last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 1||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, November 9, 2010 17:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnelcake 3, still crunching numbers have a weeks worth of data now. We have about 1k less than in funnelcake 2 in this sample w/ ~4200 users.
- ISPDB: 39% conversion rate; top 10 domain misses: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, aon.at, interia.pl, telenet-ops.be, cox.net, btinternet.com, netease.com, shaw.ca, ntlworld.com
- We're still waiting on legal stuff, and are using the time to polish.
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- Merged with trunk, fixed some test failures in Berkeley store, 3 left to fix
- Test to fix not to hard up to now, but busy with other point
- should be dogfoodable by 3.3
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Currently ironing things out with clarkbw and andychung before cutting a 2.0 release. [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- Set up new wiki page listing our various branches.
- New blocking and status flags set up for 3.3x. Bug tracking page also set up.
- Trunk Alphas will be code-named Miramar, based on previous discussion on tb-planning. Nightlies will adopt the name once we branch.
- Mac builds now swapped to 32/64 bit universal builds, dropping the ppc architecture.
- Builds seem to be fine, though updates not published at the time of writing.
- See post on tb-planning for known issues and further information.
Miramar Alpha 1
- Release what we have on trunk
- Backend improvements
- Add-on Manager and extension changes
- Linux 64 bit and Mac 32/64 bit builds.
- Current blockers
- Expecting to start release process this week.
Post Alpha 1
- Aiming for frequent alphas, specifically to pick up fixes / features.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- Unthrotle 3.1.0 -> 3.1.6
- 2.x user down to 17%
- Preparing testing round for Alpha1
- We need more testers
- PR Update: Lots of positive reviews 1, 2 for F1 by Mozilla Labs. Articles boosted by Firefox 4 Beta 7 news on the same day.
- Facebook Messaging announced. WSJ, Washington Post. Lots of coverage, mixed reception.
- AOL Phoenix Project also announced, an updated version of their AOL Mail.
- ADUs: 6.4MM total ADUs current high; 2.x is 18% of total ADUs now, downloads steady at above 90k a day average
- Starting planning for 2011 conferences (FOSDEM, etc), marketing events participation. Send me info if you have suggestions on where we should be.
- Mac OS X 10.6 32/64 Universal builds on trunk nightly
- Packaged Mozmill/XPCShell tests on trunk (no more check builders)
Build / Release Update
- added comm-central trunk release builders
- working on provider support for broker(account provisioning API)
- more updates to free email providers page on http://trunk.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/features/email_providers.html
Sumomo clean-up: complete and make draft articles live; new articles; combine duplicates; updates
- Quick Filter KB
- Switching to Thunderbird
- Installing TB on the Mac
- Sending and Receiving Messages
- general work around Windows and updating articles
- looking at contribution sources / metrics, MDC and Sumomo
- Kitsune QA (the new support / KB platform)
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 449 new support topics down 21% (567 last week; this week is a bit down from normal)
- Make TB 3.1 look like TB 2 MozillaZine/Mozilla Messaging Collaboration "sprint" is technically over but could still use your edits!
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Dmose, standard8, bwinton, davidB ,gozer,john,Andrei