inspector after removal of inIFlasher.
- bug 1016132 Stop mutating the prototype of extApplication.prototype.
- bug 1021615 Customise dialog doesn't display toolbar style after changing toolbar style preference back to full.
Needs beta checkin:
- bug 1020630 Content permission doorhanger/notification doesn't work.
Needs checkin and aurora approval:
- bug 1018256 Fix Save and Change Character Encoding dialog.
Needs checkin and aurora and beta approval:
- bug 1018263 Selection list properties dialog doesn't work properly.
Needs checkin and aurora port (string changes):
- bug 934492 Adjust the preference panes for the removal of the charset data source.
- bug 970121 URL bar isn't decoded in some edge cases.
Waiting for review:
- bug 825127 about:memory in Modern includes old CSS version.
Still waiting for review:
- bug 1009451 TypeError: tabs[i]._preview is undefined.
- bug 970993 Aero Peek rendering issues.
- bug 553757 SMTP Server dialog doesn't fit after disabling SSL.
- Fix comm-central bustage due to m-c bug 1013060 Stop setting SCCACHE_NO_HTTPS.
- bug 1028217 Update CollectReports() to fix c-c bustage caused by bug 1010064.
- bug 973530 Add UI to access the remote debugger preferences.
- bug 1019383 Implement search-engine discovery notification.
- bug 1023277 Dropdown for mail view selector: "All" an "Unread" without text instead of highlighted with IWN7-Basic and Aero Themes.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on all channels (including 2.26.1 release branch):
- bug 1019583 Part 1: Enable notifications by default again for using offline storage.
Waiting for check-in:
- bug 1019986 Clarify "Don't Show" label in Desktop Notification bar and doorhanger.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 1009233 Help on mail account settings for authentication method needs updating.
- bug 1019583 Part 2: Update Offline Web Applications preference pane.
- bug 1025569 Notifications for requests from Offline Web Applications offer beyond-session options in Private Browsing mode.
- bug 998787 Rename options in Geolocation doorhanger notification to disambiguate "Don't Share" vs. "Not Now".
Still waiting for ui-review:
- bug 994093 Provide toggle for Geolocation service (geo.enabled) in Privacy & Security preference pane.
- bug 1024832 Permission to use offline storage based on offline-apps.allow_by_default shouldn't set "Allow" permissions.
- bug 1027944 When disk cache is disabled, about:cache repeats "memory" entries for "disk" category. (Core)
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Any other business?
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.