- 1:00pm PDT (20:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 432 7917 (US toll free)
- +1 334 309 0297 (International)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Development Updates
- 4 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 5 Foundation Updates
- 6 Roundtable
- 7 Other Business
- Development Updates
- IT Updates
- Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Foundation Updates
- Other Business
- Candidate builds for Beta 2 now available
- see the August 15th Bon Echo Status Meeting notes for details
- the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH is closed (as announced until we've got a smoketested beta2 release candidate
- the mozilla 1.8 tinderbox page has bug queries for the remaining blockers as well as up to date tree status
- the Firefox 2 Beta 2 release date will be discussed at tomorrow's Bon Echo Status Meeting
* Qute theme refresh landed * Message navigation (forward/back) landed
- Let's welcome TR!
- Reflow branch Tinderboxen up and running
- l10n version number changes
- Service Window - 8/22
- Mecha SSH shutdown - please open a bug if you don't have access via another means
- NetApp will be down for 10-20 seconds for an interface change
- WebTools (bonsai, lxr, tinderbox) will move to a new machine (vm)
- SVN server coming up this week
- Continued corp work
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Firefox 2 launch planning is continuing. First set of marketing deliverables will be messaging content and press tour related content.
- Brand simplification project is continuing with handoff of brand guidelines and asset library scheduled for September 1.
Wrapping up Flicks contestant swag. Settled on design, reviewed the shirt, and will be starting to send out shirts soon. Pushing Flicks to Yahoo! Video. Hoping for some feature placement there.
Crop circle top digged Firefox story this year and number 2 Firefox digg of all time. Top 50 overall digg this year. Made slashdot and several local Oregon news outlets, as well as an AP story. Behind the scenes Web diary posted on Friday.
Asa worked with Seth on Community Giving program. First surveys sent out. Going through results now.
Asa interviewed with Business Week and Inc. magazines.
Starting to look at moving WFFD to SFX.
- dria and beltzner will be attending the An Event Apart event in Seattle.
- Continuing discussions with David Humphries about Seneca and MDC working together on some projects.
- Ongoing discussions with Radiant Core on some branding/identity work.
- Working on defining a new role within the Developer Relations team to (slightly) expand scope and improve execution on existing projects. Nothing concrete at this point.
- developer.mozilla.org has been added to the Urchin system, but that process is not yet complete. Will hopefully have that finished shortly -- just need to hack some code into the MDC skins.
- Firefox 2-related documentation is well under way. Sheppy is currently working on documenting the Theme changes.
- News summaries services is ready to go, just need to advertise it and get some volunteers to work on it. If you're interested in helping out with that, please see the Newsgroup summaries pages on MDC.
- Sancus is working on the new search system and MediaWiki upgrades for MDC and should have those ready shortly.
Add-ons and AMO
- Remora planning and development picking up speed
- Localization guide and goals coming this week.
- Working on getting requirements to IT ASAP.
- Meeting notes from last week are on the wiki.