Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> davidb for davida
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Now in String freeze
- Creation of comm-1.9.1 branch: 2009-10-22 (proposed)
- Code Freeze for RC1: 2009-10-30 23:59 PST
- L10n deadline: 2009-11-02 23:59 PST
- RC1 builds start on: 2009-11-03
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 10 (-7)
- Wanted Thunderbird 3: 274
- Fixed RC1
- TB 3.0rc1 - blocking: 82 (+19)
- Will remove from bugzilla the ability to request Wanted 3.0 flag since we're so close to shipping.
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- If you see what look like theme/css issues, especially on Windows, please file a bug, with a screenshot, and the version of Windows you're running. Tag it with a "polish" keyword, and nominate it for blocking-tb3?.
Last week :
- Regular Triage event
- continued Crash monitoring
- Top crasher got a Testcase
- Looked into multilingual QA
This week :
- Update event - we'll provide support for people updating from older versions of Thunderbird to either 3.0b4 or Latest nightly, more details at : Thunderbird:QA_TestDay:2009-10-15
- Start thinking about testing for rc1
Topcrashes - 3.0b4 top 6 :
|fixed 2009-10-04||bug 513315||[@ nsScriptSecurityManager::GetCurrentJSContext()]||1|
|emerging - legitimate?||-||startup @ __delayLoadHelper2||2|
|fixed 2009-09-25||bug 480090||sending email after being in offline mode [@ morkRowObject::CloseRowObject(morkEnv*)] - [@ nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::SetCopiesToDB - nsMsgOfflineImapOperation::Release]||3|
|patch pending 2009-10-13||bug 505221||[@ CountTotalMimeAttachments(MimeContainer*) ]||4|
|idle||bug 513543||[@MimeInlineTextHTML_parse_eof ]||5|
|idle||bug 482849||[@ canonicalize ] while doing a nightly update||6|
Standard8 suggested adding a metric of how many crashers per build users we have (e.g., how many crashers per b4 user).
- Press watch: End of the Email Era worth reading through the comments
- Press tour coordination.
- SpreadThunderbird has new theme on staging, launching with new theme this week.
- Handed off new icon, getting into builds soon. (still need to blog about it)
- Web localization handed off to pascalc and team. A few pages still in progress (release notes, features page needs screen shots, and press release).
- Going to contact top 300 or so add-on authors to tell them about 3.0 release schedule.
- bug 470679 - l10n nightly updates (complete+partials) available on comm-central trunk
- mini in production, building OS X comm-1.9.1 nightlies flawlessly so far
- bug 520628 - Planning production/staging infrastructure for MoMo SUMO
- Top 5 GS Thunderbird 2 Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 ) basically the same as last week with the exception of the AVG anti-virus false positive
- Cannot receive email
- Cannot send email
- AVG false positive for thunderbird 18.104.22.168 and firefox 3.5.3 (thanks to tomcat and sam sidler for their help in IRC to quickly resolve this)
- address book (how to use, how to export contacts)
- Attachments (attachments not working, corrupted)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta Top Support Issues (not many reported, starting to monitor to see what we can improve for post 3.0)
- ui change complaints (users want "old header" aka what the dev community calls "compact header" back, how to use gloda, gloda complaints)
- excessive gmail bandwidth from imap change to download all email, fixed in current i.e. post October 7, 2009 Thunderbird 3 nightlies
- SUMO for MoMo tracker ticket: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=520628, gozer spinning up 22.214.171.124 instance (thanks!) and Roland beginning to write content this week
- Will engage Campus Reps students in Thunderbird support - call for volunteers email is going out this week
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 11 / day (78/7)
- total new topics:110 total replies: 74 (Ruby Code)
- date:20091006 #new support topics:17 resolved: 8
- date:20091007 #new support topics:13 resolved: 7
- date:20091008 #new support topics:13 resolved: 3
- date:20091009 #new support topics:10 resolved: 5
- date:20091010 #new support topics:5 resolved: 3
- date:20091011 #new support topics:2 resolved: 0
- date:20091012 #new support topics:1 resolved: 0
- #replies from non MoMo folks:13 from Andrea (thanks!) 4 from Thomas (thanks!) 5 from TMZ (thanks) MoMo folks: 60 from Roland, 7 from Mark Banner (thanks!), Ludo 3 (thanks), Bienvenu 6 (thanks), Bryan 2 (thanks!), Asuth 1 (thanks!)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 73 - 60 = 13 (28 last week), 50 Hendrix messages (generally Hendrix messages are unhappy)
Ludovic asked if we might have ispdb ready by rc1 - Blake thinks not...decided that we need something in the db for rc1, and Blake will schedule a follow-on meeting.
- Reviews and Driving
- Thinking about security releases.
- A little bit of holiday.
- Resolved issue with trunk builds that stopped updates (and ssl) working.
- bug 520977 Dock icon doesn't reset when it gets to zero unread messages.
- bug 338549 Mailnews account password prompts at startup no longer serial.
- Happy with POP3 patch but a tester suggested it may not be quite right, need to investigate more.
- blocker work
- Reviews and Driving
- Fix hang on shutdown if you shutdown immediately after closing a compose window where you've done autocomplete against ssl ldap, bug 420744
- fix retention settings getting propagated from folder to server and thus to all folders on the server, bug 515316
- Make empty trash on smart folder empty all the trashes, bug 517723
- Only display start page once per life of thread pane/tab, part of bug 520272, speed up opening folders
- Make sure streaming imap messages with aLocalOnly set doesn't sometimes fetch message from server, especially for compact offline store case, bug 519801
- Remove new mail account from old mail wizard for tb, bug 515479
- Clear pendingRemoval attribute after applying retention settings in case retention settings change so we don't keep purging messages that no longer should be purged, and then redownloading them, bug 521134
- Detect empty upload file earlier on in process so we don't get left hanging with an unfinished url, and keep trying to playback the offline upload, bug 497598
- l10n updates live on comm-central trunk
- momo-vm-leopard-02 imaged from a mini is in staging
- Wrangled an interesting Apple gcc-4.2 bug bug 520401
- MoMo SUMO bug 520628 work in progress
- Production/Staging setup for SUMO
On vacation: Thursday+Friday
- Some fixes to Who column display and some of the gloda integration to search, plus some auto-open mailbox improvements
- Hoping to get a new beta of Eudora/Penelope out this week
- Released SeaMonkey 2.0 RC 1 on Saturday - feedback quite good
- Driving SeaMonkey 2.0 final, hopefully final RC this week, release roughly a week after it if nothing bad comes in
- see the QA update.
- Last week:
- This week
- Closed bug 494430, bug 490430, bug 518586, and bug 520457.
- Posted patches to bug 519505.
- Reviewed bug 511417, bug 519916, and bug 519110.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- More work on the rest of my blockers, and maybe start into some tb3-wanted.
- Drive ISPDB RC1 discussion.
- wee bit of Spread Thunderbird testing of new theme
- Fixed (or in-progress) MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 513709 configure.in: Remove some useless vars, mozilla-* ones are enough