- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- Thanks to everyone who helped with the Thunderbird major update release last week including community testers who participated in the test day, and Nick, Juan, Carsten, Anthony, Marcia, Jay, Al and the rest of the QA team.
- No major news. Continuing to resolve regressions from items that landed on our M7 feature complete release.
- Thank you interns: Rob Arnold, Eli Friedman, Waldo, Biesi, and mrbkap (yes, he's still an intern :-D )
Bit of a slow week last week due to MoCo all hands and travel.
- Plugin management (mwu, carryover from last week)
- Plugin blocklisting (mwu)
- New Downloads Manager UI (sdwilsh, carryover from last week, number of bugfixes)
- New Bookmarking UI with starring and tagging (mano)
Upcoming (close to landing)
- Vista Parental controls
- Post-submit pwmgr prompt (infobar, not modal)
- Unified history/bookmarks search for location bar autocomplete
- Web apps as protocol handlers
Big thanks to MoCo summer interns: Christine Yen, Steve Won, Michael Wu and Shawn Wilsher
- Plugin Management
- Longstanding request/need
- Support disabling/uninstalling all plugins
- Blocklisting of vulnerable plugin versions (top vector of attack against Firefox users)
- Windows/Linux shutdown handling
- Better shutdown handling/experience (single save session/quit dialog)
- Avoids dataloss and/or confusing dialogs on next startup
- UI prototyping/implementation help
- Fixing core front end bugs
- Protocol handling front end
- Still in progress, but major step forward
- Download manager rewrite
- Backend rewrite to move to SQLite, improve API for extension authors
- Frontend redesign to support ease of use, searching
- SQLite improvements
- Move to current SQLite, performance improvements and bugfixes
- Use our i18n support in place of ICU
- onsite - no updates.
- TB 220.127.116.11->18.104.22.168 major update shipped last week
- TB 22.214.171.124 being QA'd, plan to ship this week if all goes well
- Win32 Nightlies have been switched to the new reference platform.
- no symbols for nightlies, see bug 384624 for details.
- Bug triage
Mostly attended the On-Site
- Completed final release testing for Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 -> 188.8.131.52 Major Update
- Tested the new download page from David Rolnitzky
- Tested Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 RC1
- Held a special planning session on Monday as part of the On-Site
- Tested Firefox 3 new features
- Tested partner major updates
- Developed more tests for dbaron's bug 315920 - attribute and event state change optimizations in nsCSSStyleSheet assume changes are sequential [ctalbert]
Test Tools and Infrastructure
- Held special planning session on Monday as part of the On-Site
- Worked with IT to get new Mac Mini's setup for Talos
- Minotaur: Discussed new simplified approach with tracy, alice, robcee, kev, mic, pike. Implemented new verification scripts, reusing existing code for new approach. Installed SVN locally so that scripts can be fashioned to use the "checked in output file" approach. First pass of new version completed. [ctalbert]
- Fixed 14 Litmus bugs where were various true bugs, clean, and enhancements. [coop]
- Jprof profiling of bookmarking test run on the trunk. Could not complete full run due to crashes however was able to get results from a partial run of a few hours. Sent profiling data to Seth Spitzer. [bc]
- Held a Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 Testday on Friday. See results.
- QMO: Held QMO design meeting to get feedback on website features and layout to better understand what is working and how we can make the site better. Started design document to pass on to John Slater and the design team so we can get some mockups together for the QMO site refresh. Installed i18n module and helped Dynamis patch Drupal for better localization features. Working with Mozilla Japan to get documents translated into Japanese.
- Mozilla University: Created flyer to include in the "Back to School" packages being sent to our Campus Reps around the country. Working on http://www.mozilla.com/university landing page for students/professors that might visit looking to get involved in the Mozilla project. [jay]
- New Firefox download and first run pages are going live this week.
- Announced SUMO leadership team.
Asa bringing back "Friends of the Tree"
- Looking for help with outlines/examples/complete docs for various Firefox 3 developer features; come find something on the doc plan
- Do you have a great demo of the power of open web tech? We're looking for pointers to them, and ideas for great new ones, to help people see what the web is really capable of today. Please add yours to shaver's list!
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Bouncer updates pushed Wed -- see blog post for more
- Basil joining AMO team to help with policy, roadmap and project management
- Breakpad reporter crashed late last week with memory issues -- we are working on a fix
- FAMO 0.4 pushed
- IP/legal issues
- Frank Hecker generated a new version of the Mozilla domain name license application to correct the Mozilla Foundation postal address, and will be posting it to the www.mozilla.org site shortly.
- Grants and related activities
- Web sites
- Gerv worked on a number of pending CA applications for certificates to be included in Mozilla products.