« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- Fx 184.108.40.206 major updates were rolled out
- IT has some numbers, but approximately 3 million have updated
- There was almost no feedback regarding major update on newsgroups.
- Fx 220.127.116.11 triage on-going
- hunspell is now on the trunk but not part of the build yet. Thanks to Ryan and Nemeth for their work on this. Hunspell will eventually replace myspell as our spell check engine.
- Wrapped up Alpha 6:
- Updated SQLite
- Improved cookie performance
- Support for site-specific preferences
- Miscellaneous fixes and UI improvements to the Add-ons manager, download manager, bookmarks and history.
- Work on Beta 1 is commencing:
- Places UI changes
- Bookmarks sync
- Web-based protocol handling (first UI maybe this week)
- Identity UI
- Major update
- Went well - continues at a rate of ~13 updates/sec, topped out at a rate of 30 updates/sec
- just under 3 million major updates
- no negative impact on infrastructure
- Downloads Graph
- Talkback has been removed from all nightly trunk Firefox builds, replaced by breakpad; breakpad is also shipping in all 1.9a6 builds.
- We'll be updating linux nightly builds to the new reference platform this week; bug 384035 tracks the work.
- VMware migrations were finished last week, but performance on the Netapp isn't what we thought it would be based on tests; we're actively trying different configurations and talking with Netapp and VMware to work through the problems; bug 386074 tracks the issue.
- Build team is now triaging bugs on two week cycles; we're doing a triage tomorrow, which begins the next cycle. We'll be posting more details shortly about what priorities mean and how we're using them.
- Test Execution
- Major Updates testing
- Alpha6 Smoketests and focus testing
- Test Development
- Fx3 on-going functional tests development
- Tools and Automation
- Book your travel!
- Sign up for booth duty
- Successful community building in Brazil -- check out JT's blog for details
- Brazil brown bag later this week
- Vendor selection meeting Tuesday at 2pm for support system. Dial in info:
- Tuesday, July 3, 2:00 pm PDT
- +1 650-903-0800 x91 Conf #284
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf #284 (US)
- Join #customersupport on irc.mozilla.org for the IRC back-channel
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Last round of testing throttle patch. see results.
- Download count patch deployed read about results on the webdev blog
- Check out UI progress
- Mozilla Support
- Evaluation of possible groupware
- moz-eu CMS
- Going live today
Note that Frank is traveling on Monday, July 2, during the weekly call, and won't be able to participate.
- We'll be funding a project to enhance the NVDA open source screen reader for Windows to better support Firefox. WebAIM has officially completed its project to produce revised XUL accessibility guidelines and create a XUL accessibility evaluation tool. Henri Sivonen completed the third milestone on his current HTML5 conformance checker project.
- We're going to be pursuing formal trademark registration for the Camino logo.
- Gerv is continuing evaluation of CAs for inclusion in Mozilla products, and has two candidates (A-Trust and Entrust) for approval.
- Gerv continued work on a bugzilla.mozilla.org Product/Component reorganisation plan; discussion is occurring in mozilla.dev.planning.
- David is continuing to get up to speed; in the short term he's looking at helping out with the www.mozilla.org web site and tracking of Mozilla Foundation donations.
For more information see the individual status reports:
- Sunbird and Lightning 0.5 released this week
- based off MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH
- uses AUS for future updates
- Sunbird and Lightning 0.7 in planning - Driver: Daniel Boezle from Sun Germany
- Flock 0.9 went into public beta this past week
- based off of Fx 18.104.22.168
- scheduled to release within next two weeks