Thunderbird notes 2017-03-21 NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
Jorg K, Paenglab, mkmelin,marcoagpinto, ba,
MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
Action items from last meetings
Current status / Announcements
Current Release Critical Issues
- tracking matrix: (broken) http://hg.mozilla.org/users/kent_caspia.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html
- leftovers of nominated 38(?) : http://tinyurl.com/pgwflyg
- Tree issues:
- https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status (somewhat abandoned)
- dashboard: https://mozilla.kewis.ch/treestatus/#/tb-treestatus
- c-c getting better - Perma-red/orange: https://mzl.la/2lrQTHC
- tracking-tb52 flags: unfixed ?/+ - https://mzl.la/2dVQYjg
- 52.0beta 1 (2017-01-27)
- 45.7.0 (2017-01-26)
- 52.0beta 2 (2017-02-11)
- 52.0beta 3 (2017-02-16)
- 45.7.1 (2017-02-07)
- 45.8.0 (2017-03-07)
- 52.0beta 4 (2017-02-28)
- Upcoming - https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Future_branch_dates
- next merge date: 2017-04-17
- 52.0 ESR (build in progress - third attempt - looking good, except linux repacks bug 1349300)
- 53.0b1 (coming up, later this week)
- 4.7.8 (bundled)
- 5.4 (TB 52 ESR)
- bug 1346338 NNTP - crash when downloading, regression of bug 1337865
- bug 1344538 Fix error handling in OnProxyAvailable() for SMTP, POP, NNTP and IMAP.
- bug 1344138 Bustage (disable web extension test)
- bug 1345771 Bustage (missing include file in DOM web speech)
- bug 1347868 Fix crash when sending e-mail via MAPI
- bug 1347687 Bustage fix (disable M-C test_handlerService_json.js xpcshell test)
- Awaiting review:
- working on bug 1341211 nsIFilePicker show deprecation
- fixed two other bugs noticed through that work: bug 1348691, bug 1348663
- Started work on converting the website to static site.
- The above was paused to do active work for the final switchover of the live.* services to our servers.
- Attempted switchover but the traffic overwhelmed a linode load balancer(!!!!), >13k connections, so working on resolving that.
- Also streamlined cluster setup significantly and added CI for the ansible repo via circleci (https://github.com/thundernest/thundernest-ansible - green checkmarks beside each commit tell you whether building and testing succeeded or not)
- updated tb-planning new subscriber email and https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/tb-planning
- filed lots of build bugs and tracked to get fixes for 52.0 and 53.0b1
- shipped 52.0b3 and 52.0b4
- reviewed 50+ crash bugs not completely correctly closed by an otherwise helpful triager (a work in progress) https://mzl.la/2mMJt1D
- new mapi topcrash bug 1347868 fixed by jorgk (thanks jorg)
- after pushing on it, looks like bug 1343805 Evalute a darker font for comments [for bugzilla]. yay!
- along with mattau and others, got up to speed on "the new SUMO" aka lithium launched on 2/1, and pushing on issues like bug 1342576 Add additional links to ask questions (boring stuff for most of the team, but critical to our users)
- Trying some de-RDFication in bug 464710 (works) and in bug 453908 (almost working).
- I proposed a GSOC project for TB (upgrade to mozmill 2.0).
- doing a cleanup sweep, removing some nsISupportsArray references, compile warnings, converting obsolete code (e.g. Date.toLocaleFormat bug 1332351)
- Google Summer of Code coming up
- Accessibility lead
- Person comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example, graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Lead to run the donation campaign after TB 45 is released.