- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 432 7917 (US toll free)
- +1 334 309 0297 (International)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Development Updates
- 4 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 5 Foundation Updates
- 6 Roundtable
- 7 Other Business
- Development Updates
- IT Updates
- Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Foundation Updates
- Other Business
Due to Firefox 2.0 slip, we have decided to shorten the 126.96.36.199 release cycle to get it out before we reach release time for 2.0. Current schedule and info is available at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:188.8.131.52:Community
- Nominations Deadline: Tuesday, August 15th
- Patch Approval Request Deadline: Tuesday, August 22nd
- Code Freeze (Checkin Deadline): Friday, August 25th
- First Candidates Available: Monday, August 28th
- Tentative Ship Dates: Wednesday, September 5th (Firefox Only)
- Beta 2 slipped by another week. The new code freeze is scheduled for this Wednesday (Aug 16) with beta release candidates available the next day for BFTs, and a ship date targeted at August 23rd.
- slip due to number of outstanding blockers in several areas
- see the August 8th Bon Echo Status Meeting notes for details
- note that Beta 2 will be a string frozen release, meaning that all strings and URLs in the en-US release should be considered final for the purposes of localization efforts
- ideally get 3 weeks of user feedback on the second beta
- possibly some more visual refresh artwork changes to come
- focus on fixing performance, security and crash bugs
- expecting to release 3 RCs of Firefox 2
- new ship date for Firefox 2 will be in mid-to-late October
- The theme update from Arvid (author or the qute theme) are progressing nicely and is almost done!
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Firefox 2 launch planning is underway. First set of marketing deliverables will be messaging content and press tour related content.
- Pascal Chevrel has joined the team to manage localization of web content.
- Brand simplification project is continuing with handoff of brand guidelines and asset library scheduled for September 1.
- Oregon crew and video interns pulled it off! Crop Circle completed and looks great.
- Crop Circle team will be pushing videos and photos and blog posts ASAP.
- SFX and Fox Tales collecting similar events/stunts on the road to Firefox 2 release.
- Intern Matt finished up and headed home. This is John's last week.
- Web diaries from Canada and Japan to be launched this week.
- Interviewing for Community Marketing position.
- Party planning tool should be live this week.
If you have questions about any of the following (or anything else related to Developer Relations) ping dria in #devmo.
- Team met in TO last week (dria, sheppy, sancus) to discuss current Q3 goals status, to have a preliminary talk about Q4 goals, and to talk about some other general issues.
- Search system: new search system for MDC is coming along nicely, with an initial crawl finished last week. System should be up and ready for testing shortly (no specific ETA at the moment, given scheduling of other issues).
- MW upgrade: Estimated another 5 person-days of work. No current ETA on completion due to scheduling of sancus' time. (Final ETAs should be established at the DevRel meeting on Thursday this week.)
- Firefox 2 documentation: well under way. Sheppy is confident that they'll be ready prior to the Fx2 launch.
- Breadcrumbs MediaWiki extension revisions: currently on hold.
- Newsgroup summarization service: well under way, will hopefully be putting the final touches in place this week to enable getting that service off the ground next week. We will need volunteers to handle the summary construction, so will be blogging about it repeatedly in coming weeks.
- Process to get a logo for MDC is underway. Should see some significant progress there by the end of the month.
- Visual redesign is on hold until the logo is finalized.
- Sheppy is starting to work on a new series of extension-related documentation.
- Feedback system: next step is to do some basic customization of a Hendrix install. We have requested a new newsgroup for this service.
- Still no progress on the Mozilla Hacker's guide migration.
Add-ons and AMO
- Work very much underway on Remora, targetting late-Sept/early-Oct launch to accompany Fx2
- Justin Scott (fligtar) demolishing admin/developer-side bug list on AMO-current