« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Friends of the Tree
Ken Kovash nominates and asks that we all give a huge thanks to this week's Friends of the Tree: Julie and Bret. Julie and Bret have put in herculean efforts to make this year's Intern Program Mozilla's best yet.
Fx 126.96.36.199 / TB 188.8.131.52
After release, bug 425576 was filed, which showed a new crash in Firefox 184.108.40.206. After some investigation, the crash turned out to be a new topcrash in the release having multiple stacks and accounting for ~9% of all crashes in Firefox 220.127.116.11.
We met on Tuesday afternoon at 4pm, we met and decided to firedrill Firefox 18.104.22.168 for this new topcrash. Our estimated schedule is available, though it's completely subject to change.
QA, igor, and others worked for two days to try and find or create a reproducible testcase. Even though one wasn't found, on Friday we opted to start builds based on code analysis. RC1 builds are now available and are being tested by QA.
Because of this new issue, Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 is on hold and will likely be re-built as Thunderbird 126.96.36.199.
- Currently driving towards 3.0a1, and starting planning for 3.0. Accepting nominations, as per this page.
- Starting with a weekly bugday (thursdays), your help is more than welcome!
- Results of the last bugday are available as well as previous days.
- RC1 Freeze date is April 8.
- 125 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 15 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 73 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 32
- Blockers created in last seven days: 18
- 70 blockers
- 49 without patches
- 40 blocker noms
- Not going to be done for planned freeze tomorrow, but getting a lot closer to done
- MXR capable of indexing code checked out of Hg and SVN - going to be deployed Tuesday - Stage Site
- Working on regressions from Bugzilla push
- FF188.8.131.52 done by bhearsum - his first time doing a release.
- FF184.108.40.206 started Friday afternoon - finished while Nick flew and I was offline.
- TB220.127.116.11 on hold; likely to be stopped and do TB18.104.22.168 instead. Stay tuned...
- Q208 goals are now in its 2nd draft. Final draft to be compiled this week and posted.
- Shipped Beta 5 on 4/2. Despite respin issues, QA/build/Web managed to release in 4 1/2 days!
- Feature testing:
- Microformats: Filed bug 427456. Submitted patch with tests in bug 427457 [ctalbert]
- Places: Continued to hone bookmark tests
- Offline: some exploratory testing [marcia]
- Plugins: Tested critical plugins and extensions needing blocklisting against staging. bug 421993
- Filed 12 new memory leak bugs. [tomcat]
- Investigated GC crasher regression. bug 425576 [ss, bc]
- Completed a scan of the top 500 sites using a debug Firefox 2 build attempting to find a test case for the Firefox 22.214.171.124 GC crasher regression. Not reproducible so far. [bc]
- Testing began this week on Fx 126.96.36.199 rc1
- Third installment of "Getting to Know the QA Community" was published [jay]
- Feedback from blog highlights obstacles faced and ways to improve community events. See link for full set of survey results.
- Updated Test Day planning page to include all of our outreach channels for announcements/broadcasts [jay]
RSA Conference is this week. Window is there today through Wednesday.
- FISL, April 17 - 19, Brazil: Activities include:
- Community Party on 4/18
- Firefox in Brazil Panel on 4/18
- Mozilla Workshop 4/18
- Mitchell speaking on 4/19
- 3/31 Anniversary Party: Thanks for making it out. Pix are up.
- Reminder: if you want to help us with testing and feedback of the redesigned mozilla.com in advance of the launch of Firefox 3 email siteredesign -at- mozilla.com to be added to the beta tester list.
- First SUMO Day this Friday 
- "Freezing" en-US in-product this week
- Localizers should then be able to start translating the 14 Firefox 3 in-product articles
- Lots of performance work last week, plus moving the SUMO server all (TikiWiki) off the netapp
- Still redirecting fx3 in-product links to static page; will hopefully change this week
Search Engine Marketing
- Recent experiments conducted to determine optimal bidding strategies. The result: for our primary search campaign, we've found a way to increase our click volume by 50% (without zero cost increase)
- Current test being run to determine the impact of url branding. We'll blog with details later this week ().
- Stats Dashboard update
- Omniture (new web analytics solution) update: public discussion expected this week; implementation should resume shortly
- Working out details of Dromaeo implementation with WebKit and Opera teams
- The last of the unwritten Firefox 3 articles on MDC is complete.
- Working with IT to schedule the MDC wiki switchover.
- Have begun planning the desired blogging for the upcoming quarter
- Chris Blizzard at Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit in Austin this week.
- Getting involved with Mozilla mobile group
- SethB, Asa, and Mconnor working on Firefox 3 contributors list (credits and summit lists)
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- SUMO scaling - b5 went well, still working on perf bugs for Fx3
- Breakpad - major updates last week, working on 0.5 and 0.6 milestones
- Breakpad - about halfway through python scripts to populate aggregate tables for faster topcrasher results bug 426386 and bug 426389 (part of 0.5)
- AMO 3.2.1 updates pushed last week, looking to close this out in next 2 weeks
- Committed patch for adding external installer support to PFS; Kev is working with vendors to coordinate changes for Fx3 bug 404577
- Committed patch for plugin blocklisting support, upon testing found that we need to add version ranges to plugin blocklist entries bug 391633 -- Tony also did some testing for blocklisting a plugin in bug 421993 so thanks to Tony for his help w/ testing
- Set up a dev instance of Brainstorm and Pligg, we are currently evaluating these for an Alpha launch of a feedback app this quarter bug 426420