« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
Friends of the Tree
Nominate somebody today!
- Reed Loden, Mike Shaver, Rob Campbell, Colin Barrett all nominated Phil Ringnalda (philor) "for being ever-vigilant with making sure all our unit/perf test tinderboxen are doing their job.", " for constantly watching out for tinderbox.", "for his tireless efforts writing bugs on the unittest boxes. He's keeping us honest, anyway.", and "catching regressions and tinderboxen just falling off the face of the earth a number of times last week." Go Phil! Thanks for all your hard work.
- From me (Asa) "Rishi Mallik has been our community tree's friend for the last several weeks with all of his great work project managing the nascent Community Connector tool."
- Mark Finkle nominates the Mozilla UX group. "They are churning out many design prototypes and creating a lot of discussion. I think it really embodies Mozilla's openness and its good for the product."
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 shipped on Thursday (8/23)
- No longer offering major updates to Thunderbird users until the next cycle.
- We have ~450k Thunderbird 1.5.x pings on AUS, down from about 1.4 million before major update.
- 220.127.116.11 Triage on-going
- No major status updates this week.
- Reminder that Sept 5 is M8 code freeze.
- What we're working on:
- 1.9 Blockers Only
- Prioritizing those blockers which are high complexity and may have unknowns causing longer time to implement.
- Security Bugs
- Memory Leaks and Performance
- Hangs, Regressions, and other broken features.
- Note that on Sept 5th we'll go into Tree Control/Threat Level Red which means: all checkins require explicit approval flags.
- On approval flags, we believe we have the queries fixed, but if you find that a component for 1.9 is missing in one of the either the approval queries or the triage queries, please email the driver for that component know via email and request that it be added.
- After M8, We'll resume Tree Control Level Yellow: 1.9+, wanted-1.9 bugs auto approved, other changes require explicit approval flags.
Note: See this dev-planning thread for more info.
- new url location bar autocomplete algorithm (additional tweaks to follow)
- continued progress on Places UI changes
- continued progress on protocol handling work
- devmo moving to the cluster tomorrow.
- hardware/rsync issues with manna - working on a fix.
- tinderbox code upgrade - 4 hour window.
- new win ref platform
- page load server migration bug 373848
- build automation / Firefox 18.104.22.168rc1
- working with IT on bug 393462
- FFx3: Ongoing daily smoke testing. Focus testing of new features such as Places, Download Manager, Search bugs. See new test plan for plug-ins manager. [sdonner, tomcat, abillings, others]
- FFx 22.214.171.124 bug triage [juanb]
- Partner major updates: testing is on-going for 1.5.0.x -> 126.96.36.199 major updates.[tracy, tchung, tomcat, others]
- Thunderbird 188.8.131.52: Bug fix verifications, L10n testing, and update testing. This was released on Thursday! [juanb, tomcat, jay, sdonner, abillings]
- Testing special automated FFx 2.x release. This is to ensure new automation is working well before going live on real release. Ran BFts on three main platforms. [tomcat, abillings]
- Test new download pages [sdonner, jay, others]
- tomcat has completed 19099 tests run in Litmus :-)
- JS tests: Regression detection working well. Working on getting the tests automated by having BuildBot drive the tests.During a seemingly simple step to add buildbot to the mozqa group and expand permissions for buildbot to write files, a mistake was made that has effectively broke the windows build system on winxp02 and winxp03. Working on resolving that. Work is proceeding to automate this for Win, Linux and Mac. [bc, robcee]
- FFx 3
- Creating special FFx 3 tests for: attribute and event state change optimizations in nsCSSStyleSheet, bug 315920 [ctalbert]
- Protocol Handling: Updated Litmus test cases with new UI. Updated Litmus cases with new steps and enabled the UI. Found a regression bug 392957. Met with dmose about creating a simple web service to illustrate this support for M8. [ctalbert]
Tools and Infrastructure
- Setup talos machines. Ported robcee's Buildbot configurations/scripts to work on Linux and Mac. Setup Talos slaves: qm-mini-xp01, qm-mini-xp02, qm-mini-ubuntu03. Right now these are reporting results for graphs-stage. We will be finishing setting up the linux machines and setup the Mac OS machines. then start collecting trunk and branch current data and baselines. [bhearsum]
- Ported MSYS-specific testing code from tinderbox to Talos to get trunk performance testing started again. See: bug 393220 [coop]
- Fixed trunk talos reporting and updated stored code for unittest and talos masters [robcee]
- Minotaur: Decided on how to handle the Minotaur output files for L10N and Partner Builds [ctalbert]
- Completed Mozilla University page and pushed live on Friday [jay]
- Extending the Litmus/QMO Test Extension to aid in tying test case failures to new or existing bugs. [ben_h, coop]
- Completed a first draft of a testing strategy document. This will help us prioritize community initiatives. [jay]
- Firefox Campus Edition released last Friday.
- Alpha 7 outreach (Schrep podcast: http://tinyurl.com/367qdv)
- Moving MDC to the PHP5 cluster this week, thanks to everyone who helped us test the test installation; if you see any late-breaking problems there, please comment in the migration bug.
- Churning out Firefox 3 docs as fast as we can. Please check the doc plan to make sure your hard work that impacts developer documentation is listed!
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO site update tonight, pending testing
- Determining if /extensions and /themes on rsync can be removed (/addons is used for AMO now) see bug 390479 and bug 384031
- Breakpad server is back up, working on optimizing app
- Worked on two mozilla.com JS bugs: bug 393263bug 393265
- Setting up dev servers this week for civicrm/drupal, realtime chat solution (for support), AMO on PHP5
- Rock Your Firefox 0.4 coming along - preview of the new homepage
- mozilla-europe using new download code. Ready to be put behind the netscaler again (bug 393631)
- IP/legal issues
- Frank Hecker posted a new version of the Mozilla domain name license application to correct the Mozilla Foundation postal address.
- Frank resumed work on putting together a draft corporate contributors agreement.
- Frank and Zak Greant worked on various trademark-related issues.
- Grants and related activities
- Two new projects got approved for funding, details to be announced when all the paperwork gets done.
- Web sites
- David Boswell continued work on revising the Foundation section of www.mozilla.org and participated in discussions around broader changes to www.mozilla.org.
- Frank worked on issues related to a third-party's web sites with misconfigured SSL certificate information causing Firefox errors.
- Zak helped out with Software Freedom Day and Mozilla24 planning.
- David met with Bradley Kuhn of the Software Freedom Law Center.
- Gerv Markham was on vacation.
For more information see the individual status reports from David, Frank, Gerv, and Zak.