Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-04-16
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- Search unification - Next steps
- We need to revisit this document and define the goals based on the metrics that we defined: 
- Need to have a meeting for this. Thursday, April 19th at 9am Pacific time in conference 9435. (in place of KB meeting)
- ~ 1/2 way through 2012.7 sprint
- Fixes for KPI dashboard
- Now discounting questions from unconfirmed users
- Combined some charts
- Here are various product pickers that we will test
- need to double-check what product names are allowed
- Next in line to design:
- Layout variations for landing pages (different pages have different info density, and may be unique)
- Search facets (basically, design for search result page: what it looks like, and how it will function)
- Will take a lot more time than I thought
- Basically, it means that it will need to work on the redesign full-time rather than split the work
- Will talk to Crystal about my role in SUMO and how to best balance:
- The redesign work
- Work on SUMO contents (styleguide, rename, new IA on old SUMO design, coming up with tailored search)
- Work on SUMO forum features for users and contributors
- Need to have a meeting to define what Bram's highest priorities should be.
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
- Can we get a update on the army of awesome twitter account the @firefoxhelp one as some people are asking can we use that to do support
- Madalina to look into the possibility for people to use this @firefoxhelp account, including its benefits and drawbacks.
- Can we get a update on the livechat - as some people have been asking me when its coming back as they miss it
- No real updates since it was decided to put it on hiatus. No increase of inbound support as a result of not having Live Chat open. Our dev priorities for SUMO in 2012 are on self-service (taxonomy, search engine, navigation, IA) and support forum.
- Can us contributors get our own @support-mozilla.org email address or a farward to our dedicated firefox support one - the reason is some people do not want to give out their own person email address - satdav
- It's not something we should be doing because we shouldn't be giving out email addresses, and we're not sure what problem this is supposed to solve. (plus it would be complicated to implement, with co-ordination with IT)
- IRC Meeting - the next sumo irc meeting will be in may 10th we have agreed due to the public holiday the start of may -satdav
- can we get a section for the uk version of english as its a bit different from the us version - satdav
- The likeliness of us getting enough people to want to translate en-US articles into en-UK is very small. Also, the benefit is minor at best.
- Michelle to coordinate desktop feedback while cww is on vacation first two weeks of May: she will like all of your help and support to stay aware of emerging issues, thanks in advance!
- Warnings for EOL products will happen the Firefox 12 release. Support will begin to be cut off in Firefox 13.
- Do we all agree on this metrics to track the IA changes? 
- Discussion to happen during the KB meeting on Thursday.
- Question: Do we still need the metrics in the google spreadsheets? Can we just use the KPI dashboard?
- If it's not something that you need to monitor constantly, remember that you can get that info on demand.
- We'd like to have a decision in the next couple of weeks.
- KPI Dashboard
- Mobile specific
- Madalina and Rosana are attending MozCamp LATAM next weekend
- Workshop for a new SUMO Style Guide starts tomorrow in the KB forum.
- Finishing up Firefox 12 updates today. Five new articles were needed: What is the Mozilla Maintenance Service?, Firefox 3.6 is no longer supported, Firefox no longer works with Mac OS X 10.4 or PowerPC processors, Firefox no longer works with Windows 2000 and Firefox no longer works with some versions of Windows XP.
- Last KB meeting was great. Next one is Thursday.
- Current plan is to beta about one week after uplift on April 24. We missed our first zero bug day, so we are at risk, but working to limit risk.
- New mobile start pages are live and Ibai is collecting data to understand the results, we'll have a report-out next week.
- Marketplace to launch on April 26th as community Beta that will run on Firefox 14. Around 3000 invites to be sent.
- Services team working on defining Sync 2.0 and Kilimanjaro efforts.
- SUMO day results on hold due to problems with the metrics dashboard and "no replies" filter bug