|Thunderbird 3.1 final||Thunderbird 3.0.6|
|June 24 (assuming no issues found).||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludo
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- ISPDB success rate at 34% - 45%. Top missing domains: o2.pl, aon.at, cox.net, sbcglobal.net, versanet.de.
- 80% retention of Funnel Cake 1 after two months. Needs to be tracked over time.
- Next Funnel cake to be based on Tb 3.1 instead of 3.0.5
Thunderbird 3.1 Final
- Expecting to release this week, assuming no significant issues found.
- Will probably follow something similar to the Firefox 3.6.6 schedule, assuming we don't need to release earlier.
- All required gecko bug have landed in 126.96.36.199 (the ones that we landed on our relbranch for 3.1).
- Blocking bugs etc: Bug Lists
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Thunderbird 3.0.5 Released
- 3.0.6 probably in sync with Firefox 3.5.11
- 3.0.6 more likely to be mainly core fixes with a few fixes to mailnews.
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- Help Wanted: Working on getting the trunk stable and significant issues fixed. See thread on tb-planning.
- Aiming at getting trunk fixed up asap.
- Schedule of first alpha TBD, probably mid-July.
- WIP about our dev process look into Tb-planning for updates in the next few weeks.
- working on releases.
- we have our weekly bug triage event this thursday
- We have a mailing-list targeted for people willing to help test releases.
- Press update: gearing up for Tb 3.1 release, representative story Mozilla's next Thunderbird gives Gmailers hope; wide coverage on Thunderbird 3.0.5
- COMPUTER BILD, Germany's largest IT pub, awarded the Audience Award "Golden Download" to Thunderbird 3 in the Internet category along with Google Earth and Skype.
- ADU's: 5.9MM, downloads still steady at 75k to 95k a day.
- Submitted talk for Mozilla Summit on Global Marketing for Thunderbird
- 3.1 story about better search, faster product and upgrade assistant.
- Linux 64-bit COMPLETE
- Thunderbird 3.1 rc2 major updates (from 188.8.131.52 and 3.0.5)
- Thunderbird 3.1
- more New in Thunderbird 3.1 (ready to go)
- update keyboard shortcuts and menu reference for 3.1
- add-on version compatibility notes
- pointers and integration from Get Satisfaction and Knowledge base to Enterprise docs on MDC
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script - will ping rainer for next draft; met with Italian and Spanish support contributors, will try to meet with other non English support contributors e.g. German language contributors before and during Summit; submitted session for Summit
- SuMoMo - next: get new user registration working looks like it *was* broken again 561925 - Andrei fixed svnmerge issue, thanks!, get SuMoMo localization dashboard, bug 549407 working - will ping Andrei about this hope to get progress before Summit, - no metrics because we turned off Google Analytics but haven't turned on replacement; revamping SuMoMo home page to have top 10 problems (and move list of Articles to another page as per SuMo) as well as final edit of SuMoMo articles before 3.1 on Thursday; will have informal session at Summit with localizers
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix - support volume down week - 282 new topics (411), Sadness the same: 61% (62%) - GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- will work on alice.it ispdb and Italian support issues for 3.1 this week
- back to basics for support and user pain - based on discussions with support contributors and staff at All Hands going to sketch out higher level use cases instead of assuming that the solution is to just put a layer on top of GS for new topic input wizard, great discussion with David Eaves about this last week - will document this on a wiki page and review on tb-planning
- thanks to top volunteer contributors: #1 matt of Australia, #2 chris ramsden (England) #3 rsx11m of usa, #4 breaking_pitt of spain, #5 Bozz of usa
- Everything fine we are on track.
- RC3 spawn due to localization issues.
- Lightning talk on calendar in whistler.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- seamonkey freezing tonight for version 3.1a2
- 2.0.5 is being pushed today for seamonkey.
- Talk to Mnyromyr @ the summit for Seamonkey related stuff